Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Suggestion] Favorite Champions Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhero01

07-23-2014

When you enter a lobby and select a champion to play you have to go through dozens of champions to find the ones you play most. Sure, you can search for them but that is time consuming and you'd rather be able to see the ones you want to play now, not those which you couldn't be bothered to play. Solution? Add a favorite champions tab.

Located right next to the "Champion" tab and before the "Skin" tab which opens after selecting your champion. This tab holds only the champions which you want to play right now or play the most. This tab, like your runes and masteries can be edited on your profile, and like runes but unlike masteries, it can only be edited via your profile. It can not be edited in the lobby.

Say I have one hundred champions but I only generally play ten or I want a list of all OP champions to either play or ban. This would be efficient, accepted and it is just sad it has not been implemented yet.

So, why not? Let's start making our favorite's list today! (or tomorrow, or whenever Riot wants to implement this fantastic feature)

Thoughts, suggestions?

bloodclad

07-25-2014

It would be nice if you could make groups on your own. Lets say me, i am jungler for a team, then i could make a group with junglers in. A really good idea, i'll try to get it in the game.

Zhero01

07-25-2014

Quote:
bloodclad:
It would be nice if you could make groups on your own. Lets say me, i am jungler for a team, then i could make a group with junglers in. A really good idea, i'll try to get it in the game.

Precisely, which is why we need this feature. Say I often play unconventional junglers, but I can't be bothered to remember all of their names, why not just add them to my favorite champions tab? Easier on the eyes and easier and quicker to make a decision.

Shadowteen20

07-29-2014

i like this! Maybe you could put sections, like the item sets, to make champ select more organizeable. Love it! Let us get this out there!
SHADOW!

Aleve

07-29-2014

Or just type in Fighter, Tank, Assassin, or w/e and have a view of those..

Zhero01

07-30-2014

Quote:
Aleve:
Or just type in Fighter, Tank, Assassin, or w/e and have a view of those..

Still doesn't solve the problem. Say I play one assassin, two mages, 2 marksman and one fighter (or whatever). I'd have to remember each of these styles (mage/assassin/etc) and then I'd have to pick the champions out from their respective styles. This is too tedious, it would be much easier to just look at a couple favorites and nothing else and then make a decision.

Zhero01

09-07-2014

Fist BUMP. Seriously need this. Getting tired of having to go through champs to find my favorites.

Zhero01

09-12-2014

Bumpppp

Zhero01

09-18-2014

Shameless bump!

SkyeBlueBandit

09-19-2014

This is actually the first time I've browsed the League forums, and I was only doing it to see if someone has posted about this before me.

I don't have the largest champion pool, I own about a third of the champs and play maybe half of that, but I always forget who I own and can play where because in champion select I just see a mess of portraits.

It'd be great if we could make almost custom folders, like Bloodclad suggests. Just having a drop-down list of "Mages" or "Assassins" like the champions tab on the profile wouldn't be enough to me, what if my preferred tops are Lulu, Aatrox, and... I dunno, Zed top? That's Three different champions with three different categories, I'd like to make a custom folder so I can see MY top-lane choices.

This is literally my biggest issue with League right now, that's all I want; custom champion folders. (I also don't like how summoning Azir's soldiers will cut the distance short instead of moving you, but that's another issue for another day.)