Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ohmwrecker ideas.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FenrirStriker

Recruiter

07-23-2014

Before anything, I'd like to apologize to anyone if they posted something similar to this suggestion as I didnt bother to check any other page in the forum for any similar subject.

So i've been thinking. Ohmwrecker is in theory a good item, however it doesnt see much play, its a much more situational item and usually only built, atleast from what i've seen, if your in advance. and ever since spirit of the ancient golem lost tenacity, ( even if the tank masteries offer tenacity) tanks are now limited to one tenacity item. so I came up whit this idea more or less.

Ohmwrecker: kindlegem + aether wisp + etheir cloth armor or null magic mantle.
Price: around the 2600, to be determined.

Passive: 10% cooldown, 5% movespeed, tenacity
300 or 250 hp some ap and some armor or mr depending on the other component.

active: select target tower, on enemy, disable it for 2.5 sec on allie, slight range increase, atk speed increase and splash for 2.5 sec ( or something in the likes to give it a defensive option like the old garrison summoner spell)

reasoning: the idea behind this is to make it more appealing for both support and utility junglers by giving them what they essentially want, being more importantly stats like some hp, but not too much , cooldown reduction and move speed for positionning. a new active that would both serve offence and defensive purpose would give the item more flexibility the price though to be adjusted would be to make it more of a somewhat late laning phase, mid game item. and tenacity well, would be giving cc reduction option for tanks and support.

course this is just an idea, perhaps there's too much stats on the item, hence why I'm throwing it out there to discuss as I would like to see this item build more because the idea behind it is pretty decent.

if you have any suggestions, comments or other ideas to rework the item or such please discuss.

17inchcorkscrew

07-23-2014

What is your goal for this item? As it is, you seem really confused about its purpose. It has armor/mr (I think you want armor, but it doesn't matter), health, AP, MS, and CDR, and none in large amounts. Why does this item need health? Why does it need CDR? Why does it need AP? etc.
Some people don't like rito's way of not randomly buffing an item when they don't know what they're doing with it, but it prevents them from derping way more than they already do.

FenrirStriker

Recruiter

07-23-2014

well my goal was to give it what support and utility jungler use, but not enought to make it appealing to other types of champions as it already gives alot utility, to me the way I see it, and I could be wrong, by giving these stats, cdr and movement speed for a utility jungler or support is always nice as it helps you position yourself properly, the CDR is always important for a support as it allows you to shield, or heal more often or well just plain support.

the health is pretty straight forward, it gives a little more survivability, other then sightstone, support other then braum, leona, taric or tresh tend to be limited hp item wise, my reasoning behind it was to give them more options.

clear world

07-23-2014

Oh, i want to suggest a change to Ohmwrecker. But first, I think it should be pointed out, I think the champions that would use this the most are melee tanky champion since they are the ones who generally needs to dive in. Hence, I see AP being expendable.

Ohmwrecker
* New recipe: Cloth Armor + Glacial Shroud + Cloth Armor + 450g = 2000g
* + 65-70 armor
* + 300 mana
* +10% CDR
* Active: Either double nearest ally turret attack speed for 5 seconds or prevents the nearest enemy turret from attacking for 2.5 seconds. A turret can only be affected by this affect every 60 seconds. 1000 range. 120 seconds.

Now the simple goal of this is to fill a few ninches I notice while playing support, that being, there really isn't a good armor item for supports (by supports i mean range supports like Nami and Janna) since FH, Omen, and sunfire all kind of require the support up close to the enemy and that's usually not idea for them.

Additionally, the expanded active effect is there because, this isn't a rush item but rather more like a 3 or 4th item, so it needs to have value in case of many turrets getting destoryed quickly. And why not base it off like Garrison in Dominion.

At the mean time, because never needing to have more than 450g to build a component allows ease for support roles to build towards it, unlike for example Omen, which requires like a 1000g save up which is so hard for a 0cs support. This should give it some chances of being picked over items like FH, Omen, and Sunfire.

Additionally, with the stats it provides (mainly being armor), it gives a good ninch of being build along FoTM. As FoTM and sightstone grants health, so health options aren't lacking, so this high armor can compliment that build without making it a 'required' item. Therefore, this item can be a good build for those tanky supports bot lane. This item should stay ninch as it does have a bad potential of stalling games, which I think we all would want to avoid.

So to answer, why each stat exist: Armor because excluding health, armor is the next defense against turret shots and also because there is a lack of armor support items. CDR because this is geared towards supporting role (but mainly tanks and tanks need a good amount of CDR as well). Mana because I don't want bruisers to be building it (since most bruisers can functions properly without the need of any mana item, so hopefully the mana deters them a bit).

Lastly, it still holds some potential for a jungler to grab if they want it.

FenrirStriker

Recruiter

07-23-2014

I like the way of thinking of clear world, the only thing I'm afraid is that it might benefit abit too much braum, leona, taric or tresh, the armor might be abit too hight, hence why i originally suggested the low health stats instead of armor as the champs named above can already take a punishment and have great defensive stats. thus making it not as interesting to nami, sona, soraka.

clear world

07-23-2014

I counter with, FH (for the tanky champions being too strong). It provides an additional: 30 armor, 100 mana, 10% CDR, for only 600g more. And the 30 armor already is worth the 600g, so that leaves the mana and CDR to be just more rewards. IMO, because it lacks health, it requires that needed investment in health before this item becomes worth it's slot, therefore, allowing it to stay ninch.

And for the squishy range support such as Nami, sona, soraka, janna. I'm not designing this to be a must have item. It having only pure armor makes it a ninch item at best. but when the situation arise (in like the opponent team has both rengar and kha'zix) in which you need armor for the champion, but you still want to be a support for your team, this becomes a good choice. And when does nami and sona have great defensive stats. If they get jump on, they will mostly die. Sustain is not defensive. Soraka on the other hand is 'supposed to be tanking stuff' so she might be better off with FH.

And lastly, once again, if the situation arise which you need armor for them, your choices are not really ideal. You have to pick between, Omen, sunfire, FH, Zhonyas, thornmail. Being close to enemy is generally not your goal, and Zhonyas have has a horrible build path for supports. Out any of those options, only FH seems like a possible candidate to compete with it's cheap build path and somewhat supportish effect.

Elphrihaim

07-24-2014

I don't see the theft.

Additionally 'stealth' is the incorrect word, you want 'stole'.

Additionally, that last sentence should actually read something like:

Quote:
Wow, it's amazing that somebody stole my idea and says it's their own. Please be honest and admit that you stole my idea

but seeing as the premise appears to be false anyway...

Venowolf

09-28-2014

Quote:
FenrirStriker:
Before anything, I'd like to apologize to anyone if they posted something similar to this suggestion as I didnt bother to check any other page in the forum for any similar subject.

So i've been thinking. Ohmwrecker is in theory a good item, however it doesnt see much play, its a much more situational item and usually only built, atleast from what i've seen, if your in advance. and ever since spirit of the ancient golem lost tenacity, ( even if the tank masteries offer tenacity) tanks are now limited to one tenacity item. so I came up whit this idea more or less.

Ohmwrecker: kindlegem + aether wisp + etheir cloth armor or null magic mantle.
Price: around the 2600, to be determined.

Passive: 10% cooldown, 5% movespeed, tenacity
300 or 250 hp some ap and some armor or mr depending on the other component.

active: select target tower, on enemy, disable it for 2.5 sec on allie, slight range increase, atk speed increase and splash for 2.5 sec ( or something in the likes to give it a defensive option like the old garrison summoner spell)

reasoning: the idea behind this is to make it more appealing for both support and utility junglers by giving them what they essentially want, being more importantly stats like some hp, but not too much , cooldown reduction and move speed for positionning. a new active that would both serve offence and defensive purpose would give the item more flexibility the price though to be adjusted would be to make it more of a somewhat late laning phase, mid game item. and tenacity well, would be giving cc reduction option for tanks and support.

course this is just an idea, perhaps there's too much stats on the item, hence why I'm throwing it out there to discuss as I would like to see this item build more because the idea behind it is pretty decent.

if you have any suggestions, comments or other ideas to rework the item or such please discuss.

Personally looks very identical to my original post:

Quote:
Venowolf:
I agree completely too. They've changed SOTAG so much it's not even funny and removing the tenacity was just stupid. As of now there are only two tenacity items--Zephyr and Merc Treads so what about put the tenacity in items than actually are very few times that build's like Ohmwrecker.

Ohmwrecker need more love is an nice item, I really like the idea to put tenacity in his passive and sligthy increase his price and stats to make more tankiness and add more utility:

+350 health --> +450 health
+50 ability power
NEW: +8 health regen per 5 seconds
NEW: +5% movement speed

total cost inceased to 2500g from 2000.

NEW: Passive: Unique Passive: TENACITY: The duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds, polymorphs, and immobilizes are reduced by 35%.

Active: Unique Active: Prevents the closest enemy tower from attacking for 2.5 seconds (120 second cooldown). This effect cannot be used against the same tower more than once every 7.5 seconds.

Recipe of Ohmwrecker changed to:

Giant Belt(1000g)
Aether Wisp (915g)
Rejuvenation Bead (180g)
+405g

total cost 2500g

So Tenacity and Movement Speed are two stats that make very good sinergy also this item can be build by tanky-supports that not have much access to AP like Taric and Leona. Also help a lot the tanky junglers like Maokai, Nunu, Sejuani, Nunu, Zac, Rammus to make cool play's diving into the tower.

I really want a new Tenacity item specially with the Mov. Spd boost and I see in Ohmwrecker a lot of potential to be a great item.

Wow is amazing that someone stole our ideas and makes it own's, Pls be honest and admit that u stole my idea...