Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noobie in need of help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melvear

07-24-2014

Play games

It'll give you time to improve some more. Just don't play all bot games to try and make it faster. It gives terrible habits.

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-24-2014

Alrighty, XD
Thanks for the help!

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-28-2014

Alrighty, so I saved up and bought Lee Sin, even though he's skill shot he seems fun to play. Does anyone know some good guides/builds for him that i can kinda follow? Thanks

vortical42

07-28-2014

Quote:
XxBLACKxTIGERxX:
Alrighty, so I saved up and bought Lee Sin, even though he's skill shot he seems fun to play. Does anyone know some good guides/builds for him that i can kinda follow? Thanks

Not trying to throw cold water on your plans, but Lee Sin is EXTREMELY difficult to play well. If you are willing to put in the time to master him, great. He is one of the best jungles in the game. Just be aware that you are going to lose a lot of games and get raged at by random strangers.

Good luck and happy ganking

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-30-2014

So another question...(sort of)
Ive been jg quite a lot recently and Idk when to gank or just farm. I go to gank and nothing happens, I farm and then my team needs my help like all the way across the map. I go to gank nothing happens, leave and go farm camps and then my teammates die from either their laners or a gank. I feel like im being a useless jungler not getting my team snowballing or getting them kills or something.

Renegade Pige

07-30-2014

Don't worry about being at 1/3 hp after your first clear, most junglers this season end their first wave with that much hp, maybe even less. If you've just started playing League, then you probably don't have all the masteries yet, and definitely don't have extensive rune pages. Life steal Quints are really helpful for junglers. If you can't obtain runes, still to really reliable Junglers like Warwick, Nunu, Udyr, or Trundle, they all have good sustain for easy jungle clearing.

vortical42

07-31-2014

Quote:
XxBLACKxTIGERxX:
So another question...(sort of)
Ive been jg quite a lot recently and Idk when to gank or just farm. I go to gank and nothing happens, I farm and then my team needs my help like all the way across the map. I go to gank nothing happens, leave and go farm camps and then my teammates die from either their laners or a gank. I feel like im being a useless jungler not getting my team snowballing or getting them kills or something.

This is what makes jungle such a difficult role to master. I've been playing this game for 3 years and I still struggle to balance all the tasks a good jungler should be performing. The best advice I can give you is to be proactive rather than reactive. Running from one side of the map to the other putting out fires buys your team time at best. At worst it does nothing but put you further behind as you miss out on farm and potentially feed kills to the enemy team. If you want to WIN then you have to take the initiative and make the enemy team respond to YOU. So rather than trying to bail out a failing lane, you are much better off applying pressure to a lane that is already winning. It sounds counter-intuitive and people will yell and scream. In the end though getting that one lane fed and setting him loose will give you far more benefit than simply keeping everyone treading water.

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

08-15-2014

So im level 29 about to hit 30. Any tips if/or when I go and play a ranked game?

Squirvizard

08-15-2014

I remember when I was playing on a smurf account, I found jungling rather difficult because I didn't have my runes/masteries. That may be one of the reason you're having trouble with farming jungle camps, and I assume people are helping leash the first buff. It might be easier once you get your runes/masteries, so save up for runes.

But yeah, Jungle is probably one of the hardest roles, ganking isn't hard, but you'll have to practice for a while until you know when to go in, or not feed double buff to the enemy. (In other words, know your limits) I say it's the hardest role because it gets pretty complex at higher levels of play, it's more of a strategical thinking role. But, just to put things simple, the Junglers main job is to snowball your laners.

Might I suggest you look at FoxDrop's youtube channel? He's a Diamond 1 Jungler, he has some video's that may help you, I think recall one specifically for ganking.

Edit: It turns out you also have trouble knowing when to gank/farm. If you can't gank a lane, KEEP FARMING. Like you said before, you couldn't gank because they were hugging turret, then you cannot gank that lane. (Unless you're tanky, and can dive them) Watch the map and see which lanes are pushed or not, if the enemy top laner is pushing to your turret, you should probably gank him. The more you play, the more experience you'll get, to be able to make the right decisions.

Secondly, observe how they are playing. Are they playing aggressive? Then wait for them to engage on your teammate before you go in.

--

Also, about ranked, I suggest you play A LOT of normals before you play ranked, until you are confident you know what you are doing, and remember, objectives, such as towers, dragon, baron, and inihibitors ESPECIALLY, are important! There's also a FoxDrop video explaining 5 low elo mistakes, which he explains objectives importance in order, check it out!

League is a really deep game, good luck!