Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noobie in need of help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-23-2014

Hello everyone,
My friends got me into LoL like 4 months ago and everything. (Sorry if this is wrong section). I seem to have like one good game and then after that I do terrible in the rest. My friends want me to learn to jungle but like not going to lie i die to camps. They say its easy but I don't know how to keep my health up because i'll finish both buffs and have less than 1/3 hp. There are no guides that i have read that really help me. It's mainly how to gank and routes but I need to learn the straight basics and not get executed by creeps xP

So if anyone can help me with my doing well and then sucking the rest of the night or the jungle, greatly appreciated. Thanks

Magicalslowpoke

07-23-2014

one thing, concerning having a good game then going on a losing streak? one thing that happens a lot is youll have an epic game and get really fed, get used to being practically a god ingame, and that confidence will carry over into the next game. you get into the habit of being aggressive and then die because you got way too aggressive.

add me if you would like, and I can give you some coaching on jungling, but I probly wont be on til tomorrow. youll probly have to remind me why you added me too

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-23-2014

I understand that i can get the over confidence, but most of the time I dont play super aggressive. Sometimes ill just give up a kill but then after that ill play passive. But i added you so yea.

vortical42

07-23-2014

Don't feel too bad if you are struggling in the jungle. You are trying to pick up one of the most challenging roles in the game. Even worse you are trying to do it without the full set of runes and masteries that jungle players rely on to help them get through those first few clears. Even if you were level 30 with the right runes, there is a final obstacle that you need to overcome: your teammates. If your teammates don't provide a good 'leash' (drawing the attention of the jungle monster away from you) then you are going to lose a lot of health and struggle to complete your first clear. If the enemy team opts for 2 top instead of a jungler and your top laner can't hold the lane that is also going to make things much harder.

vortical42

07-23-2014

One other thing to help you in the jungle. Kill the small creeps first, especially if you play someone like Warwick who lacks AoE damage. It seems counter intuitive, but the small creeps deal about 75% of the damage of the big monster with about 50% of the health. Dead critters do no damage; by clearing on the small creeps first you take much less total damage while clearing the camp.

Melvear

07-23-2014

My current go to champion for the jungle is Trundle, and I feel he may be of some help regarding your problems in the jungle.
Now, I'm level 30 with plenty of rune options and masteries, but currently I buy 1, sometimes 2 potions along with machete and I never get low hp. I'm guessing that with some tier 1 runes (they are cheap, worth getting. don't buy tier 2 though) of lifesteal quints (or attack speed), AS or damage marks, armor seals and whatever you have for glyphs, along with 5 pots, you should be able to stay in good shape. Trundle's passive helps to keep you up, and frozen domain increases any and all healing on you by a %, including gains from lifesteal or potions.

2 other champions that jungle very easily in terms of sustaining their hp are Nunu and Warwick. I feel both are weaker picks compared to Trundle, but they can work and have their place.

Whatever you do, focus 1 creep at a time. don't cast abilities on one and auto attack another. Pick up the defensive masteries that are made for junglers (far right of the def tree) first, before investing in offensive ones. Being very specific masteries that don't affect other players, they are quite potent.

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-24-2014

Ive been trying Master Yi and ive gotten passed where I'd die to monsters and come out of the jungle with health to look for a gank. But i geuss its my teammates fault put when ive tried all the lanes are pushed, should i keep farming jg camps, or like try to gank still?

Melvear

07-24-2014

There'S 2 things you can do if all your lanes are pushed:
1- look where the enemy jungler would gank and go there.
2- Keep farming.

vortical42

07-24-2014

Quote:
Melvear:
There'S 2 things you can do if all your lanes are pushed:
1- look where the enemy jungler would gank and go there.
2- Keep farming.

There is a third option as well but it requires good coordination with your teamates. If a side lane is pushed far enough that the enemy looses vision of the bushes you can try to sneak into the side brush. As long as you don't get spotted by a ward, a gank from here can catch enemies completely off guard. The key thing is making sure your team know what you are doing and how to react.

One other thing. Master YI is really tough to gank with unless you have a team with a lot of crowd control. If you want to play that 'carry' style of jungle, Xin, Nocturne, Vi, and Aatrox are all good options with much better ganking tools. If you really want to stick with Yi, your best bet is to focus on farming.

XxBLACKxTIGERxX

Master Recruiter

07-24-2014

Yea, from watching the LCS I see those side bush ganks which I tried to do but they were hugging turret. Well, ill take your comments and see how it goes next time I jungle. Thanks, and ill be sure to ask some other questions that come to my mind.

-- Off on a different subject though, what is the best way to grind XP's to get to lvl 30?

Thanks again