Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why does leaving champion select count as Leave?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celetial

01-25-2011

I've lost 40 elo for client crashes at Champion Select, it is lame to start with, especially now I have to win 4 matches instead of 2 to get those elo back.

Elo loss aside, I don't get the point why we can't dodge a match that is horribly picked by teammates who do not want to cooperate ever since the champion select phrase. For example, when the other team picks Karthus, Vlad, Kassadin, and Nasus first, my team goes on to pick TF, Teemo, Veigar, caitlyn and asks me to pick a tank....Now....my reaction is, ok...none of you is even gonna survive the fight regardless of whether I tank or not.

I know that I will lose the match within 25 min. It is not for the reason that these champions cannot possibly stack to own the other team but the fact that people who pick like that probably don't give a **** about the match at all. Their skill level is questionable since they are not even aware of how dangerous the other team is going to be. Evidently, most of those players claim that they only pick because they want to and everyone else should stfu. So, why are we forced to play ranked games with people who seem to want to play alone?

With leaverbuster, we can't leave these games, because if we leave too many games, we become the bad guys in the system. But is there a point to play with people who makes every ranked match a blind pick game and always manages to not pick a jungle, tank, or disable?

Redenbacher

01-25-2011

Perhaps there should be a voting system where majority of a team can vote to end the queue. I have to imagine if you said you're not playing a tank with that team, the other four would want to restart the queue as well.

Retroromanic

01-25-2011

Quote:
Redenbacher:
Perhaps there should be a voting system where majority of a team can vote to end the queue. I have to imagine if you said you're not playing a tank with that team, the other four would want to restart the queue as well.

I approve, but I am quite sure it would take more than couple of fails to get the game going, which means more time wasted out of game.

Kvoth3

01-25-2011

Yeah I got my first and only leave when my masteries screen froze my game, and I que-dodged at that point because I didn't think it would be fair to handicap my team with a guy who had no masteries and the wrong rune page.

I agree that they need to confront this issue concerning ranked gameplay and ELO.

Eppa

01-25-2011

I can see what team wins maybe 30% of the time before the match starts at 1600 elo. This means that:
30% will get Q dodged at least.
I have played when there were no ranked games maybe 50% of the games was Q dodged. With the long time it takes to get a ranked game, go through picks. you will have a 1/3 of chance you will have to do it AGAIN.

Losing at picks is a part of the game. If you don't want to lose elo/get leave then play normal/practice games.

I have had client issues but the problem is the client not the way ranked games work.

Celetial

01-25-2011

Not really, they would be just..."we screwed" "**** you, xxxx" making it all your fault. It's kinda hopeless.

I mean, I can understand, no leaving games because leaver ruins games. But...if we know that this is not gonna work out at Champion Select, there is no reason for us to play with these guys.

Besides, the current elo system makes it so that 1250 first win people sometimes get to be the captain and they will ban trynd and kass and leave rammus+panth alone. It makes this situation even worse. In the end, the other team's panth is gonna have an easy godlike game.

I think they have to take the number of ranked games played into account for sure. I have had several games where some 5~30 game win people got matched with 500 win people. They are not very good but usually know how to pick after playing 1000 games.

Exhausted

01-25-2011

take down my ELO
but don't touch my leaves count

effective solution for leaving at champ select.

Warrrrax

01-25-2011

I agree. In fact, I had no clue that is how Ranked operates. The amazing tutorial in LoL didn't seem to cover that part...

I thought it counted as a Loss, which seems legitimate. But a Leave is ridiculous.

Blink Winkel

01-25-2011

Quote:
Warrrrax:
I agree. In fact, I had no clue that is how Ranked operates. The amazing tutorial in LoL didn't seem to cover that part...

I thought it counted as a Loss, which seems legitimate. But a Leave is ridiculous.

agreed.

Addison16

01-25-2011

The server has been messing up lately. I've suffered two leaves this past week cause of que freezing up. I have 10 leaves total out of like 500 games and about 6 of those are from que. I personally think it's complete bs that I should have to lose double the elo and be marked for a leave over server instability.

If someone leaves one ranked game que then make them wait for 25 minutes before they can try again. If they leave more than once in a day or two, then make them wait 25 min plus the leave and lose. Make the system hurt the ones that abuse it, but do not **** over the ones that play by the rules most of the time. Sadly though this idea will not be considered by the Riot staff cause some high elo ranked games are won or lost in que, so this would be able to be abused. If one day champions are more evenly balanced then we may be able to see less strict rules on que leaving (like the one stated above).