Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When can we nerf Fizz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Romantic Metro

07-22-2014

These are not the nerfs you are looking for. Just kidding I'm sure most are pretty happy with it. I've had other ideas of how to make him more accessible, but he still keeps his burst combo so it's not over for him. I'll still play him. This makes bot laning with him probably the trickiest aspect.

Malah

07-22-2014

Quote:
SylianEUW:
that'd mess with SR/TT/HA players as well.

I really don't care about messing with SR/TT/HA players given that half the champions on this map play nothing like their counterparts elsewhere due to ambient CDR levels, let alone differing power curves, playstyle alterations, etc.

Romantic Metro

07-22-2014

Quote:
Malah:
I really don't care about messing with SR/TT/HA players given that half the champions on this map play nothing like their counterparts elsewhere due to ambient CDR levels, let alone differing power curves, playstyle alterations, etc.

Both sides of the argument i can agree with. On one hand messing with the feel of a champ to much can lead to people feeling bad about playing the mode itself. It doesn't garner trust that's for sure. On the other hand power curves and the entire way the map is played already differentiates the different powers in each game mode. Early game champs in TT, and Sustain/Poke comps in ARAM (not exclusive but probably the most notable annoying comp to go against.) So altering map balance on specific champs isn't really wrong either.

In Fizz's specific case this may have been the most resolute outcome. On SR he doesn't prioritize cdr as much due to blue buff and the fact he needs some better mana sustain on there (hence lichbane/sheen rushes make more sense.) Here where cdr is much more accessible to get faster and the fact you can scale faster into the game with levels, a map aura, and the health relics for mana means he doesn't need to rush mana sustaining items as badly. A cdr nerf is not the worse fate for the fish.

molokodude

07-22-2014

Greetings from my really bad phone that took 10 minutes to log in so I can reply to this. On behalf of multiple everyone, pleasejoin me in song"na na na na,nanana na hey hey hey, goodbye"

Malah

07-22-2014

Quote:
Romantic Metro:
On one hand messing with the feel of a champ to much can lead to people feeling bad about playing the mode itself. It doesn't garner trust that's for sure.

Map nerfs are given to champions who are grossly overpowered - judging by the amount of people who spam them, I sincerely doubt people feel bad about their experiences on those champions.

Trusting Riot? I thought even SR players grew out of that; when did they regress?

Romantic Metro

07-22-2014

Quote:
Malah:
Map nerfs are given to champions who are grossly overpowered - judging by the amount of people who spam them, I sincerely doubt people feel bad about their experiences on those champions.

Trusting Riot? I thought even SR players grew out of that; when did they regress?

That's your cynicism talking. I agree on the fact that champs like fizz were grossly OP and needed to be smacked down a bit. Especially more so on dominion because the challenges that are suppose to be expressed are easily fixed on dom than they are on SR. Very similar with regards to LB, Kassadin, and other assassins.

Kholdstare13

07-23-2014

I'm all for the Fizz nerfs, but really upset that AP Trist is constantly a casualty of all DFG/BFT nerfs aimed at other champions. Can we just give her self-only magic damage amp on E? Or increase her ult back to 2.0? Or even SCALE the ult ratio based on how close she is from 1.5 MAX range to 2.0 point blank? Something?

wolferer

07-23-2014

AP Trist is perfectly viable, and people are way overreacting to the BFT nerfs.

FDru

07-23-2014

AP Trist is an abomination that doesn't deserve to exist. Like AD Malz.

Koravel

07-23-2014

Yes lets kill all the off-builds, lol.

AD Malz can be countered by a lot of things, you just have to kill the minions instead of letting them run around free. Lucian destroys him, for one.

And there is nothing at all wrong with AP Trist.

Dru's just mad she utterly counters Fiddles. :P