Tanky Teams...

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dirty Foot

01-24-2011

I know everyone keeps saying that the meta shifted and all...

But it didn't.

I can stack a team of all DPS, all heals/support, or all casters; but it will never have the same debilitating effect that a team of 4-5 tanks has on a game. Am I alone in this? Seriously? Does no one else see that this crappy-ass meta still thrives? I mean, I don't want to be a whiny-titty-baby, but I don't want to absolutely have to play a tank with 3-4 other people to guarantee a win. I like strategy to play at least a minuscule part in the game. Maybe throw in a little skill. Right now, this is boring and infuriating.

I like playing things other than tanks. Could we please stop rewarding the alpha males?

Yeah, yeah. Down vote me. I'm starting to think I'm the only person that wants to play something aside from Mord, Garen, Rammus, and Mundo. I don't care what anyone says, our tanks do too much damage for how much mitigation they have. It's like Riot is catching whatever the hell Blizzard caught when they decided all the tanks in WoW should do more damage than the DPS (which happened, and it was downright ****ing stupid).

This is getting out of hand.

Cohkane

01-24-2011

It didn't help that they released Renekton, a tank dps. No, the heal meta and aoe meta were based on abilities and one or two items. Now its base health and easily obtained beef items. The squishy has to play better and smarter than the tanky champion to win.

The optimal team comp is ranged DPS, one pure tank disabler, and three tanky dps. Anything that strays from that is either going to fail or is vladimir.

Daddy December

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohkane View Post
...or is vladimir.
i lol'd

not because of vlads ability, just that he threw it in there

Wvlf

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy December View Post
i lol'd

i lol'd cuz its true about the vlad part.

Dirty Foot

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy December View Post
i lol'd

But it's true.

I mean, we're constantly scrambling for balance in the game, but we're really doing nothing to hit the tanks where they hurt. Riot's response to nerfing tanky DPS? They removed Locket, and nerfed Garen, Gragas, and Udyr. Then they rebuffed Garen and Udyr almost completely back to where they were. Gragas, ironically the only one not rebuffed, was the only champ that didn't need a nerf in the first place; he just needed to have Locket taken away, and it was.

Then there's the fact that all the other tanky DPS remained untouched, ranged DPS took major hits, and then the support got nerfed. Who's left standing? The tanky DPS and the casters (who needed a buff anyways).

I'm just incredibly confused. Why is it that tank champs do the same damage as other DPS/caster champs, but they get the added benefit of increased mitigation per level? There is just no going toe-to-toe with them, but you can't ignore them because they ****ing hurt, like, a lot. With a team of all tanks, there's simply no winning the war of attrition. They're built to last over time, and their damage is proportionate to everyone else during the first 10 levels. So what do you do? Group up and push where they aren't at? That would work if they weren't grouped up and BDing your unguarded turret at level 8. Have fun wading through minions fast enough to beat them in the turret race. It's stupid. Either lower their DPS, or lower their mitigation. Tanks should not get the best of both worlds.

I know, I'm raging, but this is stupid. What was the nerf that Rammus got? Oh that's right--his taunt cool down was increased by 3 seconds. Good thing that's his only skill that makes him so strong. Balanced now, for sure.

Eliras

01-24-2011

v

Phoenix7786

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

I play Taric and Singed, so no tanky DPS for me.

Dirty Foot

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix7786 View Post
I play Taric and Singed, so no tanky DPS for me.
You don't feel Singed does more damage than he really should? You know, what with him being a tank and all?

Edit: If you're gonna down vote me like ignorant space monkeys, at least do some research on your hip shot vote. Go compare Singed's poison trail with Anivia's Ult.

Introvert

01-24-2011

Xin Zhao Vs. Amumu.

Amumu killed me. I am just bad I guess.

Disaresta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
rebuffed Garen completely back
What?

1234511 ... 14