Can we talk about Cassiopea?

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Before I even start I know she's kinda the mascot for cheaters, and that sucks because Cassio is probably one the most fun champions to play and master. She's pretty outclassed these days by all the mobility that's getting introduced.

In fact Vel'Koz was a breathe of fresh air, simply because he had zero mobility and the lane turned into a rather interesting one, without you getting dived every 7 seconds. That air was soon crumbled by Braum who just steps on Cassio everytime. However I'm not going into this or this thread will turn into a Braum OP thread.

Cassio's main damage source is her E, but in order to get this out you need to hit your Q or W. Which is what makes her fun, if you can hit these you'll have a very fun and simple laning phase. I understand asking for buffs would make the cheaters happy, and nerfing her is just going to make her less played than she already is. Her win-rate is constant at a 50% mark, which isn't really terrible, but her pick rate is utter trash. On LoLking she's the 4th least picked champion on a monthly bases. Which is kind of sad, but this is simply because other champions can do what she does better, Syndra for example has a stun that does more damage and is more reliable and it's not in her ultimate slot.

Cassiopea is immobile, her only escape is to either blow a stunable ult and Q out of there or kill them, and with the current midlaners being chosen this is close to impossible because they either dodge your ult or catch you. She has very few issues besides the fact she will never be taken as a good pick because others do it better, she's also not seen as a hypercarry because her damage is lackluster lategame, some may disagree with this. But I feel as you have to waste item slots on defensive items so you don't get instagibbed by the Likes of Syndra, Fizz or Yasuo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolinar

Senior Member

07-14-2014

See, if you're playing Cass as immobile you're doing a bad job of itemizing her. Using the slow on her W, and the self-quickening on her Q, is important to fighting well with her. You harass until the moment comes that you will either kill your opponent outright, or you will trade with them... and then you go in for the finish.

You can't do that with a slow kit. Use items that repair move speed like twin shadows.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Zuhayr

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Braum is still OP though
You can't deny it


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necromancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolinar View Post
See, if you're playing Cass as immobile you're doing a bad job of itemizing her. Using the slow on her W, and the self-quickening on her Q, is important to fighting well with her. You harass until the moment comes that you will either kill your opponent outright, or you will trade with them... and then you go in for the finish.

You can't do that with a slow kit. Use items that repair move speed like twin shadows.
I meant immobile as in no gap closers/escapes, should have used no mobility.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chortlebrah

Senior Member

07-14-2014

With the right team comp she's super scary. Jungle Jarvan with her ult is so scary on a team if Jarv can lock in more than a few enemies with his ult.

She's very situational and has high risk with a somewhat mediocre reward.

Her champion design is so badass though :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolinar

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I meant immboile as in no gap closers/escapes, should have used no mobility.
Cass is OLD power. Her moves hit harder and cost less than most.
You have be able to work well with that raw power if you want to play the Serpent's Embrace. Sometimes that means, a head-on approach is the wrong answer. Ever thought of catching your opponents off guard somehow?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

daikiry

Senior Member

07-14-2014

she has one if the highest dps in the game, she can easily get first blood at lv 2 if she takes ignite.

she caughts an apc/adc late game with ulti, the stun is enough to kill them coz even if they flash poison will kill 'em.

the only dmg item she needs is lyandris torment.

she's outclassed, unfortunately other champs design are waaay better than her, i'm not saying she sucks, i love her and is good to use a non fotm and still get good results. Unfortunately some buffs on her won't change that, she'll either be broken or still bad. In order to "fit" she needs to get some sort of rework or get something "extra" like that MS from Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamijou Touma

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolinar View Post
Cass is OLD power. Her moves hit harder and cost less than most.
You have be able to work well with that raw power if you want to play the Serpent's Embrace. Sometimes that means, a head-on approach is the wrong answer. Ever thought of catching your opponents off guard somehow?
the max range of cass' skill is 850 range, if an assassin really want to 100-0 you, they will 100-0 you , it's not like she has a 1000+ range waveclear or something that makes it hard to kill her once you are on her.

It's not about what you want at all, if I want to catch the opponent off guard I will use a champ that does that well like fiddlesticks or someone with long range. Saying "oh, just don't go with them head on" is stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolinar

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by daikiry View Post
she has one if the highest dps in the game, she can easily get first blood at lv 2 if she takes ignite.

she caughts an apc/adc late game with ulti, the stun is enough to kill them coz even if they flash poison will kill 'em.

the only dmg item she needs is lyandris torment.

she's outclassed, unfortunately other champs design are waaay better than her, i'm not saying she sucks, i love her and is good to use a non fotm and still get good results. Unfortunately some buffs on her won't change that, she'll either be broken or still bad. In order to "fit" she needs to get some sort of rework or get something "extra" like that MS from Q.
Cass is just fine. In this kill-happy meta, people only think in comboes and finishes, but Cass has more going for her than most. She has a damage efficiency that hasn't been seen in years, and it's essentially impossible to stop her from getting enough gold to be a threat; she will always be able to kill, no matter how far behind she falls. Further, she doesn't fall off - rather her abilities only become more and more powerful into the lategame.

What she lacks in kit mechanics, she makes up for in overall statistical design. A player who only thinks in gap-closers and stuns will never see what kills them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tolinar

Senior Member

07-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Dora View Post
the max range of cass' skill is 850 range, if an assassin really want to 100-0 you, they will 100-0 you , it's not like she has a 1000+ range waveclear or something that makes it hard to kill her once you are on her.

It's not about what you want at all, if I want to catch the opponent off guard I will use a champ that does that well like fiddlesticks or someone with long range. Saying "oh, just don't go with them head on" is stupid.
=D You are mistaken.

1. Cass's maximum range is 975.
2. You can't stop a Cass from farming if she wants to farm. Miasma will wipe the minions and you won't even touch her.
3. A player who just thinks about how to win head-on, will lose against a Cass player - who will simply avoid the fight and focus on her team contribution.


12345 ... 6