An online bot that gives u a link

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

andstermc

07-20-2014

I have just experienced a friend request from a random bot whos name was "LoLAcademyCoach". As soon as I added the bot it sent me a link to a website, I didn't click it for safety reasons. I then typed to the bot who are you. it then replied: (some symbols) "I AM A BOT GOD DAMNIT" and said he doesn't understand what I said. It also said the "player" Was level 1337 or something I cant remember and the league he was in was challenger and it said it was soloqueue. I then proceded to check the user profile and saw it was lvl 1 and had no game experience. I do not know what the bot was doing or what it could've done but any feedback about what it was would be helpful.

RasCaelestis

07-20-2014

I got friend requests earlier from LoLAcademyLoL and another name with LoLAcademy-something (don't remember exactly). I did not accept them, but did look them up. Both were level 1 accounts with 0 games played. It confused me, but I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one that saw something like this.

Glaedr

07-20-2014

ye i got one from dude name LoLAcademySwag
dude nice

Sexiest Talon NA

07-20-2014

its apparently an elo boosting site.

prob just trying to get your account info though

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-20-2014

I got a friend request from one of those too.

I should probably send in a support ticket. I don't care too much for scammers pestering me in client, and Riot likely feels the same.