Jungling Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobyGomez

01-15-2010

I've mostly been playing mages the entire time and decided to start playing a melee char. I decided to try out Jax. I was wondering, could you jungle with Jax? Could anyone give me tips on what to do? I've never jungled before, and I don't see any guides on jungling with him.

Thank you.

zoau

01-15-2010

y he can jungle. but its not good to do from lvl 1/ alone. either get help of a mate to kill a buff monster or wait 5 minutes, buy madreds and vampiric scepter and tzhen its no problem. check out the nunu/warwick guides flying around. its pretty much the same procedure with any melee hero i guess. but pls dont get rally and smite, it says gank me at ancient.

NoobyGomez

01-15-2010

Thanks for the help. Do you know what move would be best to jungle with? Would counterstrike be the best?

zoau

01-15-2010

counterstrike sounds good for the dodge chance. however try this a couple of times in practice mode just to see how soon you can jungle and what items suit that. be good and write us something about your research afterwards. thx

NoobyGomez

01-15-2010

I actually don't have enough IP for Jax yet. I just wanted to learn a little bit about him before. I'm getting close though. Only 500 more IP. I'll probably be able to get him today. I'll try posting what I see from practice games when I try them out.

Thanks.

Necrax

01-15-2010

jax can jungle very well but it's not as easy going at level 1 as with others.

that being said. you need counterstrike if you want to start jungling at 1 and a couple HP pots you use during fighting. any other skill is useless. also, get the big minions of each camp first so the lesser ones proc your counterstrike more often. best bet is to get the cloth armor first so you can finish the tabi quickly and get hit a little less hard. just try around a little. armor pen and health regen runes help a bit as well.
without rally you won't kill lizard/golem at level 1 (all by yourself that is). since rally is good for team fights later anyway, there's no big "gank me at ancient"-sign when taking it imho. i never get smite with jax.

this is even less a problem as i don't start jungling at level 1 usually.

Slide

01-15-2010

Jungling is a bit of a mess right now. The Golem and Lizard spawn later then anything else and up till now, most succesful jungling guides had you do one of them first so the buff helped you jungle.

Since this isnt the case anymore, all jungl;ing theories are a little up in the air right now.