AP Sion Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenova

01-15-2010

Heya i just bought Sion and been using a Tank/DPS Hybrid build and for the most part its been working pretty good.

But i've been hearing about this imba AP build for Sion and i'm eager to know what it is, and how it works. None of the guides i check have AP builds.

Could someone show me the skill build + summoner spells reccomended + item build up + play style?

Cheers

Xenova

01-15-2010

bumpity

wildfire393

01-15-2010

The way that the AP build works is this: Your Stun and Shield both get 1:1 AP ratios (for the shield, you get it on both the damage and the damage absorption). Generally the item build is something like:

1) Amp Tome + Heal Pot
2) Mejais + Basic Boots
3) Rod of Ages + Sorc Boots
4) Lich Bane
5) Zhonya's Ring
6) (if you ever get this far) Either Rylai's for HP/AP + slow on your shield, Void Staff if they're stacking MR, Abyssal if they're not.

Skill-wise, focus on your Stun and Shield, picking up Enrage variously throughout to keep your HP high (when you farm an entire wave of creeps with your shield at +3 HP a creep, it really helps). The ult can pretty much be skipped, though consider taking a level of it to heal up off of creeps if you need to.

Stun + Lichbane + Shield Explosion = 3x AP in Damage, plus the base damages from all of those things, which can kill a lot of people, making Mejai's stacking simple. Between Enrage and your buffed shield you're still plenty tank-y.

Xenova

01-15-2010

Thanks!

DrWes

01-15-2010

My build is :

- Saphyr + pots
- Sheen
- Boots
- Mejai
- Sheen>Lichbane
- Zhonya's ring
- Void staff/deathfire grasp.

AP Sion require a lot of mp/5 runes.