[Guide] AP JAX

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

I'm not going to take credit for this since I blatantly ripped it off PPXPanda. I saw him use it once and he did ok so I thought I'd try it being completely new to jax and i went 18-3 so either i got lucky and am a natural at jax + was against noobs or this build worked.

I didn't stack any runes or anything, my runes are just a jumble of random tier 3s so if u wanna go the extra mile and stack AP/dodge runes be my guest.

mastery:
offense
deadliness archmage's savvy
3/3 ------------ 3/3

Sorcery --------------------- alacrity
4/4 -------------------------- 4/4
Archaic knowledge -------- sunder
1/1 --------------------------- 3/3
brute force
3/3
havoc
1/1

utility
good hands -----perseverance
1/3 ------------------- 3/3
awareness
4/4

lol it's not even that great of a mastery build. i like the lower tier utilities a lot but it would probably make more sense to try to get into defense a little for the dodge, but i would keep perseverance there because its really good.

Items
Regrowth pendant
Ninja tabai
Mejai soulstealer
rylai's scepter
abyssal scepter

i didn't get this but also good items to consider, rod of ages, nashor's tooth, lich bane.

skill order

leap
counter
leap
counter
leap
ult
leap
counter
leap
counter
ult
counter
staff
staff
staff
ult
staff
staff

EARLY GAME
LAST HIT CREEPS
DON'T DIE
UTILIZE BRUSH TO AMBUSH PEOPLE

MID GAME
you should have boots and on your way to soulstealer
continue getting creep kills and killing anyone in your way

LATE GAME
you should have ridiculous AP and be able to faceroll enemy champions.

stevesteve

08-13-2009

This always seemed like it would work but every single time I have seen someone try it; they fail miserably. especially compared with the either tank or attack power jax they normally play.

iPredicted

Adjudicator

08-13-2009

I completely dissagree with this.
First of all, screw his leap, leap is irrelevant, lane up with ryze/eve/morgana or any single target disabler, level up your Q first and E after, fully charge up your Q and hit people at lvl one for half their health (exaggeration but you get my point) a couple of hits with it will either get you a kill or get them out of the lane.

For items you should get the 300 gold armor and 5 hp pots, use hp regen runes so you can ignore the pendant, you should build the armor into dodge boots.
Then you just stack nashor's tooth, it is extremely good, and gives you a lot of attack speed and 420 ability power.

The 1:1 scaling makes the build extremely good because of how easily you get his ult off both early mid and lategame.

BigDaddyYur

08-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicted View Post
I completely dissagree with this.
First of all, screw his leap, leap is irrelevant, lane up with ryze/eve/morgana or any single target disabler, level up your Q first and E after, fully charge up your Q and hit people at lvl one for half their health (exaggeration but you get my point) a couple of hits with it will either get you a kill or get them out of the lane.

For items you should get the 300 gold armor and 5 hp pots, use hp regen runes so you can ignore the pendant, you should build the armor into dodge boots.
Then you just stack nashor's tooth, it is extremely good, and gives you a lot of attack speed and 420 ability power.

The 1:1 scaling makes the build extremely good because of how easily you get his ult off both early mid and lategame.

Your post makes no sense: You said you completely disagree with this, but then say you agree with the build.

Zoobi

08-13-2009

Like the guide, the same stuff I'm using. Although I tend to max Counter Strike earlier due to it adding quite a bit of survivability and a stun.

Rageweaver

08-13-2009

I've been playing Jax as both AP and normally and i'd just like to disagree with taking any points in utility. My own build is 21/9/0. 9 in defense gives you:

1 Mender's Faith
3 Hardiness
4 Evasion
1 Nimbleness

The first three add to his survivability, whilst the combination of the last 2 mean that your dodge will happen more often, allowing you to use your E ability more often and making you move faster when you dodge (and you'll be doing that a LOT)

knav

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2009

I was under the impression that Q spell isn't affected by AP? Or is that simply because the tooltip doesn't show it?

Rageweaver

08-13-2009

q is not affected by AP. The other three are.

bountardos

08-13-2009

Q is not affected, but might aswell use it's early game advantage.

rambo

Adjudicator

08-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageweaver View Post
I've been playing Jax as both AP and normally and i'd just like to disagree with taking any points in utility. My own build is 21/9/0. 9 in defense gives you:

1 Mender's Faith
3 Hardiness
4 Evasion
1 Nimbleness

The first three add to his survivability, whilst the combination of the last 2 mean that your dodge will happen more often, allowing you to use your E ability more often and making you move faster when you dodge (and you'll be doing that a LOT)
like i said, it's probably better to put into defense for dodging i just like the regen and exp bonus in utility because i suck.

also, i used boost and flash but everyone has their own preferences.