Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Ice Fortress of the Avarosan (Ask Queen Ashe)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freAK47

07-20-2014

Jake sighed, rubbing his face. "It is a long story...About 5 years ago....I'm not sure how, my memory fails me, but I was...created i guess I should call it. I was a minion."He smiled, waiting for the normal response. "I woke up for the first time, thinking for myself for once. Over the next few years, I traveled around Valoran as a mercenary, learning all I could of Valoran. About 3 years ago is when everything changed."

He looked to the floor, lost in his won memorry. "Whatever magic...created me, left a seed of itself inside me. I could use it to animate my surroundings to fight for me. As I was saying, 3 years ago the League sent me a request to participate in a program, an experiment, to create mini-champions for League matches. After they gathered all the data they needed, they unleashed Pantheon on us. He defeated us quickly and we were thrown in a cell in a facility near the Institute." His shoulders shook as he was lost in his own memory.
"I..my magic...got out of control, unleashed like nothing it had ever done before. It...changed them all..."HE looked back at Ashe, an old haunting pain in his eyes. "My magic attached itself to the minions in the facility. They came alive. Like me. They asked for..for freedom. To be let out of their cages."

Fae Lulu

07-20-2014

Randomly in a puff of purple smoke, Lulu would magically appear on Ashe's head, eating a popsicle. She seemed rather confused after realizing she wasn't back in her room anymore.

"*lick*...Wh....oh no. It happened again!" Lulu exclaimed as she looked around. Instantly she shivered from the cold Freljord air, and the fact she was eating a popsicle, "Brr, cold. Shoulda brought a different hat."

Ask Starchild

07-21-2014

Soraka entered the city of Rakelstake, and after asking locals for directions, made her way to the Royal Hall to seek out Ashe. She walked with a peaceful grace, lightly carrying her distinctive staff alongside her off the ground. She did not dress warmly for the bitter cold of the Freljiod, only wearing a light cloak and hood over her regular attire to protect against snowfall. It would be a mystery how she kept herself warm if she did not have a very faint orange hue glowing from the visible skin of her body, suggesting that she was protecting herself from the cold magically.

She found her way to the hall with little incident, and approached the guard at Ashe's door. "I wish to speak with Queen Ashe, and offer my services. Will you grant me entry?" she asked with a polite smile, in a patient tone.

Queen of Focus

07-21-2014

Today had been the hardest day in a while. Ashe was exhausted from physical training and the report on exotic foods Freljord was currently trading Ionia valuable metals for had eaten a ton of time. The list was quite lengthy, actually and many of them she had not heard of, lengthening it further by making her have the need to cross reference. Regardless, Ashe, barely awake, meandered to the mail room, it being her duty to check it each day for Ask Champion letters. It was dark, a moonless night tonight, the stars twinkled brighter than ever. As she arrived at the mail room, she began to slowly sort letters, looking for ones addressed to herself. There were not many left at this great hour. She was glad, it made the task easier. Not very long into sorting, she found she was actually done, there were no letters for herself. She found this a bit comedic, but was too tired to laugh. She made her way back to her room, being too tired to laugh again as even Halvar had gone to sleep, his room the opposite side of the Royal Hall as hers. Opening her door, she made way towards the closest pillow she saw, not bothering to change clothes or perform any tasks. Lying down and putting her head on it, she was asleep within seconds.
The 'pillow' she had chosen was merely a carpet pattern, but she was so tired it didn't matter.

Quote:
freAK47:
Jake sighed, rubbing his face. "It is a long story...About 5 years ago....I'm not sure how, my memory fails me, but I was...created i guess I should call it. I was a minion."He smiled, waiting for the normal response. "I woke up for the first time, thinking for myself for once. Over the next few years, I traveled around Valoran as a mercenary, learning all I could of Valoran. About 3 years ago is when everything changed."

He looked to the floor, lost in his won memorry. "Whatever magic...created me, left a seed of itself inside me. I could use it to animate my surroundings to fight for me. As I was saying, 3 years ago the League sent me a request to participate in a program, an experiment, to create mini-champions for League matches. After they gathered all the data they needed, they unleashed Pantheon on us. He defeated us quickly and we were thrown in a cell in a facility near the Institute." His shoulders shook as he was lost in his own memory.

"I..my magic...got out of control, unleashed like nothing it had ever done before. It...changed them all..."HE looked back at Ashe, an old haunting pain in his eyes. "My magic attached itself to the minions in the facility. They came alive. Like me. They asked for..for freedom. To be let out of their cages."

Ashe's expression was now outright able to be described as impressed at the situation's developments, despite her best efforts to mostly conceal emotions in a diplomatic conversation such as this. "Minions? Intelligent Minions?" There was an obvious amount of surprise in the tone. She thought to herself of the newfound delicacy of this situation as he spoke, as, if his race was indeed intelligent, which he quite clearly seemed to be, it could change a lot of things that were currently in place on such matters of minion summoning and personhood. She crossed her arms under her chest, setting a serious tone of conversation, "you understand just how extreme a dilemma this causes for me as far as political matters go?" The League already knew of these intelligent minions and, in fact, was the actual one hunting them it seemed. Informing the League of this matter directly seemed to be a no go, but defying the league…

She shook her head a bit, deep in thoughts of political reconciliation. Even just the scenario she had met them and not reported them to the League could be big trouble. What was she to do, though? These beings were obviously intelligent, capable of their own choices and created by magic they did not wish for or comprehend. She was puzzled. His eyes, though, they were filled with grief. This was someone in torment, someone in bonds attempting to escape.

Freedom is worth dying for.

Thinking onward in her internal struggle, this had been a private meeting after all and only her guard and herself had seen his true appearance. Helping him was the right thing to do, but could she safety do it without drawing her own people in? Probably. The League was hunting these people regardless, she need only deny ever meeting them. "After further thought, I can comply with your request on one condition and that is denying that we have ever spoken. The mountains continue to the northeast, becoming harder to navigate as you go. I am sure you can find a place there that would keep outsiders on the outside." These people deserved a chance at life and she would hand it to them.

Quote:
Fae Lulu:
Randomly in a puff of purple smoke, Lulu would magically appear on Ashe's head, eating a popsicle. She seemed rather confused after realizing she wasn't back in her room anymore.

"*lick*...Wh....oh no. It happened again!" Lulu exclaimed as she looked around. Instantly she shivered from the cold Freljord air, and the fact she was eating a popsicle, "Brr, cold. Shoulda brought a different hat."

Ashe was lying in bed reading by candlelight when Lulu puffed in on her head. Despite being in a night gown, she doubted Lulu would mind. She knew Lulu well from the fields, she was very silly and open-minded. As the yordle spoke, Ashe laughed a bit, lifting her off of her head down onto the bed beside her. "It's not cold to me, here," she said, taking the bedsheets off of herself and putting them on top of Lulu's own head. "How wonderful of you to drop by," she said, "even if a bit… spontaneous." She smiled at Lulu, her popping in so nonchalantly was a vey nice break from all the royal business. "What brings you here?"

Quote:
Ask Starchild:
Soraka entered the city of Rakelstake, and after asking locals for directions, made her way to the Royal Hall to seek out Ashe. She walked with a peaceful grace, lightly carrying her distinctive staff alongside her off the ground. She did not dress warmly for the bitter cold of the Freljiod, only wearing a light cloak and hood over her regular attire to protect against snowfall. It would be a mystery how she kept herself warm if she did not have a very faint orange hue glowing from the visible skin of her body, suggesting that she was protecting herself from the cold magically.

She found her way to the hall with little incident, and approached the guard at Ashe's door. "I wish to speak with Queen Ashe, and offer my services. Will you grant me entry?" she asked with a polite smile, in a patient tone.

Halvar (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4555) bowed towards Soraka slightly, recognizing her as the Starchild, a healer of Ionia. Her philanthropy work was renowned, as was her gentle, caring demeanor. There were few people he would allow into the Queen's quarters without asking questions and Soraka was one of them. "Of course," he said, an air of respect in his voice. Moving aside, he knocked on the door once, as was typical. He then called to Ashe, his respectful voice continuing. "There is a visitor here to see you, My Queen, it is Soraka." He nodded to her slowly, "it has been a busy day for the Queen, she may be a bit slow."

Ashe knew she was being slow, the gown, however, was being contrary. She was so flustered, an experienced Queen would be much faster with simple buttons. She needed to be presentable to someone as respectable as Soraka, however, a simple night gown would not have cut it. Finally after some frivolous button messing, she seemed presentable. "I am sorry for the wait," she called, walking towards her door. She opened it slowly, to indeed find Soraka standing outside with Halvar. She curtsied towards Soraka as a sign of respect, mostly having known her on the fields, they had never interacted much outside of them, so her impression could count quite a bit. She smiled at Soraka and spoke gracefully, determined to have a good first meeting "as you know, I am Queen Ashe. To what honor do I owe for your visit?"

freAK47

07-21-2014

Jake's whole body seemed to relax as he released a sigh of relief. "Thank you, your Majesty. I promise we will remember your kindness." He had caught her look though, and knew what sort of risk she was taking. He was more then a warrior or an ambassador. He understood politics, perhaps the best of all his people. "Your Majesty, if I am correct, the Leaders of the League know nothing of us. I doubt very much that they would do this to us. I believe it is an internal group of summoners, perhaps even the same ones from the experiment. I know of one personally and we have met several times."His hand seemed to unconsciously rub the left side of his lower chest. A handprint was burned into the armor and the skin there. "He will most likely come for us."

He looked Ashe in the eyes. "When he does I want you to tell him everything. I don't want anyone being put at risk because of us."

OdainMorll

07-21-2014

Ashe would receive a letter from the Institute of War, though the envelope wouldn't bare any decorations or insignias that Summoners would use.

Dear Queen Ashe, the Frost Archer and leader of the Avarosan

Your majesty, I hope that this letter gets to you at a good time, I would not want to disturb your likely very busy schedule with both your League work and leadership duties. I understand that you wish to unite the Freljord under a banner of peace and without needless bloodshed, however while I know this is what you intend for the land and populace as a whole, I want to ask about your code of conduct as an individual, do you have a strict honor code that you follow? If so what exactly does it entail? I do not mean to pry into anything too personal, so there is no need for a reply if you do not wish to. Nevertheless I happily await any response you can send.

with Kind Regards,

Verran Vincent (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4476), of the Institute of War

Fae Lulu

07-22-2014

Quote:
Queen of Focus:

Ashe was lying in bed reading by candlelight when Lulu puffed in on her head. Despite being in a night gown, she doubted Lulu would mind. She knew Lulu well from the fields, she was very silly and open-minded. As the yordle spoke, Ashe laughed a bit, lifting her off of her head down onto the bed beside her. "It's not cold to me, here," she said, taking the bedsheets off of herself and putting them on top of Lulu's own head. "How wonderful of you to drop by," she said, "even if a bit... spontaneous." She smiled at Lulu, her popping in so nonchalantly was a vey nice break from all the royal business. "What brings you here?"

Lulu giggled and waved to Ashe, "Hi Queen Ashe! I didn't mean to come by, but for some reason I keep poofing everywhere. And it's not Jake and Kevin this time...it's something else..."

Lulu returned to lick her popsicle...but her tongue got stuck to it when she tried, "ahh...halfppss pplesshhhs!" She turned to Ashe and tried to ask for help.

Ask the Radiant

07-22-2014

A gilded letter arrived for Ashe

Dear Queen of Freljord,

Hello Ashe. I would like to ask if I may pay you a friendly visit and when. I'm sending this letter to make sure I don't arrive at a time that is bad for you, or if you just can't meet me.

Sincerely,

Leona

Fae Lulu

07-22-2014

Meanwhile, unrelated to Lulu's visit, a cupcake would appear on Ashe's desk. The cupcake was frosted with every color of the rainbow, but arranged in a random pattern. Atop the cupcake was a lit candle, with a flame that would change color periodically till it was put out. Under the cupcake was a small letter not usual to Lulu's normal letters.

Ashe Cupcake.jpg

Queen of Focus

07-22-2014

Quote:
freAK47:
Jake's whole body seemed to relax as he released a sigh of relief. "Thank you, your Majesty. I promise we will remember your kindness." He had caught her look though, and knew what sort of risk she was taking. He was more then a warrior or an ambassador. He understood politics, perhaps the best of all his people. "Your Majesty, if I am correct, the Leaders of the League know nothing of us. I doubt very much that they would do this to us. I believe it is an internal group of summoners, perhaps even the same ones from the experiment. I know of one personally and we have met several times."His hand seemed to unconsciously rub the left side of his lower chest. A handprint was burned into the armor and the skin there. "He will most likely come for us."

He looked Ashe in the eyes. "When he does I want you to tell him everything. I don't want anyone being put at risk because of us."

Ashe nodded, listening intently. When he touched his wound, she made note of it, knowing it had been a magic user touching him with fire in their hands. She found it extremely intriguing however that it seemed to be a small group of Summoners doing such a thing without the League's permission. While the right thing to do would be to tell the League of this happening, it could turn very sour. What if these Summoners were in fact a special ops group from the League and by telling them, she led them right to these people? It was a common political tactic, using a small group in such a way. If they were found out and reported the League could simply hold its hands up, claiming it knew nothing these individuals were doing. It protected the League's reputation, keeping their hands clean while doing jobs some might consider immoral. Like this one.

She couldn't take the risk. She wouldn't tell the League. However, there were other ways of protection.

Her aura changed to one of comradeship, "I will tell him the information I know of a," she smiled wide, " 'strange cloaked man that came through recently'. It would seem a bunch of people matching that description have come through recently, though, so I won't be able to help him very well." She held out her hand in a handshake position, "I'll just have to do my best. I wish you fair travels, strange cloaked man that came through recently number… twenty six."

Quote:
Fae Lulu:
Lulu giggled and waved to Ashe, "Hi Queen Ashe! I didn't mean to come by, but for some reason I keep poofing everywhere. And it's not Jake and Kevin this time...it's something else..."

Lulu returned to lick her popsicle...but her tongue got stuck to it when she tried, "ahh...halfppss pplesshhhs!" She turned to Ashe and tried to ask for help.

"I see, how interest-" she was interrupted by her giggling at Lulu getting her tongue stuck. "Already in trouble, huh? Don't worry, I'll take care of you." She was being entertained by each moment of this. Picking Lulu up again, she carried her and the popsicle stuck to her tongue, of course, to the washroom portion of her quarters. She sat Lulu on the edge of the sink, turning on the hot water a bit. The water would quickly pour out, making steam as it hit the air, which was cool by normal standards even in her quarters. Most would not think you could get warm water in the Freljord, but Ashe had had the idea of harnessing some select hot springs of the mountain to get warm water to living spaces. Her people had warm water for baths, showers and sinks thanks to it, powered by gravity.

She cupped her hands and put them into the small water stream, wincing and pulling them away for a moment before putting them back in, letting them fill with water. "I'm not used to heat, that was quite hot," she said, moving her hands full of water to just over Lulu's tongue, "hold still for me now." Letting the water fall out of her hands, it would warm the popsicle and Lulu's tongue as it hit, freeing her from it… but it also slightly melted her popsicle.
Quote:
OdainMorll:
Verran Vincent

Having had a wonderful day, with some rumors of Tryndamere planning something big and "exciting", Ashe happily made her way to the mailroom. On time today. She had a noticeable bounce in her step as she retrieved her mail, seeing she had multiple letters today made her quite happy. Maybe news she had joined the Ask Program had circulated further! Regardless, she put her two letters on her desk, opening the one on top. It was from a man named Verran, from the Institute. His question was interesting and actually a bit hard to answer, as it was something she had never really thought about herself. Thinking for a minute in silence at her desk, she thought she finally had an acceptable reply. She put her pen to the paper and fashioned a response.

Quote:
Ask the Radiant:

Leona

The next letter was from… Leona! Ashe was very pleased, Leona was wanting to visit her. She had of course never talked to Leona outside a League match, so it would be extremely entertaining to do so. Leona was always kind on the fields, as well as brave. Replying, Ashe told her an appropriate time to visit and expressed her zeal at the notion.

Quote:
Fae Lulu:
Lulu

Lulu's letter and a cupcake would appear on her desk as she was writing the second letter, it startled her at first, but the amount of flamboyant color could only be Lulu's doing, so it would mean no harm. After she finished writing, she moved over to investigate, moving the cupcake from the letter. Her expression went to one of silly amusement, as it was not very close to her birthday at all. Eyeing the cupcake, she had to make the most important decision of the day. Moving her hands to her thighs, she patted them all over, feeling them. After several awkward seconds, she knew they were bigger than they were a few days ago. She needed to exercise more, she had been studying too much. Eating this cupcake would only make it worse. In spite of this, she eyed the cupcake, it changing colors somehow made it alluring. Sugarcane was also grown in warmer climates, so sugar needed to make cupcakes was unavailable to Freljord without import. On top of all this, it was a cupcake from Lulu, an expert on cupcakes.

She didn't know if she could hold back.

She looked around her room, though of course there was no one there at the time. Slowly moving her left hand to the cutter-tool to write a response and the other to take the cupcake and eat it, she mumbled to herself "The Freljord is doomed." She began her response, as well as eating the cupcake. Due to the importance of this matter, involving sweet, exotic foods and all and the fact it was silly little Lulu, she decided to use a royal letter, purely for entertainment. Royal letters were different in that you did not write them, but engraved on them with a cutting tool. They were also pre-signed. In a short while, the letter was done, as was the cupcake. She could swear her chest felt larger now, but it was probably her imagination.

Getting up from the desk with the three letters, she journeyed back to the mailroom, a bounce still in her step from getting exotic food such as cupcakes. Apparently it had not been her imagination either, as she could feel an unfamiliar bounce elsewhere as well. She smiled regardless, the cupcake had been very tasty, even if Lulu had perhaps inadvertently done something strange to it. Lulu wasn't one to harm others, but practical jokes seemed like something she would do. Dropping her letters off, she decided to go burn off some of these calories she had just obtained. Hurrying to her room to fetch her bow, she'd practice her aim.