Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Ice Fortress of the Avarosan (Ask Queen Ashe)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queen of Focus

07-18-2014

Quote:
Ask Quinn n Val:
Quinn

As the mail came in, Ashe took her share to her quarters for reading. The first piece was from Quinn, she was happy to see one was from her. They had met before and had quite friendly relations. She had enjoyed meeting Valor as well. Upon seeing the friendly subjects, she smiled, Quinn was a good friend. Picking up her pen from her desk, she fashioned a response.

Quote:
AskBloodHunter:
- WW

Moving on to other pieces, she saw this one was from Warwick. She was very curious to why he would write her, but upon seeing the contents of the letter, she realized why. This was obviously the more man side of Warwick that seemed to be asking her a sporting question of her marksman skills. At least, that's what she thought. As she had for Quinn, she wrote him a reply.

Quote:
Mystic Blue Fox:

Summoner Mystic Blue Fox

This one was interesting, it was from a Summoner currently in the Freljord. She slightly worried for them, offering help if they need it within her letter she was now writing.

Quote:
The Ball and Ori:
Orianna and Corin

Ashe looked at her last letter, it was from Orianna and Corin. It was quite a good question for those unaware of the Bow's magical properties. She greatly enjoyed using the bow of Avarosa herself anyhow. Getting to the second part about barbarians, she laughed a bit, making sure to reference it within the letter.

With all letters read and responded to, Ashe took them to the mail room herself, she was glad she had received so many letters so quickly, but hoped it did not get too much for her to handle alongside her other duties.

Quote:
freAK47:
(( Jake http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/739 ))

A clocked man would be seen approaching the steps to the Palace. He stood tall for a normal human, average for a barbarian, and he wore thick plate mail. He stood before the guard that stopped him and asked him his buisness. "My name is Jake. I am an ambassador for my people and have come to ask Queen Ashe about potential possibilities between our peoples." At first glance, he seemed human with an almost constrictive faceplate. But upon closer examination, his face under that faceplate didnt look human at all.

Halvar (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4555) didn't like the looks of this guy. He stopped him outside Ashe's chambers, Ashe herself having only shortly returned to them after participating in the Champion Ask Program mail she received today. This guy was big, had plate armor and something seemed off about him. Regardless, Halvar knocked on the door once and stated respectfully, "My Queen, there is an ambassador here named Jake who wishes to discuss terms of his people. He requests an audience." He bowed his head for a moment and then moved to stand a bit between Jake and the door. Planting himself not directly between them, he offered reasoning, "I do not recognize you, so as a precaution, the Queen will have to stand behind me. I hope that is alright."

Ashe was getting dressed into her formal clothes as fast as she could, but it wasn't easy. "I will be with you in a moment," she said, trying not to sound rushed. If she was going to meet an ambassador, she needed to wear her Queen's dress. She fiddled with it for some more odd moments. Finally, with it on, she came to the door and opened it, Halvar halfway in front of her, protective. She knew this was typical, he was very protective. Hoping the ambassador was not offended, she began, solemnly, "It is merely a precaution for my safety, we mean no offense. It is nice to meet you, Ambassador, of what do I owe the pleasure?"

PSYCOsanches589

07-18-2014

((Well the RP with the last ashe involved a sort of impromptu OC that had a crush on rayler so...yeah.))

freAK47

07-18-2014

Jake removed his helmet and bowed to the Queen, immeadiately showing to all around him how inhuman he was.

((image of his face http://www.atas.k12.ca.us/ausd/ahs/just-4-Fun2012/Dungeons_and_Dragons_races/images/Warforged_face.jpg ))

He smiled to the guard and the Queen. More then his appearence, his armor would look more used then some of her own soldier, nearly all the pieces having been replaced at some point, and the right side of the leather armor under his armor looked like it had at one point been burned..and..healed? It wasn't leather though, it was his skin. The armor seemed to ...grow from it. Jake smiled to the Queen. "Just Jake, your Majesty. I've never been a big fan of titles. Your Majesty, I've come to ask for your permission to settle a small town in the mountains here in Freljord." His face saddened losing his smile. "We were...born, as a race only a few years ago and we're being hunted. There's only 50 of us left now. All I would ask of you, your Majesty, is a small hidden valley that we could live in peace."

PSYCOsanches589

07-18-2014

((First question: Castle or tent?))

Power Of Syndra

07-19-2014

--- From the island Ionia, Kinkou region, temple of the sovereign Syndra ---

Dear Queen Ashe,

I am writing in an diplomatic concern as well with a personal question in mind.

I have visited the Freljord once in my life so far - when the Institude Of War tried to take my life and the Order Of Shadows revived my body in the old tombs of the Howling Abyss. We never really encountered each other during the time. As the Avarosa-tribe is in ally with the higher order of Ionia I am truely worried about our future relationship. As you may be aware, I am trying to conquer Valoran of which Freljord is part of. I am not really seeking to fortify my kindom in these icy mountains, I am more of a temperate climate person. Basically I would not change anything about your kindom.
But are you willing to submit and to be under my command without resistance in the future? Or will you stand up against me and willingly risk an inevitable defeat?

Aside from those boring political questions, do you mind me asking the following: I heard the rumors that your husband and you are just living a political relationship. Would you share the truth with me - which of course I would find out eventually without you anyways.

Also, can you tell me what is your favorite kind of mana cristal? I love to collect them.

Best regards,

your future ruler, Syndra

AskTheSteamGolem

07-19-2014

((I think we already got a Syndra. Lemme check. Yep, she posted two days ago.))

Krizonar

07-19-2014

Quote:
AskTheSteamGolem:
((I think we already got a Syndra. Lemme check.))

(We do, this Syndra doesn't RP here, but she is one of my best friends and wished to celebrate my thread opening. She helped me develop some of the ideas for this thread as well.)

AskTheSteamGolem

07-19-2014

((Oh, she roleplays in skype or something? Anyways this isn't my discussion, you deal with it, I?))

Queen of Focus

07-20-2014

Quote:
freAK47:
Jake removed his helmet and bowed to the Queen, immeadiately showing to all around him how inhuman he was.

((image of his face http://www.atas.k12.ca.us/ausd/ahs/j...orged_face.jpg (http://www.atas.k12.ca.us/ausd/ahs/just-4-Fun2012/Dungeons_and_Dragons_races/images/Warforged_face.jpg) ))

He smiled to the guard and the Queen. More then his appearence, his armor would look more used then some of her own soldier, nearly all the pieces having been replaced at some point, and the right side of the leather armor under his armor looked like it had at one point been burned..and..healed? It wasn't leather though, it was his skin. The armor seemed to ...grow from it. Jake smiled to the Queen. "Just Jake, your Majesty. I've never been a big fan of titles. Your Majesty, I've come to ask for your permission to settle a small town in the mountains here in Freljord." His face saddened losing his smile. "We were...born, as a race only a few years ago and we're being hunted. There's only 50 of us left now. All I would ask of you, your Majesty, is a small hidden valley that we could live in peace."

Startled a bit, but not outwardly showing it out of respect for the being, she smiled right back at him, her diplomatic skills being put to the test. Even Halvar seemed a bit tense now and that wasn't like him. She noticed how worn Jake's armor seemed, it looked like he had been in many tough battles. It was unfortunate looking all over. As he said they were being hunted, her look couldn't help but turn to a bit of shock, "hunted? Why are you being hunted?" She felt horrible as he mentioned their numbers. Only 50, these people had obviously been through a lot and something was being malevolent towards them. However, she mustn't give in to kind temptations so quickly, she had responsibilities. She would stave off her answer of permission to settle until she knew more about him and his people. Despite this, the look on her face, seemingly sorrowful for what he was going through, seemed to say she was on his side. "I need more specific information on you if I am to help you and have trust between our peoples," the words, dignified and practically bombarding him with empathy, "how could you be born as a race a few years ago? Were you created? I would of course need to know my neighbors."

Quote:
PSYCOsanches589:
((First question: Castle or tent?))

(I live in an ancient, magical fortress of ice and rock that was once carved into a mountain.)

Quote:
Power Of Syndra:

your future ruler, Syndra

It had been a long day, in fact, it was late into the night, the Freljord stars already sparkled against the drifting, thin fog of the white mountain tops. On her way to the mail room, very tired already, Ashe was sad she had had to neglect her mail for such a long time so shortly after joining the Ask program. Sorting through the leftover mail, she promised herself she would do better tomorrow. As she found no letters, she actually sighed in relief that she had not embarrassed herself on only the second day. Unfortunately, one of the last remaining letters was to herself and even worse, it bore the name of Syndra. Hurrying back to her study, suddenly more awake, she quickly opened the letter, reading its contents. She knew Syndra could be dangerous, so she needed to know her intent.

Reaching the end of the letter, Ashe crossed her arms on the desk over it and buried her face in them. How was she going to respond to this? Syndra wanted to turn Freljord into a figurehead under her rule. What would Avarosa have done, she thought to herself. The answer was clear, even if it could be potentially dangerous. She wasn't just a tribe member anymore, she was the Queen of the Freljord and she would not be bullied. Sitting back up with a look of determination, she grabbed her pen and began to write. She of course didn't wish to offend Syndra, just as she wished to offend no one, so she chose her words carefully, saying what Avarosa would do, but using it as only a hint on purpose.

Syndra had asked her other questions as well, ones of more personable nature. Was she not actually evil, just misunderstood? She thought hard as she wrote to the remaining parts. Mana crystals? Not being a mage, she would need to look up this subject later, surely there was a book on it and if it was related to a magic user as powerful as the Dark Sovereign, it was undoubtedly useful for her to know. Perhaps admitting she had no knowledge on a subject Syndra clearly did would help appease her and improve relations.

With the letter finished, Ashe, calmed down a bit, took her letter back to the mail room. It would be delivered in the morning. On the way back, she looked up into the sky, it seeming to beckon her gaze for some reason. Perhaps Avarosa was praising her for not giving in to her fear, but now the colored lights of the north danced in the sky. It had been too long since she had had a moment to look at something and not analyze it. She didn't need to read it. She didn't need to talk with it. She didn't need to sign it. She simply had to look. Simply standing, gazing at the multitudes of colored lights weave beauty amongst the stars, she smiled.

She knew she would do better tomorrow. She wasn't afraid to change the world anymore.

Quote:
AskTheSteamGolem:
((Oh, she roleplays in skype or something? Anyways this isn't my discussion, you deal with it, I?))

(Yes, she roleplays Syndra with myself over instant messaging.)

To Return to Syndra (of many souls).jpg

SovereignOfPower

07-20-2014

(( I am fine with Krizzle's friend RPing as Syndra. Hell, I bet he/she'll do a better job than I ever could in my life. ))