Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Ice Fortress of the Avarosan (Ask Queen Ashe)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Oblivion

10-01-2014

As the queen delivered her speech, Sigmund stared at her in wide-eyed astonishment, and Emily gave her a look that suggested she was currently re-assessing her opinion of the queen. When Halvar coughed and the queen apologized, Emily smiled and shook her head.

“There’s nothing to apologize for, my queen,” she replied. “It’s clearly something you feel passionate about, and something we deeply appreciate, in addition to your welcome. I don’t think we’ll be living too far into the forest, though. Just far enough outside the city’s limits that life is a bit more quiet.” She looked over at Sigmund and added, “I don’t think Sigmund wants to have to make a door every time we want to go somewhere.”

Sigmund shook his head. “I think I’d rather not. Sometimes it would be good just to walk into town.” He turned to Ashe and bowed. “Your majesty, your passion and openness are a credit to the kingdom you are building, and would make me proud to call you ‘my queen,’ and would make us very glad, perhaps someday, to also call you ‘our friend.’ If you happen to need something from us in the future, I’d hope you wouldn’t hesitate to ask us.”

He smiled. “Although, for now, you seem to be more in need of something to wet your throat and perhaps answers to whatever questions you might have about my affliction. Your interest and curiosity were relatively evident.”

Ask Quinn n Val

10-01-2014

Quote:
Queen of Focus:

Smiling, Ashe welcomed the question. Quinn had lost her footing a couple times due to the unfamiliar environment and also seemed a bit tired, so this would be a welcome distraction for them both as they descended. The stars were pretty bright and quite pretty, but the sky probably wasn't what Quinn was paying attention to. "Well, yes, we'd be distant cousins in technicality." Thinking about that, it didn't really bother her that much. After all, everyone was bound to be related to somebody at least a little bit. "But it's a lot of generations back," she continued. Her voice didn't seem annoyed by it, as really, it was not a question asked very often as there weren't that many outsiders interested in this sort of thing. "It'd be like you being related to Garen. Go far enough back and there is probably some point the families were close." Now it was Ashe's turn to be embarrassed, as that sounded like an odd thing to say. "That came out a bit odd, but you get the idea, right? We're all related far enough back, all family in some way." Ashe was aware of Demacia's separation of nobles and 'common' people, but even they must realize that as Demacians, they were more or less all related in some way.

The trip down was proceeding faster than the trip up had been, as going down a hill, you really needed to worry about going down too fast. It also wasn't taking as much energy to go down as it had up, but Quinn had been trekking and wasn't attempting to hide her tiredness. Ashe walked near her as they went down the mountain, both ready to help her and to be close for the conversation they were having.

Quinn nodded, "I guess I understand what you're saying." She thought for a bit. "I suppose if we weren't all related at some point in time not all of us would really be human huh? It's what makes us a species." She continued walking for some time before another thought popped into her head, smiling. "I can only hope I'm more closely related to you than Garen, we're a lot more alike in my opinion." She shrugged and kept going.

The ranger seemed fine the rest of the way down, slipping slightly a few times but always managing to catch herself before falling. "I really need to get used to walking on icy ground like this. If I'm going to be visiting the Freljord more often."

She looked around, barely able to see a thing due to the only light coming from the moon and the stars. She looked up, spotting Valor after a moment, "Well we're still going in the right direction at least." She chuckled.

Fae Lulu

10-02-2014

Quote:
Queen of Focus:

At this, Ashe held out her hand and in sloppy motions, began throwing nonexistent arrows at the bunnies to slow them. In her mind, they slowed down, but they might not have for Lulu, it would depend. “Consider them frosted,” she said, losing her balance from the half sitting up position and once again lying flat on her back against the floor. In her mind, ice was everywhere and the sound of Lulu running into the table and wall had been the ice hitting things. In reality, of course, none of that was there.

In Lulu's mind the bunnies did slow down, but Ashe was throwing magic that could only be described as ice versions of Nami's tidal waves. She giggled and tackled a bunny, which ended up with her just jumping onto the ground.

"Hehe...caught you Mr. Wiskers!" Lulu exclaimed as she hugged essentially herself. By now, at least in someone as big as Ashe, the Glade Berry effects should start to fade a little, giving her a little more logical control assuming she wasn't willingly giving into the Glade magic.

Queen of Focus

10-03-2014

Quote:
PSYCOsanches589:
"So, m'lady, do you ever have servants do anything for you? The only time I ever see anyone other than you around here is your metal monster of a man outside."

Simply shaking her head, Ashe smiled a bit at the proposition, she knew people would eventually notice she liked doing things for herself, preserving the freedom of each person. If someone had wanted to help her around the house they would be free to, but, she wouldn’t ask anyone. “Well, no,” she giggled a bit, “my policy for freedom wouldn’t look very convincing if I had servants, after all.”

Quote:
Bright Oblivion:
As the queen delivered her speech, Sigmund stared at her in wide-eyed astonishment, and Emily gave her a look that suggested she was currently re-assessing her opinion of the queen. When Halvar coughed and the queen apologized, Emily smiled and shook her head.

“There’s nothing to apologize for, my queen,” she replied. “It’s clearly something you feel passionate about, and something we deeply appreciate, in addition to your welcome. I don’t think we’ll be living too far into the forest, though. Just far enough outside the city’s limits that life is a bit more quiet.” She looked over at Sigmund and added, “I don’t think Sigmund wants to have to make a door every time we want to go somewhere.”

Sigmund shook his head. “I think I’d rather not. Sometimes it would be good just to walk into town.” He turned to Ashe and bowed. “Your majesty, your passion and openness are a credit to the kingdom you are building, and would make me proud to call you ‘my queen,’ and would make us very glad, perhaps someday, to also call you ‘our friend.’ If you happen to need something from us in the future, I’d hope you wouldn’t hesitate to ask us.”

He smiled. “Although, for now, you seem to be more in need of something to wet your throat and perhaps answers to whatever questions you might have about my affliction. Your interest and curiosity were relatively evident.”

Nodding her head as if honored by their words, she spoke softer than before, “Well this went rather well, as you seem like agreeable people. I suppose I am your Queen now, on the record.” It was obvious she had seen saying this as a bit odd, as it came out slowly. “Friendship is of course not out of the question either. As for me,” she coughed a bit, her throat dry from the cold, “I just am not used to talking to much, usually being in my room. I’ll be alright.” Their offer of friendship and help had also was a bit touching, causing her to smile. “If a small, quiet place outside of the city is where you want to live, well, Freljord is perfect for that style of living.” Hopefully this added tidbit caused them even more comfort.

“As for my questions about your condition… if Vayne of all people is alright with it, then that says loads. I trust Vayne, she’s visited before and we had a lovely conversation. If she trusts you on your condition, than so do I. Still, I would like to ask how it happened and for how long you have been this way,” she stopped for a minute, considering her words to try to not seem offending, “of course, if you feel like telling me. It is not required as you have the trust of Vayne, who has the trust of me. I ask it as a question only out of self interest, not based on my decision of if you shall live here. That has already been determined to be true.” Pausing afterwords, Ashe swallowed to wet her throat. She needed to talk to herself more often to keep her voice exercised it would seem. For political speeches, normally you had lots of time to prepare and they were only a minute or so.

Quote:
Ask Quinn n Val:
Quinn nodded, "I guess I understand what you're saying." She thought for a bit. "I suppose if we weren't all related at some point in time not all of us would really be human huh? It's what makes us a species." She continued walking for some time before another thought popped into her head, smiling. "I can only hope I'm more closely related to you than Garen, we're a lot more alike in my opinion." She shrugged and kept going.

The ranger seemed fine the rest of the way down, slipping slightly a few times but always managing to catch herself before falling. "I really need to get used to walking on icy ground like this. If I'm going to be visiting the Freljord more often."

She looked around, barely able to see a thing due to the only light coming from the moon and the stars. She looked up, spotting Valor after a moment, "Well we're still going in the right direction at least." She chuckled.

Ashe found that curious, as she liked Garen, she was sure the Demacians had their own likes and dislikes of other Demacians she was not privy to. Although she took the compliment even better due to her like of Garen. She chose to say nothing on the subject though, as it seemed Quinn wanted it dropped. Each time Quinn would slip, Ashe would look back, but she never fell, luckily for both. For having never walked on ice much, Ashe was surprised at her dexterity, as it was known to be quite difficult. “Visiting more often? Well I sure would enjoy that a lot.” she added calmly. “I sure would like to see you more often, you are good company.

At that, they continued and had reached the bottom, although the light was less bright, Valor could be seen, a beacon of the night to give them direction. “It would indeed be a bit harder without him and I even mostly know the terrain,” she added. Valor was quite nice looking against the night sky and she could definitely see the use he would have on a scouting mission. You might not be able to see in front of yourself at night such as this, but usually you could look up and see something against the stars. That made Valor really valuable, actually. The trip had been wonderful, even if it had only been for a few hours, it had been very exciting.

Quote:
Fae Lulu:
In Lulu's mind the bunnies did slow down, but Ashe was throwing magic that could only be described as ice versions of Nami's tidal waves. She giggled and tackled a bunny, which ended up with her just jumping onto the ground.

"Hehe...caught you Mr. Wiskers!" Lulu exclaimed as she hugged essentially herself. By now, at least in someone as big as Ashe, the Glade Berry effects should start to fade a little, giving her a little more logical control assuming she wasn't willingly giving into the Glade magic.

Ashe was indeed sort of coming to her senses, although all she managed to do was sit up with some difficulty. She could see Lulu hugging nothing, but the sensory input hadn’t made much of a difference, her brain still responding to Lulu’s suggestion. “Anything that moves I can hit,” she said as if sleepy, moving onto her hands and knees with difficulty but then falling onto her face softly as her arms bent out. She made a face of discomfort, but then laughed anyway.

PSYCOsanches589

10-03-2014

"Well, demacia is about justice and freedom, but even our prince has paid servants." he explained "Just because people do things for you because you asked doesn't make them slaves."

Bright Oblivion

10-04-2014

((Wee! I finally have electricity again! Thirty-six hours later! Woohoo!))

Emily grinned. "Then it sounds to me like you need to talk to more people on a regular basis and give that voice of yours more exercise. It would certainly be better than trying to talk to yourself." She leaned against Sigmund and looked up at him. "A place of our own. Somewhere quiet to live and eventually raise a family. That sounds..."

"Perfect," Sigmund finished, though there was perhaps something wistful in his voice, some hint of sadness. "Absolutely perfect." He wrapped his arm around Emily and turned his focus back to the queen and her questions. "Science," he answered simply. "A group of scientists wanted to find out how I'd react if they injected me with a werewolf's blood, given my unique abilities, and decided to do so. That was about..." He frowned, considering. "...five, six years ago?" He grimaced. "It...didn't end well for them."

He shook his head, as though trying to dismiss those memories. "As for how long I've been like this, unable to touch silver without getting burned and keeping the last bits of the transformation restrained in my head? That's only been for the last year, year and a half or so." He looked toward Emily, who gave a shrug.

"Something like that," she murmured. "It could have been as many as two, or even a little bit more. I wasn't exactly watching a calendar at the time."

Sigmund nodded agreement. "We did sort of have other things on our minds."

Krizonar

10-05-2014

(Last post. Unfortunately. But time is young, and so are we.)

It was late, with the sun leaving the sky early due to the change of the season. As Ashe walked by the city entrance, it made a stunning display of red and yellow across the sky, as well as on places of snow, such as mountain tops or that high in the pine trees of the surrounding area. The days were getting shorter, but no less beautiful, she thought to herself. Her land had always been beautiful. Beautiful and serene. Ashe had simply been on a walk to get out and about. After visiting the market and conversing, she had decided to clear her mind. Her room did not easily do this, being full of paperwork and objects to fiddle with, so she had decided on a walk. This had led her to her current predicament, walking around outside the city with the sun making a flowy and glowy departure from the sky.There were some minor clouds, but nothing she had worried about much. She was dressed in her standard attire, making her a stark contrast with her black against the bright glows of the surrounding area. It was beautiful in her mind.

As she walked, she felt a drop of water hit her shoulder. It was odd, as the clouds in the sky were small and, history would tell, skies of this nature near night time were a good omen for no rain. Still, another came, hitting her head. It began to rain full on soon. Instead of scattering about or running back, Ashe simply ignored it, becoming wet over time. She didn't mind, for today was a special day. Today was the day her mother had died. Ashe had been a bit preoccupied for the last week, knowing it was approaching. While she hadn't stifled her duties or any social meetings, she indeed had wished to spend a large portion of the exact date alone. While the day had been busy, she had indeed found the time to do just that, albeit, very late. She was unconcerned with this, the importance of the event was surely worth loosing a small portion of sleep over. Walking through the forest now, the large limbs of the trees let down globs of gathered rain down onto her. Still, she was unbothered.

Ashe spent time taking in the sensory input as she walked, the serene nature of a forest during a rain engrossing her completely in thoughts. It was loud, but somehow relaxing. Enclosed, but somehow vast. Peaceful, but full of havoc. It was not until she focused on the sounds in particular that she realized one did not belong. Someone had been following her. Turning around, her head moved quickly, suddenly alert. She was searching for something, or, more accurately, for someone. She had heard their footsteps. Heavyish footsteps and not too fast, so it was unlikely an assailant, but she still wished to see them. Within moments, the person did indeed make themselves presentable. It was Raul, the shopkeeper she had become acquainted with. He was drenched as well, and stumbling a bit around on the wet ground he was unaccustomed to. He was holding his hand over his head, though it was not doing him much good in keeping dry. Ashe could not help but smile at him, as he was quite jolly as a person and the only reason he was here is he must have seen her walking off during the rain beginning and must have come to check on her. He had indeed been one of the market stands she had gone to before hand.

Raul was surprised when he moved the limb aside and Ashe was looking at him. While he had not been intending to hide his presence, he had hoped to call out and announce his presence first. Ashe might have thought he was a stalker or assassin or something and tried to fight him. Luckily, her eyes were good and she had seemed to recognize him, simply smiling back at him, though obviously curious as to why he was here. "I am, um, sorry to have not called out, I was getting to that part, promise," he let out quickly, a bit loud so she could hear him over the noise. In truth, he had wondered what she was doing, as typically she could be seen walking to the end of the city and back, but not going outside of it, especially during rain.

Ashe walked towards him a bit, stopping not far from his position so they could converse despite the noise. Both were soaked, a bit awkward, though he had to have come for a reason. "It's alright, though I do wonder why you are here. Can I help you with anything?" she let out, not as friendly as usual it could be gauged from her word choice.

"I, uh, just making sure you alright," Raul responded in kind, "I see you walk around, but never in rain and not outside city and from what I remembers, never both." He shrugged, giving a hearty smile, "I just worry of my favorite customer is all!" In reality, he knew something was wrong just from how she had been acting recently.

Ashe looked back at him with an expression of honesty, "in truth," she began, "today is when my mother died, so I was out walking, as I do each year. I wasn't going to let the rain spoil that."

Noticing they were both wet, he still didn't laugh and make a joke, although under other circumstances it might have been appropriate, it didn't seem to be here. "Oh, I am sorry for intruding. I know these things myself. Ever since my father was lost, I have tried to figure out what to do about it. You see, like I told you before, I do not know if he is dead. Have always wondered, but do not know. Should I grieve or not is a terrible question." He put a hand on Ashe's shoulder, the rain running from his bushy eyebrows down his face in a pattern as she looked him in the face. He seemed like a different person than the jolly but prideful businessman she had met. "I may not know the fate of my father, but you know your mother is at rest. You have this at least."

She hadn't been in a particularly good mood, but his words had had meaning that made her think. While her mother was dead, at least she knew that she was not off being tortured somewhere. She was at peace somewhere, having died in battle of what she had believed in and something important. Ashe managed to smile widely and nodded, though she did not verbally respond. She understood he had meant well and he had indeed made a point.

"By look on your face, seems my work here is done," he said, back to a bit more jolly of a state. He patted her back three times with a bit of roughness, though nothing severe. "Your mother can see you from afterlife taking honors. She is very proud I would say. As for me, I leave you now, you not get away from people till now and I just bothering you."

"You're not," Ashe said quickly, "it was touching of you to come."

"Oh, touching is what I did to the food I ate. Friendship is what I did to you." And with that, he turned around, walking away awkwardly, still covering his head with his hand to at least try to stay dry. Ashe simply stood there and watched, managing a smile despite the day it was. Her grief had turned into respect and her heart had been lifted a tiny amount on this day. Although the situation and stances were impossible to change, she at least had the support and kindness of a friend who seemed to understand.

It made her stronger and hopeful of the future.

Quote:
PSYCOsanches589:
"Well, demacia is about justice and freedom, but even our prince has paid servants." he explained "Just because people do things for you because you asked doesn't make them slaves."

"Of course," she replied cordially. "I of course don't mean any disrespect to them, as all of them are very proud to serve their king." She smiled a bit, "I, however, would like to rule more loosely." It was true, she never directly commanded troops or interfered much in policy unless it was something she needed to see or change. "They were born into their authority, mine came a bit later. I'm still dealing with that I suppose in some way." Her voice hadn't wavered on the serious subject and she had hoped it had come out alright.

Quote:
Bright Oblivion:
((Wee! I finally have electricity again! Thirty-six hours later! Woohoo!))

Emily grinned. "Then it sounds to me like you need to talk to more people on a regular basis and give that voice of yours more exercise. It would certainly be better than trying to talk to yourself." She leaned against Sigmund and looked up at him. "A place of our own. Somewhere quiet to live and eventually raise a family. That sounds..."

"Perfect," Sigmund finished, though there was perhaps something wistful in his voice, some hint of sadness. "Absolutely perfect." He wrapped his arm around Emily and turned his focus back to the queen and her questions. "Science," he answered simply. "A group of scientists wanted to find out how I'd react if they injected me with a werewolf's blood, given my unique abilities, and decided to do so. That was about..." He frowned, considering. "...five, six years ago?" He grimaced. "It...didn't end well for them."

He shook his head, as though trying to dismiss those memories. "As for how long I've been like this, unable to touch silver without getting burned and keeping the last bits of the transformation restrained in my head? That's only been for the last year, year and a half or so." He looked toward Emily, who gave a shrug.

"Something like that," she murmured. "It could have been as many as two, or even a little bit more. I wasn't exactly watching a calendar at the time."

Sigmund nodded agreement. "We did sort of have other things on our minds."

"Perhaps I do," she tilted and smiled, clearly amused, "I do need to talk some, but most people don't want to small talk with me and such, you can imagine." While her voice tone wasn't one of sadness, it could be inferred that this didn't bring her much pleasure, perhaps a small hint of loneliness or awkwardness. As she then listened to them, her expression one was of happiness, although as they continued, discussing the answers to her question, her look became one of far more seriousness, obviously moved by what they must have been through. "I am sorry that happened, although now I can clearly see your innocence in this manner." She sighed a bit, as if sad by the current events such as the grim answers to the questions. After this moment, she gathered herself back up, "It is amazing you have learnt to live with this and still be good people. I am glad you also chose to live within my lands and represent myself with your kind actions. Thank you for that and this friendly meeting." While she had been against the meeting at first, thinking it unnecessary, it had given her a lot of useful information that they had shared willingly. Aside from that, it had also been a friendly conversation for the most part. These were good people.