Help me pick two heroes! ^^

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TokinPrez

01-14-2010

I need some help, lately I have been bouncing all over with different champs and I want to focus on two to get very good with. I play a mix of pugs and premades, though my premades are not set teams or anything, just with people I have met over the course of my time with LoL.

Not a huge fan of playing carries and I suck with casters....like really suck...I spent all the IP for the Karthus + skin deal and yea...never felt like such a noob until I played him. I mainly play Tanks, Tank/DPS, Tank/Supports

I am leaning towards these...

Nunu

Amumu

Nasus

Poppy

Cho Gath

Scion

Mundo

Karthus ... ok ok nvm because I suck so bad with him >< so much wasted points lol

I am good with Nunu as it is as well as Mundo (love mundo but friends are wary of him since exec calling and ignite hurt him so much). I used to play Amumu before nerfs, love him but is more group dependent..., im OK with Nasus not played him as much...dunno much about others only played few with em.

I enjoy tanking but also being more aggressive, also find in pugs tanks are rare and most my friends do not play them though one does play Singed and Malphite a lot.

Any advice as to what would be best suited for a mix of pug / premade that suits a more aggressive tanking mentality.

Zephyrmist

01-14-2010

i would say Cho'gath, Amumu, or Sion. Like you said Mundo, isn't a very good champ to play anymore, Nasus i think isn't rly a tank hes more of a dps and unless ur decent at last hitting with SS hes not very good other wise, Nunu i just personally don't rly like. Poppy i think you should just try out rite now since she is free.

The 3 that i said that are good choices are credit to team because of the stuns that they have.

Steven Jackson

01-14-2010

I know he wasnt on your list but i would really suggest getting used to playing malphite. Everyone loves a good malphite player, hes just such a great asset to the team

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-14-2010

sion is pretty good, takes some skill but is tough and can do some nice heavy damage. same with nasus, takes skill and can do some nice heavy damage. amumu is just a bit too weak atm, imo, and mundo is currently rendered obsolete by the metagame.

poppy is also great, as you can build her to be both an effective tank and dps.

I know it's not on your list, but udyr seems to be made for you. a great champion that is very tough and hard to kill, yet at the same time can do great damage. nunu is a pretty disruptive force too, with an AP build she can be quite devastating.

If I were you, I would give udyr, poppy, and nunu a try. I would focus first on udyr/poppy, as they are currently free, and nunu, as she is practically free (450 IP I think).

Corki is cool too, as he isnt your average carry; he is viable as a caster also and has some good escape abilities. Plus, we may all get him free soon

I know you are saddened by your mega-investment of IP into Karthus, but you could get good at him. He is a very tough hero to master, and requires a considerably different play style than most other casters, such as viegar/annie (but a LITTLE similar to morgana). If you want help with Karthus, you could check out the guide I wrote for him (I play Karthus 90% of the time):
http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=44813

it shows alot of tips about clever usage of Karthus's abilities.

Hope all this helps, and GL.

Heat n Serve

01-14-2010

Since Poppy is new, I won't say anything yet about her, but of the rest of the champions you listed I will make this statement:

I have seen good players and bad players play each of these champions. The two champions that I fear the most in the hands of a good player are Nunu and (AP) Sion.

AP-Sion will likely get a nerf in future patches so keep this in mind. If you can play Nunu well, however, your team will love you for it.

zoau

01-15-2010

Nunu is awesome dangerous and should be easy to get good at

Amumu got a nerf and is a crying emo. but still he owns me from time to time

Nasus is no tank, just a very tough dawg that can bite big chunks if ss was used good

Poppy try her out, shes free right now. feels a bit like nasus to me with all that Q focus in builds

Cho Gath hard to master. DO NOT DIE or spend another 6 minutes on getting big as before. do not die is something i dont want to hear as a tank player

Scion crazy undead stun nuke chop chop sion plays it all! what? he gets nerf?!? ****it;(

Mundo currently not playable as a tank. can still own early game though

Karthus be happy you have him, practice once in a while, you will be happy to have an alternative if PUG team has enough tanking/ picked your hero

summary: i dont think im much of a help here

Lord Bender

01-15-2010

i would go with sion, because he can be build in a lot of ways and he is quite strong

i personnaly love chogath, really healthy hero with some nice burst dmg, silence and stun

mundo is fun with his cleaver in laning phase but thats all you got from him and he doesnt do much later on

ammunu is really great tank with lots of dps ( W skill, eating all players alive ), has really game changing ulti, but theay really keep getting him nerfed his E skill is really low dmg

nasus isnt really tank but he is tanky with trinity force you will rape all heroes and with ulti you are really tough and last hitting with Q is really fun, so you have something to do in laning phase

poppy is also great choice, i played her twice and i really stomped other team with her even if we loose, but i am afraid she would be somehow changed

karthus : you have to learn how to use Q skill or you can put him into shelf

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

if you go sion, make sure you go physical dmg sion

dont fall into that ap bull**** most people do, hes useless after 15 minutes

Elad

01-15-2010

Out of the champions you listed I'd choose Nunu and Chogath.

Nunu is great for pugs as you can build him either as a tank if your team is lacking in that department, or if the tanking is covered you can go for an AP build. I find this usefull as the physical dps is generally pretty well covered by other champions. The second great thing about Nunu for pugs is that he can turn two mediocre carries into pretty descent carries by simply keeping boiling blood cast on them. Even 2 noncarries can drop a tower pretty quick if they both have boiling blood on them. Ice blast is a good initiation and chasing skill as it lets you seperate champions and keep them seperated, plus if you go AP it scales well. Finally his ulti is fantastic once you figure out when and where to cast it for maximum carnage. 90% of the pugs I play I'll grab Nunu simply because he can be slotted into most teams pretty well.

Chogoth is great for pugs as well. Cho'goth has great lane presence and is hard to force out of a lane, his rupture is a descent initiation skill, he has a silence, and feast is just brutal. I hate laning against a good Cho'gath. If you do go with Chogoth, everything you need to know is in Condon's MFing Cho'gath guide. Play him this way, and this way only.

The Promise

01-15-2010

I am rather partial to Cho'Gath, as he is who I play most of the time. He can be hard to play, especially since as Cho dying is the last thing you want to happen, but you are a tank so it is expected. But Rupture is very useful in group fights, harassing, and escape, if you learn how to use it.

If you want a bit of a challenge, but a rewarding one, Cho is the way to go.