All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

matosh

07-18-2014

Honestly it sucks cause most of the time i play i feel like I'm torturing myself cause enemy teams are so strong. or we get DDoS'd

Arlendor

07-18-2014

The biggest issue I can see with this is a lot more people not getting the champ they want and pulling the "someone dodge or I AFK" **** that I see in 1 of about every 10 games.

Arczer

07-18-2014

!

A12MO12

07-18-2014

This would definitely make ARAM more fun.

ZIP Zebra

07-18-2014

ARAM is serious business, its the best tool out there for group fight simulation, and until we get a sandbox mode, I'm going to keep rolling aram accounts to focus on the champs I need training in for group fights. Why should I be punished if I want to focus on a non-op aram champion? If I want to make an aram account with only darius to better time my ults, or olaf/mundo to practice axe throwing.

C9 HAl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2014

take my bump and my +1

EMINEMINEMEMINEM

07-18-2014

agreed , aram should be all fun no lameing allowed.

sadly human nature couppled with competetive mindsets display another picture.

AstorSapolsky

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlendor View Post
The biggest issue I can see with this is a lot more people not getting the champ they want and pulling the "someone dodge or I AFK" **** that I see in 1 of about every 10 games.
The problem is these players are going to be toxic regardless. Selfish, toxic players will be able to abuse everything from ARAM to replays. We shouldn't prevent the players from having a better experience just because some people will be able to abuse it.

Lord Moriuz

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Do you think it's fair that someone who only plays ARAM has access to all Champions while everyone else does not?
I agree with you. Unlocking all champs in ARAM isn't the solution. Say, someone who plays ARAM means he would get one of the champions he owns (and therefore, kinda knows how to play them).

If all champions were unlocked, people would get stuff like Yorick, Poppy, Sion... Maybe no one in the team owns them, means no one knows how to play them.

The best solution, in my opinion as a person who loves ARAM and has over 600 ARAM games under his belt (Lord Morius in LAN, which actually has every champion unlocked btw), is that people would need to own a certain amount of champions before being able to join the ARAM queue. Kinda like in ranked. This stops the abuse from the ARAM only accounts who have only "ARAM OP" champions like Ziggs, Nidalee, Sona, etc.

rawrQT

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
I will agree to disagree. I think it's very unfair that one group of players have access to something that another group does not have.
You mean like the unfair advantage of 'randoming' heroes specifically because they excel at the ARAM game mode? If so, I absolutely agree with you. Being able to purposely skew the random nature intended for the game mode should be considered an unfair advantage that subtracts from the fun of ARAM as a whole.

For clarifications sake, I own all the champions. I do not think it would undervalue my gameplay experience, past or future, if everyone had an equal chance to get a good or bad champion. In fact, I actually think you will see more people become less frustrated overall.