All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaltyTeemo4Life

07-17-2014

This is why i stopped playing aram long time ago at some mmr u meet same champions everygame its like on high rank at hearthstones constructed when u meet same popular decks, stale as fck not fun.

The thing u suggested is nothing new but it would definetly make it more fun. Its weird than nothing have been done in that matter, instead we get balance changes for dominion and twisted tree line, the mods almost nobody care about lol.

P.S until then i recommend u arams on custom mode, yeah ppl quit somtimes but u will witness bigger variety of campion poll than at aram queues.

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
It's still access to content that other summoners don't have. Whether it be random or not. I don't have Quinn unlocked. Someone who also does not have Quinn unlocked should not be able to play her in ARAM (Free to play week aside).

Again, I'm on your guys' side. I would love to see all champs unlocked. I'm just attempting to see it there are any holes in the theory. Constructive criticism, so to say.

EDIT: as for the free week argument, I have yet to see Yorick free.
I honestly think that you are past the point of constructive criticism but that might be because im very biased towards the idea of fixing the aram issues.

Izbiz

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweda View Post
I honestly think that you are past the point of constructive criticism but that might be because im very biased towards the idea of fixing the aram issues.
I want you to bring this to Riot in a constructive and productive way so it can be implemented. I'm trying to help with some of the counter arguments so that you can have a better presentation.

You are all clearly not understanding what I have to say, so I'll step out of this thread. Thank you for your time.

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
I want you to bring this to Riot in a constructive and productive way so it can be implemented. I'm trying to help with some of the counter arguments so that you can have a better presentation.

You are all clearly not understanding what I have to say, so I'll step out of this thread. Thank you for your time.
I have adressed an issue you presented multiple times in this thread, yet you keep repeating the same thing over and over again. Im sorry if came across as rude, every voice in the discussion matters.

Telosa

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweda View Post
I think this could help with the problem however I don't think it would solve it. A pre-made of ARAM accounts still would be able to abuse the system
It would give everyone an equal chance to roll good champions for ARAM, and unless everyone in the match was using a smurf account, then it's impossible to really game the system.

Trezno

07-17-2014

Having access to every champion for ARAM would make it a lot more fun to me, even if I had to play someone I've never used before. It would also allow it to be a bit more competitive because everyone can trade with everyone, so it's slightly easier to get a champ everyone can be semi-comfortable with!

Also, it would give Riot a reason to permanently bring back that 1-game Boost feature where you unlock all the skins for your team for 1 game for RP. This basically prints money!

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trezno View Post
It would also allow it to be a bit more competitive because everyone can trade with everyone, so it's slightly easier to get a champ everyone can be semi-comfortable with!
This is actually something I did not realize thanks for bringing that up. It will really promote a healthier gameplay where people can figure out who plays who and works as a team of 5. Having all champions unlocked means that people would gain reroll points really fast and that would be I think a minor issue. Maybe make a reroll-point gain flat? 3 games - 1 reroll or something similar.

Delimon

07-17-2014

warmogs plz

Rukimedes Shodai

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Shadow View Post
I just want to know why I consistently get the same 6-8 champions every game when I have over 100 unlocked.

Seriously, it's uncanny how often I get someone godlike in ARAM (Lux, Nidalee, Xerath) or someone terrible in ARAM (Garen, Udyr, etc)
Urgot > reroll to Warwick > Urgot again

all champs unlocked and then next game im urgot again. sad life

IPro N00bI

07-17-2014

Quote:
Agreed. But, for example:

I don't play ARAM. Ever. 0% of the time
My buddy plays only ARAM. 100% of the time

He gets access to champions without having to buy them while I do not. Is it fair to those who do not play ARAM?
Except he only gets a chance to play every champion. It's random, so it's not the same as owning the champion at all. The entire point of ARAM is it's random. Yes there is the benefit that you might get a champ you don't own, but so what? Everyone can play ARAM. Just because you choose not to doesn't mean you should demand their mode not have that benefit. It would be like if ARAM players complained the champs they get are random when other modes get to pick their champions. It's part of the game mode.