All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fel8 Me Byoch

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4T3NCY View Post
You're absolutely right here. The reroll system is one of many facets we would need to revisit before implementing something like this. We agree that simply switching on ALL champs in ARAM with it's current shape, would not feel very good. If/when we do it, we want to do it right. ^.^o
I don't understand why this is getting upvotes

what is the enormous problem in enabling all champions to be available to be randomed? why would it not feel very good? that makes NO SENSE AT ALL

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel8 Me Byoch View Post
I don't understand why this is getting upvotes

what is the enormous problem in enabling all champions to be available to be randomed? why would it not feel very good? that makes NO SENSE AT ALL
While I disagree that simply flipping the switch to unlock all the champs wouldn't feel very good, I do see his(?) point. If they do open it up, they might want to do a bit of a rework to the reroll system as well, to make sure players have sufficient access to rerolls if they do choose. Without rerolls, or without sufficient rerolls, queue dodging would run rampant in the mode.

Perhaps they would need to increase the point gain per game. Perhaps allow you to bank some up, but only let you use 2 at most in one game. Perhaps something else entirely. It should be looked at and considered. But I also don't think that it would be a major hindrance to the game mode to just flip the switch now and see how it goes, and then adjust accordingly, if needed.

Fel8 Me Byoch

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
While I disagree that simply flipping the switch to unlock all the champs wouldn't feel very good, I do see his(?) point. If they do open it up, they might want to do a bit of a rework to the reroll system as well, to make sure players have sufficient access to rerolls if they do choose. Without rerolls, or without sufficient rerolls, queue dodging would run rampant in the mode.

Perhaps they would need to increase the point gain per game. Perhaps allow you to bank some up, but only let you use 2 at most in one game. Perhaps something else entirely. It should be looked at and considered. But I also don't think that it would be a major hindrance to the game mode to just flip the switch now and see how it goes, and then adjust accordingly, if needed.
Queue dodging is already rampant in ARAM - if Riot is worried about that then they need to fire whoever thought it would be an issue

Sitting here I can think of a few ways to do rerolls - reroll the entire champion roster, reroll into your own pool, can only reroll unowned/owned champions, etc. These are not difficult concepts to grasp

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Queue dodging is already rampant in ARAM - if Riot is worried about that then they need to fire whoever thought it would be an issue

Sitting here I can think of a few ways to do rerolls - reroll the entire champion roster, reroll into your own pool, can only reroll unowned/owned champions, etc. These are not difficult concepts to grasp
I take it you never played ARAM back when it was only available as a custom game on SR. If you think queue dodging now is 'rampant', I have no idea what you would have thought back then. Sitting through 8-10 champion select screens wasn't uncommon. I believe my personal record before getting into a game was 21. I don't think I've ever had more than 5 or 6 before a game in the normal queue. And typically I'll only see one or two, if any at all. Huge props to both the re-roll system and the massive queue dodge penalty in ARAM for mitigating that issue.

Fel8 Me Byoch

07-18-2014

Quote:
I take it you never played ARAM back when it was only available as a custom game on SR. If you think queue dodging now is 'rampant', I have no idea what you would have thought back then.
absolutely ridiculous logic

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
absolutely ridiculous logic
Yes, who am I to compare community behavioral patterns based on extensive experience in the game mode to establish a plausible issue that might stem from the proposal being discussed.

Also, if it wasn't clear, the risk of a couple more dodges before a game is something I'd be willing to deal with if all champions were unlocked. I'm very much for this idea. People are allowed to support an idea, but also see/understand the viewpoints of the opposing side...

Izbiz

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOloteon View Post
You don't OWN the champs.... You just have a 1/119 chance of getting a champ...

There is no devil's advocate for this...

It's not hard to grasp...
This thread is still going? Well that's good. Gets some attention out there. And look, we got a red!

All I'm saying is that you have access to content that others have to buy. It's a fact. You can't deny it. We both don't own Quinn. You play ARAM, you get to play her. I don't play ARAM, I don't get to play her. These are facts.

They question becomes: does anyone care? I'm hopeful that they don't so that we can move along with unlock all champs for everyone.

Do people not understand the concept of devil's advocate?

SpookyMage

07-18-2014

This isn't going to end the qq... there will still be wildly unbalanced teams. At any rate, the ARAM-only smurfs would eventually only be facing each other as they climbed. I doubt people on the low end of the ARAM mmr pool have to face these über accounts as much as they think.

Zielmann

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
This thread is still going? Well that's good. Gets some attention out there. And look, we got a red!

All I'm saying is that you have access to content that others have to buy. It's a fact. You can't deny it. We both don't own Quinn. You play ARAM, you get to play her. I don't play ARAM, I don't get to play her. These are facts.

They question becomes: does anyone care? I'm hopeful that they don't so that we can move along with unlock all champs for everyone.
Amazing how a Red participating breathes life into a thread :P
But yeah, it's awesome to at least be acknowledged by somebody on their side for once.

Like I said a couple posts ago, if they still make reroll point gain based on your owned champions, it'll still make it feel like you're getting something out of owning that champion that somebody who doesn't own the champion doesn't get.

Quote:
Do people not understand the concept of devil's advocate?
Sadly, they really, really don't.

Izbiz

07-18-2014

Quote:

Sadly, they really, really don't.
I got all the down votes and I was just trying to help