Why isn't Akali getting reworked but Diana is?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skear

2 Weeks Ago

Yeah this is a cry thread. I got wrecked by an Akali recently playing as Lucian. We were our respective team Carry.

1v1 - Anytime I was revealed, she pressed R, I could get a Q off and she pops me again, sustains and I'm deleted.

Teamfights - I wait about a coordinate away from the fight, she shrouds in the middle of the fights, we pink ward, she sustains and bounces around until she reach me and I'm deleted.

Sieges - See 1v1, same instance pretty much.

Now I would agree my team could've done a little bit better job of protecting me. Hell most solo queue teams won't even pink ward. Maybe, I need to just get good I don't know? It's just I felt so useless and dominated mid to late game with having little time to react to her R and through sustain and shrouds able to live from my team's attack.

Anyway, she's a pain in the ass =[

Annoth84

2 Weeks Ago

The issue is how quickly she scales, and how incredibly hard it is to shut her down once she has begun to snowball.

Umbrella Corp

2 Weeks Ago

Pick Tristana next time, then you can hunt that akali b1tch down and get your sweet revenge.

Best Philosopher

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skear View Post
Yeah this is a cry thread. I got wrecked by an Akali recently playing as Lucian. We were our respective team Carry.

1v1 - Anytime I was revealed, she pressed R, I could get a Q off and she pops me again, sustains and I'm deleted.

Teamfights - I wait about a coordinate away from the fight, she shrouds in the middle of the fights, we pink ward, she sustains and bounces around until she reach me and I'm deleted.

Sieges - See 1v1, same instance pretty much.

Now I would agree my team could've done a little bit better job of protecting me. Hell most solo queue teams won't even pink ward. Maybe, I need to just get good I don't know? It's just I felt so useless and dominated mid to late game with having little time to react to her R and through sustain and shrouds able to live from my team's attack.

Anyway, she's a pain in the ass =[
That is kinds what Akali does to adcs, any adc. Give Diana, Talon, Zed etc... The same amound of kills/farm/gold they will do the same thing

POTUSandrew

2 Weeks Ago

It's because Akali doesn't build tank. Diana can build tank and dump as much damage as Akali, but live because of the mentioned tankiness.

Splitpushing

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by POTUSandrew View Post
It's because Akali doesn't build tank. Diana can build tank and dump as much damage as Akali, but live because of the mentioned tankiness.
she doesn't need to build tank. she gets free resistances, massive sustain, and can build ap items that have powerful utility like zhonya's. she's a draintank.

Splitpushing

2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Philosopher View Post
That is kinds what Akali does to adcs, any adc. Give Diana, Talon, Zed etc... The same amound of kills/farm/gold they will do the same thing
all assassins will destroy ADCs but none of them are as easy to play and harder to counter than akali.

Holy Malevolence

2 Weeks Ago

So you expect to just walk over a high risk champion who counters low risk champions with the very definition of a low risk champion?

The overentitlement is astounding!

But, anyway, the reason why it would be prominent to fix Diana is because she's unfocused. Part bruiser, part assassin, kind of weak at both.
Akali's all assassin. There are no problems there.

Jib Jig

2 Weeks Ago

Link to Diana rework?

Zhugan

2 Weeks Ago

Akali is an assassin that does that job while building that way. She has no other real options, and she is high risk for her level of reward (especially against organized teams).

Diana's shield and pull are both tank mechanics in how they optimally function. Her passive, Q and R are all assassin mechanics.

That creates a situation in which Diana has no optimum use case unless she gets incredibly far ahead. In an even game Diana can't assassinate as effectively as other assassins can, but she also can't fight as a bruiser as effectively either due to the odd mechanics of her ultimate.

In short, Diana needs a rework because her kit is in conflict with itself (big issue). Akali needs a rework because her kit is archaic (small issue). Giving Diana priority over Akali makes a lot of sense when you consider the reasons why both would get reworks.