All (not so) Random All Mid

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Hi there!
I would like to ask what is Riot's stance on the ARAM state. Right now the mode has a lot of potential but I feel like it is severely maimed but an abuse (of sort) that has started to take place a couple of weeks after ARAM queue was launched.
We all know that some of the champions are overall better on an ARAM map than others. It's an obvious outcome because...well of the way that map is played. This would not be a problem as queueing for an ARAM map itself is related to accepting that RNG element however because of a decision that has beeen made by whoever is responsible for that queue the origination of ARAM accounts started.
An ARAM account is a (usually) smurf account created for the purpose of only playing an ARAM mode and unlocking only the champions that are extremely effective, thus' leading to "easy" winning by simply overpowering enemy team with said champs (Sona, Lux, Velkoz, Janna, Soraka etc).
This is the reason I have decided to created this thread. I would like to ask what is the reasoning behind the decision to not making all champions available for every account in the ARAM queue?
The existence of ARAM account is simply cancerous, it does not comply with the spirit of a good game and creates games that puts one team in a disadvantage for wrong reasons - creating a higher chance of getting an "op" champ instead of trying to figure out how to pull out a randomly generated team composition.
What do you guys think about it? There are two aspects of an ARAM game:
1) all mid - fulfilled because of the nature of the map(1 lane nowhere else to go)
2) all random - maimed, people have to unlock a champion in order to be able to draw it in an ARAM, unlocking only ARAM champs creates a higher chance of pulling an "op" comp.
I think this issue should be adressed and fixed. If an argument of not making all the champions available is of business model nature I think you should reconsider it. If it's a technical issue I hope it will be adressed in the new client. If it's something else I would love if you shared that with all of us.
I think that ARAM mode should be considered a "chill mode" leaving all the more serious experience into a SR queue. All the flaws it has right now prevent that.
I hope I did not rant for too long, regards.
edit
Hello! After reading all the comments here and on reddit I came up with the following ideas:
1) Allow players to queue for ARAM since level 1
2) Create dynamic matchmaking queue tiers(just an idea)
tier 1: level 1-10 (x% champions)
tier 2: level 11-20 (y% champions)
tier 3: level 21-29 (z% champions)
tier 4: level 30 (100% champions)
(random numbers, bottom line: lower levels split into brackets, level 30 being the highest one)
Tiers would work that way: The higher the Tier the bigger the pool of champions available to be randomed.
Dynamic aspect of said MMking means that a matchmaker will try to match people (with an additional focus on premades) into the teams with similar average level.
Amount of rerolls availalbe - 1, gain speed depending on the tier
3) Pool of champions available for an ARAM game:
Either make it so that every ARAM game has a new pool of champions randomly selected by the system that will then assign champions from that pool to the players or create an ARAM weekly rotation that will be available for each tier.
This would prevent newer players (1-10) from being too overwhelmed by a vast amount of champions, while higher levels, more experienced, would be able to random more different team comps. That experience would prepare them for a level 30 tier where all the champions would be available while still maintaining the feeling of making progress - spending IP to prepare runes, runepages, spending IP/RP on favourite champions, spending RP on favourite champion skins(even though all the champs would be available at level 30 they would still have to be unlocked in order to buy their skins).
Those changes would prevent the abuses of the system(ARAM accounts), they would help new players to get more familiar with the game and ARAM mode, perservere the aspect of making progress (similar to SR leveling - once you are level 30 you are ready, at least in theory, to do ranked).

Nuparu

07-17-2014

Why can't we play every champ in ARAM

the world may never know

RasheedR

07-17-2014

I'd rather see players use champions from their team's combined champion pool than just what you own/what's free

Izbiz

07-17-2014

Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Do you think it's fair that someone who only plays ARAM has access to all Champions while everyone else does not?

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasheedR View Post
I'd rather see players use champions from their team's combined champion pool than just what you own/what's free
I think this could help with the problem however I don't think it would solve it. A pre-made of ARAM accounts still would be able to abuse the system

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Just to play Devil's Advocate:

Do you think it's fair that someone who only plays ARAM has access to all Champions while everyone else does not?
Allowing EVERY player to draw every champion will equalize the field.

Izbiz

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweda View Post
Allowing EVERY player to draw every champion will equalize the field.
Agreed. But, for example:

I don't play ARAM. Ever. 0% of the time
My buddy plays only ARAM. 100% of the time

He gets access to champions without having to buy them while I do not. Is it fair to those who do not play ARAM?

Mayweda

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Agreed. But, for example:

I don't play ARAM. Ever. 0% of the time
My buddy plays only ARAM. 100% of the time

He gets access to champions without having to buy them while I do not. Is it fair to those who do not play ARAM?
You and your buddy will have an access to every champion only in an ARAM queue. He won't be able to play them in other queues. I do understand that being able to play every champion for free in one mode might be a little bit frustrating for other players (SR especially) but a nature of ARAM game suggests that it should be allowed. Also ARAM does not create (at least in my opinion) a sense of progress, while SR queue does.

Izbiz

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayweda View Post
You and your buddy will have an access to every champion only in an ARAM queue. He won't be able to play them in other queues. I do understand that being able to play every champion for free in one mode might be a little bit frustrating for other players (SR especially) but a nature of ARAM game suggests that it should be allowed. Also ARAM does not create (at least in my opinion) a sense of progress, while SR queue does.
Sense of progress is relative, though. My buddy's progress might be to win more ARAM games while mine is to get to ________ division on SR. And lack of progress does not mean that you should have access to all champs.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I actually agree with the idea. Just playing Devil's Advocate so that no rocks are left unturned.

bbbbbbbbbbbbb

07-17-2014

!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg aram accounts ruin lives.jpg (20.0 KB, 1869 views)

1234511 ... 19