Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

When playing warwick skills lockup and become unable to use.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaster

07-17-2014

Been playing a lot of warwick in ranked lately and it always happens late game in teamfight i'll not be able to use my q on someone even though i have the mana, and i have the cooldown, and my keyboard is working, and im in range.

It just won't go off.

It even happened with his w once.

I have no idea what causes it, could be his ult since it happens after i've used my ult, but it keeps happening.

Steps to find this bug,

Edit: Having read another thread i believe they have it right. It's using a skill during your ult, i believe.

Refined: How to get the W Bug
Going into a custom and practicing, i can consistently get a w bug, but no the q.

1. Go in summoner's rift as warwick
2. Get 6, level up your ult, q and w.
3. Ult enemy champion, immidiately after ult(be spamming w)use w.
4. right after that, hit q.
5. Your w will show it's off cooldown.

Refined Refined: How to get the Q bug

FINALLY, after 30 minutes in a custom i've gotten q to bug aswell, CONSISTENTLY

1. Play summoner's rift, be warwick. (use the base skin, might be skin specific)
2. Get 6, level q, w, and ultimate
3. Use q against an enemy champion.
4. UPDATE: W MUST BE ON COOLDOWN, SO USE IT HERE.
5. During the last second of the q's cooldown, ultimate the enemy champion.
6. Queue up your q during your ult.
7. after ult finishes you are locked out of q for the next 5+ seconds completely, even though it really is off cooldown.

Very VERY annoying bug that cost me at least 1 kill.

Blaster

07-17-2014

Bump

Blaster

07-17-2014

Bump, figured it all out. how to get both bugs. Q Is a real bug that NEEDS to be fixed.

W is just a visual bug that makes it seem like w's up when it's not.

Blaster

07-17-2014

Bump

Blaster

07-17-2014

bump

Terror Reaper

07-17-2014

Do you think it's going on an invisible cooldown? Since Q and W have vast cooldown timers, we could try locking W and see if it only takes 5+ or 17+ seconds to come back.

And just to clarify for my sake, do you mean that it only procs if I ult while Q is about to come off cooldown? At least from your tests?

Blaster

07-17-2014

Quote:
Terror Reaper:
Do you think it's going on an invisible cooldown? Since Q and W have vast cooldown timers, we could try locking W and see if it only takes 5+ or 17+ seconds to come back.

And just to clarify for my sake, do you mean that it only procs if I ult while Q is about to come off cooldown? At least from your tests?

The q bug only occurs if you ult while it's about to come back off cooldown, so much so that if you ult during that time, and it comes off cooldown, and you q your q up to go after your ulti, it will bug it out.

however the w bug is made by simple using ult, then using your w then using your q, and is purely a visual bug.

I never tested ulting while w was about to come back off cooldown, and then queing up w to see if it got locked out, since there are incredibly few situations in which this is a neccesary combo(w'ng after a ult, instead of q'ng after a ult) and the situations in which you could do this are incredibly slim(ulting during the last seconds of a w is almost never done).

Moonira

07-17-2014

I having the same problem. Right after an ult mostly i can not press w.

Terror Reaper

07-17-2014

Quote:
Moonira:
I having the same problem. Right after an ult mostly i can not press w.

Is W the skill you normally press after ulting?

More tests have shown that the length of the skill lock is the same as the duration of that skill's cooldown (W took 15 seconds to unlock with 40% cd). While I can confirm Blaster's skill[1]>ult>queue-skill[1] combo lock, I can also lock a skill simply by queuing it during an ult. I have not gotten E to lock yet, but it's on a short cd, and seemed to work when it should have locked anyway.

I believe it's a channeling issue, as I have been forced out of my channel twice and immediately was able to use skills. Maybe, in those two situations, I hadn't queued skills up yet. I don't know for sure; it's just what I've seen so far.

So far, the best way that I have found to avoid skills locking after ulting is by not queuing them during the ult, and waiting for the Infinite Duress channel bar on the screen to disappear before using another skill.

Dangerous Beast

Recruiter

07-17-2014

I main WW in ranked. and before the patch, Whenever I ulted someone, I'd use Q and W while ulti was in progress and it worked fine. And after this 4.12 patch, I've had the same issue.