new buff timers 4.12 patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FyshinaTux

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHentai View Post
By default, pressing O will toggle the scoreboard on the screen. Just drag it off to keep the timers up. Pressing O again or Tab will close it.

See how I have the scoreboard way down at the bottom, just bring it lower so you can see your stats, health/mana, minimap, etc. And when you want to see the score just drag it back up.
Attachment 1018213
That's actually not that great of an idea to be honest. The scoreboard has extremely valuable information that you really should be looking at. For example, say you're in mid-game and you're roaming a bit, well, you wanna get a kill top so you can take top turret? You really should look at the scoreboard to make sure the enemy top laner doesn't have a STUPID advantage that you were otherwise unaware of (i.e. if they got fed enough to have a Warmogs when your laner has a Giant's Belt.)

Coming back to laner after your first or second back? You really should be checking your opponents items in order to judge who has the advantage so you know how aggressive/passive to play.

The scoreboard has no place being off the screen, unless it's a bots game.

ExHentai

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyshinaTux View Post
The scoreboard has no place being off the screen, unless it's a bots game.
Which is why at the end of my post I said to drag it back if you want to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FyshinaTux View Post
Coming back to laner after your first or second back? You really should be checking your opponents items in order to judge who has the advantage so you know how aggressive/passive to play.
You can click on the enemy laner to see their items as well.

Zac x Me

07-17-2014

#RemoveTimers2014

FyshinaTux

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExHentai View Post
Which is why at the end of my post I said to drag it back if you want to see it.

You can click on the enemy laner to see their items as well.
I'm aware of both of these options, dragging back takes more time, as does clicking them. If you make it to lane first, and they come into lane, you can either give up time to CS before you check, or give up CS to check immediately utilizing the either of your methods. Simply hitting Tab is FAR faster in the scope of the LoL second (a lot happens in this game in the course of a second or two).

Necromancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2014

Whoever added the timers needs to be fired, taking the skill out of the game, soon enough people will be able to buy ranks via the store. Expect it.

Dedrius

07-17-2014

I would make the purple-blue side problem less of an issue if the top part of the screen was being used as well.

exec3

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Nome View Post
Mmm, not quite. I assume you're basing this on my spiel during the Patch Rundown, so I'm sorry for the confusion (it wasn't scripted, so I didn't provide as eloquent an explanation as I could've!).

It's not that it's a skill to look at the timer; rather that a persistent element, at least by default, runs the risk of being prescriptive. We'd experimented with persistence as default and toggled persistence, but went back to keeping it attached to the scoreboard because we didn't want players to blindly follow countdowns. It was a difficult call that our team was split 50/50 on, but we eventually decided to tread cautiously this time around.

Can it be an option in the future? Maybe--as always, we don't want to rule out the possibility. For now though, it's going to be attached to the scoreboard.
I really really really hope you reconsider this. To me the timers being on the scoreboard makes them out of sight and out of mind. It's half as bad as just having the info in the chat. I simply don't want to be pressing the tab button every 30 seconds.

FyshinaTux

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by exec3 View Post
I really really really hope you reconsider this. To me the timers being on the scoreboard makes them out of sight and out of mind. It's half as bad as just having the info in the chat. I simply don't want to be pressing the tab button every 30 seconds.
Ok? So keep the timer yourself, then check the timer in game as it comes closer... no need to check it every 30 seconds.

I've found that I start instinctively looking for the timer right around 30 seconds before the camp spawns, simply because I have been doing it so much...

Raiyn

07-17-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Nome View Post
Mmm, not quite. I assume you're basing this on my spiel during the Patch Rundown, so I'm sorry for the confusion (it wasn't scripted, so I didn't provide as eloquent an explanation as I could've!).

It's not that it's a skill to look at the timer; rather that a persistent element, at least by default, runs the risk of being prescriptive. We'd experimented with persistence as default and toggled persistence, but went back to keeping it attached to the scoreboard because we didn't want players to blindly follow countdowns. It was a difficult call that our team was split 50/50 on, but we eventually decided to tread cautiously this time around.

Can it be an option in the future? Maybe--as always, we don't want to rule out the possibility. For now though, it's going to be attached to the scoreboard.

I'm not sure why it was such a difficult decision to let the players themselves decide what they want. You want to give the game "Clarity" through jungle timers but you make them very annoying and difficult to access. I plan to continue to use my LOL jungle timer APP because you guys utterly wasted my RP on these useless and frustrating timers.

At least be consistent in your "Clarity" design philosophy its so aggravating.

H2O Darth Kitti

07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiyn View Post
You want to give the game "Clarity" through jungle timers but you make them very annoying and difficult to access. I plan to continue to use my LOL jungle timer APP
Quote:
very annoying and difficult to access.
Quote:
difficult to access
Lolwut

Tab is right next to your q. Unless you are playing without any fingers "difficult to access" is a straight up lie.