Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Improve Sightstone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chezni

09-30-2014

I thing with the sightstone the only change I would like to see is make two different types of sightstones. Make one builds off of the ruby crystal item, and make one that places the stealth wards that builds from a sapphire crystal (obviously make the two completely incompatible) but give the support or anyone making it a choice between boosting either their hp or mana pool by making this.

SkinnyPete33

10-01-2014

As someone that plays support often Sightstone is an invaluable item in my opinion because of vision control. My biggest issue is vision wards. Yes you can upgrade your warding trinket to act as a vision ward once you hit level 9 but doing that eliminates being able to take the sweeping lens to clear wards. Why not rework Ruby Sightstone so that it gives you a vision ward. Give it a passive that gains a charge every time you place a stealth ward. After 3 charges the next ward to come from RSS will be a vision ward. In my opinion I feel like this will promote warding from supports as well as provide a means for them to learn when and where to place wards because they will need to know where vision wards are more effective and where a stealth should be placed. To compensate, raise the cost of RSS to 1800 from its current 1600 cost (2 vision wards). This will help supports get built easier by not having to buy so many pinks. Any feedback on this idea is welcome.

FantasySniper

10-05-2014

Quote:
Chezni:
I thing with the sightstone the only change I would like to see is make two different types of sightstones. Make one builds off of the ruby crystal item, and make one that places the stealth wards that builds from a sapphire crystal (obviously make the two completely incompatible) but give the support or anyone making it a choice between boosting either their hp or mana pool by making this.

Interesting. It might work, so long as each Sightstone isn't compatible. Although you'd have to try really hard to make sure that it isn't pushed off the grid by the original SS because, well, Health > Mana.
Quote:
SkinnyPete33:
As someone that plays support often Sightstone is an invaluable item in my opinion because of vision control. My biggest issue is vision wards. Yes you can upgrade your warding trinket to act as a vision ward once you hit level 9 but doing that eliminates being able to take the sweeping lens to clear wards. Why not rework Ruby Sightstone so that it gives you a vision ward. Give it a passive that gains a charge every time you place a stealth ward. After 3 charges the next ward to come from RSS will be a vision ward. In my opinion I feel like this will promote warding from supports as well as provide a means for them to learn when and where to place wards because they will need to know where vision wards are more effective and where a stealth should be placed. To compensate, raise the cost of RSS to 1800 from its current 1600 cost (2 vision wards). This will help supports get built easier by not having to buy so many pinks. Any feedback on this idea is welcome.

Trying to make sure you use the vision ward properly will be an issue, since it is uncontrollable and you are very likely to end up holding off on warding to make sure you can place your pink in a special place, or just use it to clear some enemy wards and forget about it.
I don't buy many pinks at all, at most 3 throughout a match because there comes a point where they aren't as good as just simply placing a green instead and ensuring your vision stays there for a whole minute because of the unpredictability of a pink's lifetime.
If there was a SS option dedicated to giving vision wards, you run into the same problem, not to mention the huge gold efficiency it would provide.