Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Open RP] Arux: Sanctuary of Dragons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

freAK47

07-16-2014

"My name is Jake. Its nice to meet you Avery." He reached his hand up once more,offering to pet him again, but letting him say yes or no.

Silverling

07-17-2014

Avery chirped again before chattering yet another seemingly rehearsed reply.

"Nice to meet you! Nice to meet you~!"

At Jake reaching his hand up, the odd little dragon tilted its head to one side at it, then promptly pressed the side of his face up against it, making his choice rather clear.

FilFire

07-17-2014

Sarkin

Sarkin raises his eyebrow at the declaration of Jake's face actually having been hammered from metal.

"So you're a metal golem then? Weird creatures. Never actually met many golems, but boy there's some weird stories surrounding you guys. Also, I'm not that old, so I wouldn't know just how awful it was back then. Actually I don't think there are many Diarchon old enough to remember that time, period. When I was born we already were pretty decent in numbers.

He then also looks at the playing children.

"Shouldn't be that hard. I mean, you're a golem. As long as you don't start digging trenches a couple of miles long there shouldn't be any trouble."

When the bird...dragon...thing arrives Sarkin looks at it, a confused expression on his face while he absent-mindedly rubs the shoulder the creature bounced off of.

"And what the hell are you supposed to be? Was your mother some kind of lizard and your father a bird with peculiar taste in women? Ah well, I see you're already getting along with mister golem here. Although I'd seriously advise you to learn how to talk. No idea what you're actually saying except that your name is Avery."

A couple of children have already halted their playing to stare at the metal man, and the presence of the feathery small dragon only makes them more curious. The only thing holding them back from coming closer is the fact that these are the first strangers they've ever seen, making them unsure how to react to them besides pure curiosity.

Kras

Both Soul and Ares would quickly notice that one of the guards (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4548) stands out a fair bit, and more importantly, that he is looking at the both of them. He has not actually moved from his spot, but his stance, both feet firmly placed on the ground and axe in hand, makes it clear that he is ready to walk over to either of them should it become necessary. His helmet and his facial hair make it difficult to make out his expression, but it appears that he does not approve of either of their presence. Ares should not have much trouble imagining why, seeing how he's a demon, and it should not take that much longer for Soul to think of the possibility of what it must look like for these people to see an outsider with a dragon hatchling, even more so since that dragon hatchling does not appear to be that happy at the moment with Soul.

Besides the guards most people don't seem to really care about Ares, although a couple of the adults shoot him wary glances and make sure the children don't come too close. The fact that the guide has allowed him in means that he isn't an immediate threat, but regardless of everything else a demon is a demon. Best to stay careful.

Soul however would quickly find multiple children, both dragons and humans, approaching him, most of them focused on the white dragon sitting on top of his head. For now they aren't doing anything, but it's clear they're waiting to see what the man and his white dragon hatchling would do next.

Tyr'Zhul

When Mizuhi suddenly changes into a dragon she would actually not get nearly as much attention as she would have gotten in most city states. At most a couple of children stare while everybody makes sure to give her enough space, but other than that they don't show any sign of being impressed or shocked. Well, she does get a couple of looks of approval, but it's more that of somebody who knows what they're talking about seeing something nice rather than somebody seeing something rare and unequalled, even if she does look a bit different from most frost dragons, which most people are assuming she is either one of or similar to.

When Mizuhi takes to the skies she would quickly find that beyond the Kedren Plaza there are a lot more dragons to be found, apparently there being some kind of unspoken agreement not to constantly crowd the air above the Kedren Plaza. Most dragons look up as they see Mizuhi ascend, but then decide to mind their own business, not intending to make too much of a bother for the outsider dragon who has decided to visit their home. The entirety of Arux looks somewhat similar to the eyes of an outsider, rocky mountains and cliffs with connect plateaus and plazas, the stone walls dotted with camouflaged buildings and entrances. The caves of the dragons are a bit farther into the complex, where there is less chance of a foreign person stumbling in and getting themselves killed by annoyed dragons.

Most of the dragons politely keep their distance from Mizuhi as she flies around, but she would quickly note that one dragon (http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4549) doesn't seem to care much about her presence, merely glancing at her with blank eyes before continuing to fly about without any real purpose or objective, not changing its course regardless of how far or close it brings him to Mizuhi.

freAK47

07-17-2014

JAke chuckles and continues to rub Avery's chin.

Jake looked back to Sarkin, shaking his head. "Sort of. I was..something like a golem, was created that way. But things happened and now I am alive. I eat, breathe, drink, sleep. Most of the metal on my face is grown from my skin."

At this point he finally noticed the children. Smiling warmly, he kneeled down and waved to them, letting them know that they could come closer.

Silverling

07-17-2014

((Ah, I prolly should have mentioned that ideally Avery is from somewhere around the area. The words he actually knows are ones he's picked up from pestering people. He wouldn't have done anything too destructive, mostly grabbing shinies or begging for food offerings... Either way, I imagine its a large area and not everyone would know of him.))

Avery continued to tilt his head progressively from one side to the next to allow Jake to scratch at different locations. The moment he would stop, the odd dragon would look over at Sarkin. He gave him a bit of a glare, then opened his mouth andmade an odd hissing noise at him while a light mist formed in the air from a slight release of frost breath. As he did this, one might notice his feathers shifting to more of a white colored scale pattern, but would shift back to normal shortly after.

Once finishing his display, he jumped off of Jake's shoulders and onto a nearby ledge, his tail flicking with curiosity.

((And if anyone knows how to speak Falcon they can totally learn his story. d= ))

CALEB THEBADDEST

07-17-2014

(( Do these Dragons have some way to identify him as a demon? he is in his humanoid form at the moment so it would not be obvious what he is for all intents and purposes he looks human atm))

Ares is busy looking around at the various shiny items for sale becoming distracted by one after the other. He vaguely notices that some of the citizens are ushering their children away from him sadly he knows exactly why, he continues to smile walk around a bit a sudden wind lifting his sleeves like the wings of some great bat. As he is walking he notices an older man with an interestingly hued beard staring him down, always the optimist Ares assumes he wants to talk to him but is too afraid too.

With a quick leap Ares floats about twenty feet up with a tinkling laugh and lands lightly in front of the green man "Hi Im Ares whats your name!?" he asks on the brink of laughter from excitement at having a new friend soon.

soulnight115

07-17-2014

It wouldn't take long for Afrien from on top of Soul's head to notice the kids approaching them. He would stare at them for a few seconds before looking back to Soul

"There's a bunch of kids staring at us," the hatchling would say

Soul would look up at the kids, then to the weird demon dude, then to the suspicious guard, and then back to the kids before asking them life's most important question

"Where am I and how did I get here?"

FilFire

07-18-2014

Sarkin

((I'll have to figure out who does and who doesn't know about the crazy eagle dragon though.))

Sarkin looks somewhat puzzled at Jake's declaration, then shrugs and grins widely.

"Not a golem then? Yours must be an interesting story. Anyway, people around here are used to strange, so you should have no trouble making friends here. Just don't mind the acid people who would threaten to melt your face. Annoying people, the whole lot of them."

In response to Avery hissing at him Sarkin stares at the eagle dragon thing with some befuddlement.

"Weird little bugger, aren't you? Although you have to do more than create a puff of frost to threaten me. Although now I at least know that you're a dragon and not just some weird little freak. Or at least partially dragon. I still hold my statement about the possibility of birds with weird preferences."

He then watches as Jake welcomes the children to come closer, a gesture which is immediately responded to as now Jake is surrounded by both Kedresthai and dragon children, one of the human children, with clear red eyes, stepping forward and poking his cheek before turning to the others.

"He's really made of metal!"

The other children make varying sounds of amazement, after which they focus on Jake.

"What's your name metal man?"

((I don't think learning Falcon is part of the Kedresthai education system. Or that of the Diarchon.))

Kras

((Not to be rude, but I've seen Ares' profile. Nobody would ever not recognize your demonic nature when they look at your human form. Besides of that, sharp senses, intuition, instinct and insight. Also, you yourself just claimed you grinned too widely for it to be human.))

All the merchants are polite to Ares when he comes close to them, but he can tell that they're also wary, if only because his behaviour indicates a personality likely to suddenly decide to do something weird for the hell of it.

When Ares approaches the green guard he would notice that he does not in any way change his position, like a statue keeping his firm stance as he looks at Ares. Definitely not somebody who is afraid of him. At first the man does not respond to Ares, continuing to look at him from behind the green metal of his helmet. When he speaks his voice is harsh and cold, the voice of a man who may not be threatening at the moment but who could become deadly in a split second.

"I am Kras. I will warn you in advance demon: We will not reject your kind, but we will also not tolerate any of your foolishness. Just as we have been given a chance by the world we will give you a chance, but that chance will be considered lost the moment I view you as a threat. Behave and be welcomed, or act like a demon and be struck down as one."

Meanwhile the children keep staring at Soul and Afrien, waiting for them to do something. When Soul finally talks the children, both Kedresthai and Diarchon, look at each other, then back at Soul, before a white dragon answers.

"This is Arux, home of dragons. As for how you got here, there is only one entrance for outsiders. You must have come here with a guide or a party which had a guide."

soulnight115

07-18-2014

Soul had an unexplainable urge to place one of his hands flat across his face and groan out loud in frustration, but before he could do that Afrien would reply to the children

"He meant to ask where in Arux are we?... We're a bit lost"

Silverling

07-18-2014

((Gyrfalcon (http://birds.audubon.org/sites/default/files/imagecache/bird-full/species_images/Gyrfalcon_d18-5-014_l.jpg).... Not Eagle. d= Though I was tempted to use the pygmy falcon (http://2012.chauglie.com/safaribirds2/IMG_9966a.jpg)...))

Jake/Sarkin/Avery

Avery watched the children from his ledge. His keen eyes were on the lookout for what the children could possibly be carrying with them. After all, most children have toys, and Avery likes to play with toys. He let out a quiet chirp and ducked down a bit on his ledge, taking more of a hunting stance than his curious one from just moments before.

((And pfft... I can't possibly see why Falcon ISN'T part of every day education!))