Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Open RP] Arux: Sanctuary of Dragons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

soulnight115

09-26-2014

"Already tried the priest," Afrien grumbled as Soul caught up with the two

"Hey the rockslide doesn't count we created it to get rid of those mutant birds!"

"We got buried alive in the process!" Afrien would retort, before turning toward Sarkin. "I'm bonded to a walking death magnet that won't get some heavy armor no matter how many times I him to

"It's cumbersome!"

"Anyway just make this coat as strong as you can make it, while we're we might as well get him a new set of climbing hooks and a retractable sword, because he broke the ones he had in that rockslide."

"... Could it be a good sword?"

"And yes might as well get him the best sword we can find around here"

TheOneTrueWaifu

10-01-2014

Quote:
FilFire:

FilFire raises an eyebrow as his daughter tries to return his own tail, then grins diabolically. His tail suddenly comes to life again, lifting Thalassa so she's dangling in front of FilFire's face.

"So, finally took it down huh? Good job little one, remind me to gather some meat for you later on."

In response to Mizuhi's comment about human females always wanting to get carried around FilFire scratches his chin, apparently considering the idea.

"I always thought that was because they're lazy. Or because they want to feel like nobility. Although for you the latter one wouldn't apply, since nobility doesn't have to pretend to feel like nobility. Not saying that I won't carry around if you feel like it though."

The lake is a very stretched out one, and quite big even though it's surrounded by mountains on all sides. Like Mizuhi already said it's very clear due to dragons having no reasons to dirty the water. What might also help is the large amount of frost dragons who are using it, and who most likely prefer to have pure water to turn into ice over something of lower quality. There are also a couple of acid dragons, while on the other hand no fire or lightning dragons can be seen. FilFire goes into a dive, landing at the edge of the lake and lowering Mizuhi and Thalassa into it. Around them the closest dragons make some space, quite probably because of the dark tendrils that are spreading out from FilFire and because it's quite obvious Thalassa is Mizuhi's hatchling. No dragon would ever try to do anything that could cause offence to a female dragon with her young nearby.

"I'm not the best judge of water, but this stuff looks good. Although I wonder if those acid dragons have hidden bubbles of their own creation under the surface."

Thalassa peeped happily as she was dangled in front of Filfire, the promise of more food was always something she looked forward to.

Mizuhi grinned, "I wouldn't call myself nobility, though I supposes I certainly act snobbish enough at times." She chuckled lightly and shook her head "No, no if you did that I suppose I would get very lazy myself."

As she was lowered into the water Mizuhi let out a relaxed sigh, "Ah, this is so much better than any other water I've been in for quite some time, filthy humans don't realize how far their corruption spreads." She seemed to almost meld into it.

Thalassa was busy splashing around and enjoying herself.

Mizuhi looked over a the acid dragons and shrugged, "I'm sure they know enough to not do anything that would cause harm."

FilFire

10-03-2014

Quote:
soulnight115:
"Already tried the priest," Afrien grumbled as Soul caught up with the two

"Hey the rockslide doesn't count we created it to get rid of those mutant birds!"

"We got buried alive in the process!" Afrien would retort, before turning toward Sarkin. "I'm bonded to a walking death magnet that won't get some heavy armor no matter how many times I him to

"It's cumbersome!"

"Anyway just make this coat as strong as you can make it, while we're we might as well get him a new set of climbing hooks and a retractable sword, because he broke the ones he had in that rockslide."

"... Could it be a good sword?"

"And yes might as well get him the best sword we can find around here"

"Really? What did the priest say when you told him about everything that happened to your disaster magnet?"

Sarkin's grin threatens to grow too wide for his head as he listens to the bickering between the white drake and the human following him. These two visitors are really amusing the lightning dragon to no end.

"Normally tactics to avoid mutant birds include finding small caves or holes in the ground. Bringing the mountain down on your heads is a tactic I have yet to hear off. Hearing about how it worked for you I can't imagine why. Although I'll give him that it's no fun if you constantly drag around something heavy."

Hearing about the additional equipment that would need to be replaced Sarkin looks up at the sky.

"Okay, first we'll see a tailor, then we'll visit the blacksmith. Although we can't give you the best equipment we have here. Those tend to have special properties that you can't use anyway."

Once back at the plaza Sarkin heads for one of the market stalls, leaning on the counter with one elbow Sarkin points at Soul with the thumb of his other arm while grinning at the merchant.

"Heya. This guy needs a new coat, since he just managed to blow his old one up. He's an unlucky fellow, so we'll be buying the most resilient coat you've got. And by resilient I mean as close as you can get to plate armour without actually using metal."

The merchant raises an eyebrow at the explanation, then adopts the smile common to all merchants talking to potential customers everywhere and nods. The merchant has a fairly heavy build, only accentuated by the rich clothing he wears, no doubt to impress customers. He has a red sash wrapped around the top of his head with gold embroidery, grey hair spilling out from underneath it at the back of his head and at the sides of his face.

"Certainly sir." Looking at Soul the merchant continues, accidentally showing off the pair of sharp canines the Blood Bond gave him. "After living with dragons for so long we have learned to make clothing that can shrug of any 'accidents' that might happen from time to time. However if you are that unlucky I would advise you to make an order for a special made coat. That way we can ensure it fits your needs. Of course this would cost a bit extra, but a good sir like you would certainly be able to afford it."

Quote:
TheOneTrueWaifu:
Thalassa peeped happily as she was dangled in front of Filfire, the promise of more food was always something she looked forward to.

Mizuhi grinned, "I wouldn't call myself nobility, though I supposes I certainly act snobbish enough at times." She chuckled lightly and shook her head "No, no if you did that I suppose I would get very lazy myself."

As she was lowered into the water Mizuhi let out a relaxed sigh, "Ah, this is so much better than any other water I've been in for quite some time, filthy humans don't realize how far their corruption spreads." She seemed to almost meld into it.

Thalassa was busy splashing around and enjoying herself.

Mizuhi looked over a the acid dragons and shrugged, "I'm sure they know enough to not do anything that would cause harm."

FilFire shakes his head in disagreement with Mizuhi, placing Thalassa on top of his head for the rest of the flight.

"You're a dragon, so you're automatically nobility. And you personally are still more noble than most dragons. After all, name one dragon you know who is just as graceful and beautiful as yourself."

He chuckles together with Mizuhi as she decides against letting him carry her everywhere.

"As you wish my lady. Although if you ever change your mind you know how to find me."

FilFire sticks to staying on the ground, apparently not feeling like getting into the water himself. Instead he just watches Mizuhi and Thalassa enjoy the pure water of the mountain lake.

"Indeed. The selfish pests have no idea how much their presence defiles the land they walk upon. Even I have more of an understanding of how my actions affect my surroundings. Although to be fair humans are not the only ones. If Gortavil ever were to visit this place he'd also defile it in no time, although with him that's just because he's a creature of decay and corruption. Should probably make a note to make sure Gortavil never visits your home. Or this place. Wouldn't be good for relations."

There do not appear to be any other young dragons at the lake right now, meaning that Thalassa basically has the lake all to herself to play with. Although FilFire is subtly making a kind of hedge underwater using his dark tendrils, trying to prevent Thalassa drifting too far away from himself and Mizuhi without her noticing that he's putting up the restriction. Should the little drake swim farther out she'd find that the further she goes the more difficult it becomes to go further, as if the water is becoming less fluid. However the way back to her parents would always be as easy as anything. Another way to prevent Thalassa noticing that she's being kept close is that the area FilFire is surrounding with his darkness is big enough that Thalassa would only reach the barrier if she is purposefully trying to swim as far away from her parents as she can. FilFire also looks at the acid dragons, measuring them for a moment before shrugging.

"You're probably right. The frost dragons would probably raise a fuzz if they noticed their water being filled with dangerous substances."

soulnight115

10-04-2014

Soul shrugged

"All the priest did was scream, make some weird incantation, and threw glasses of water at until we left the room. And to be honest the rockslide was a little larger then I intended it to be"

"You brought down half of that mountain and even without the giant boulders you still nearly killed two us with the amount of magic it took. And even after we survived it took us three days before we could even got out of bed"

Afrien would jump onto Soul's head just as they reach the tailor. As the two followed Sarkin inside they would look around curiously at all the merchandise in display. As expected the clothes were made suited for the residents of Arux; the cloth being loosely knitted to allow for air circulation and decrease wind resistance, while the backs of most of the clothing having slits in them that wings could fit through. There was really nothing the two were interested, other than that tiny blue sweater in the corner for Afrien, until the shopkeeper mentioned ordering for a special made coat.

"Well the coat should be fitting but not too tight"

"It should be sturdy enough to handle a multitude of different environments"

"I definitely don't want it to be stuffy and hot, I want the cloth to breathe"

"Yet it still has handle the harsh cold of the Freljord"

"Also give it a hood"

"Make it magic resistant, but still allow him to use magic without inhibition"

"And it should reach down to my thighs"

"Make sure it's something that he doesn't trip when he tries to sword fight"

"And finally it should be black"

"White"

"Black!"

"WHITE!!"

"BLACK!!!"

They would simultaneously turn their heads around and look at Sarkin. It would seem that they were expecting him to be the mediator of the current argument.