Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How, if possible to make a champion use a different set of lines

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FurryBomb

07-15-2014

So, I play Vlad a bit, and I enjoy him. Soulstealer Vlad is a beautiful skin that I plan on picking up once I am in possession of some spare cash, however, Vlad's base lines are horrible, and playing without Bloodlord Vlad to make the blood puns stop makes me want to strangle something. So what I was wondering is if it would be possible to, on my end, make it such that any Vlad skin used the lines from Bloodlord?

P.S. I do own Bloodlord, Soulstealer is just prettier.

CyberTootie

07-15-2014

This would involve modifying the game sound package by overwriting sound files with what you want. I have no assistance for you in that regard, but as far as I'm aware it is possible.

This would have to be redone every patch for as long as you want to maintain the behavior.

SynergyGarenNA

07-16-2014

you can delve into the game's sound package and find the exact sound files associated with vlad. Then replace them with you own sounds(naming them to be the same as the replaced file). And as long as their the same format it should be easy to accomplish.

But as said before this would have to be done every new patch. And some sound files just refuse to be changed. That said it is more than possible.

FurryBomb

07-17-2014

OK, so this is what I tried and it just made base Vlad completely silent so I can safely assume that I did something wrong or need to modify different files.
Found this file location through running a search for Vlad in my League directory:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_game_client_en_us\managedfiles\0.0.0.227\DATA\Sounds\Wwise\VO\en_US\Characters\Vladimir
Within this location is a folder named Skins and within that a folder with the name of Base and one with Skin05, assuming that Skin05 was the data relevant to Bloodlord I copied the files from that folder into the base folder, renamed the Skin05 to match the names of the base files and deleted the base files. In each folder there were 2 .BNK and 1 .WPK with the .WPK being the larger file. Restoring this file using the backup I made did fix the problem which leads me to believe that this is probably where I need to be.

CyberTootie

07-24-2014

If you are just copying the package from one skin to another, that's the behavior I would expect. The game client is going to be looking for specific files in the package it is expecting to be there. Think of the packages as ZIP files, and the game client wants to play say "vladyes1.ogg" from the package, and it's not there, nothing will happen. That's because the respective file for that sound from the other skin is named say "vlad05yes1.ogg" in that skin's package. Does that make sense?

You can't get around modifying packages with this endeavor.

Thoriahn

09-11-2014

See my thread on Purchasing Voice-Over for your Favorite Skins.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4858822

If you want something done faster... put some money on the table

Lets get this in-game ASAP!