Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperShadonic

06-03-2011

Its sad. I read this now. Cuz LoL recently crashes for many people and many people get temporary bans. I wanted to play but my weekend is ruined now cuz I got a 3 day ban even though I won my match for my team. I got the most kills too. 7/4/1 when they gave up. The client crashed and I reloaded but I was already considered AFK. The community was mad for implementing this. I mean what about HoNe and WoW and WC3 and DoTa. Why can't we be like them but no. And this is the 3rd consecutive time I'm getting a ban thanks to the new patchers crashing on me again and again.

Well sure Riot you said you can't fix our PC problem, life problems... ok.
WELL YOU CAN FIX the problem on your end can't you Riot? I'm not the onnly one, look at the amount of topics saying they got suspended due to crashes in the Help and Support Forum and you'll know. Please Riot, switch back to the old patching and client system. It had way less crashes.

WarmachineVWX

06-03-2011

they shuld tweak this a lot cuz a lot of people culd have bad experinse because of this

Mr Nekan

06-03-2011

I just meant it in a sense that if like, the majority of the players in the game you quit from reported you for leaving/afking, then the current system would track that and increase your leaver 'level' or w/e you wanna call it. That way it's a bit less harsh.. and doesn't need to go through the Tribunal

Eambo

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Quote:
FurryNekan:
I just meant it in a sense that if like, the majority of the players in the game you quit from reported you for leaving/afking, then the current system would track that and increase your leaver 'level' or w/e you wanna call it. That way it's a bit less harsh.. and doesn't need to go through the Tribunal

That could work. My only criticism personally would be that a lot of people don't report, they tend to just continue on or close the game. Or occasionally you may not get to the after-game area and you may not be able to report. Also this could mean a premade team of 4, plus the one leaver, the premade reports and the leaver gets suspended potentially even if it was a one off.

The last example is obviously unlikely if it's only increasing the level slightly, but it's still possible.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

06-03-2011

Quote:
FurryNekan:
If there's a system that auto-bans, is there no reason to waste time using the report button anymore after a game?

It seems pointless to have the autoban system alone..

What I think would work, is keep the system that records a leaver, but don't have that system do anything right away. Instead, the leaver would only be punished if the people in the game reported him after the game.

This way, people that have an emergency wouldn't necessarily be banned. You could just /all "Hey guys, something urgent came up and I have to go, I apologize." And that might be enough to keep the players from reporting. if not, oh well, you're getting banned.

It also would make it better for end game quitting. If your team has NO hope of survival, or vice versa in the sense that if your team is going to win no matter what and you really need to go, you could just quit and nobody would report, because they would say "Well they were screwed anyway."

But yeah, dunno if that would work or not, but it makes more sense then insta-banning no matter the conditions.
Unfortunately this may lead to abuse of the system you're asking for. For instance a troll group of 5 may just leave to give a free win to another team for the sake of their own entertainment; the other team isn't necessarily going to report the offending team for getting a free win.

Basically, it comes down to "did this player participate in this match?" If the answer is no, then the Leave points are added to the account. If they receive enough points, then they'll be suspended. You're not suspended for one leave, and you get a warning first--emergencies happen, yes we understand. However, if a player has a pattern of leaving or AFKing games, then he or she should be penalized regardless of the reasons.

Mr Nekan

06-03-2011

Also, if someone leaves, could you not just replace that player with an intermediate level AI?
I mean, ffs, anything but this system.
With the bot idea, if the leaver comes back, it just boots the AI out and the player takes control back. I seriously doubt that somebody would leave thinking that the AI would do better.
And if the leaver was just ragequitting, I'm sure that person's team would love having the AI instead of the noob that was already dying xD

Eambo

Recruiter

06-03-2011

Quote:
FurryNekan:
Also, if someone leaves, could you not just replace that player with an intermediate level AI?
I mean, ffs, anything but this system.
With the bot idea, if the leaver comes back, it just boots the AI out and the player takes control back. I seriously doubt that somebody would leave thinking that the AI would do better.

AI would be even worse than a leaver, because they would feed and be potentially useless.

Intermediate AI is awesome in a team of AI because they can 'talk' with each other, co-ordinate ganks, etc. - when you put them into a team of humans whom it can't understand or work with it becomes another feeding bot unfortunately.

Mr Nekan

06-03-2011

True on the bots feeding, but I'd be happy with it. Somebody else mentioned a system of another player getting to 'control' the basic movements of the AI. I think DotA did that but I'm not sure, haven't played it in forever.

Just seems too cruel to be like, "Oh, you wanted some extra IP and EXP for playing matchmaking, but a few instances of a bad connection unfortunately leaves you banned."

WarmachineVWX

06-03-2011

I AGREE with FurryNekan this system needs to be twicked before to many players get anoyed.....
funny how riot probably hasnt even taken one look at this yet

ALBVIk

Recruiter

06-12-2011

this is cra* kinda , one day someone will be bored of this "leaver buster" and will definetly hack it.....