Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Lyon

05-29-2011

Hey this LeaverBuster thing is pretty good(I'm New and found out about this after a week of playing). But I only found out about this after my friend told me. I highly suggest you put it somewhere on the front page of the game when you log in so that newcomers know this and don't Q_Q.

Iownyouharddd

05-29-2011

how long do I have to spend afking for it to count as a leave? I just got punished for a game where I dced but came back before the first major teamfight.

Eambo

Recruiter

05-29-2011

Riot do not disclose how long, because that would make it available for abuse. EG: If you knew it was 1:30 for example, users would abuse this 1:30 AFKing time.

Iownyouharddd

05-30-2011

if I play customs, would it get rid of the leaver status?

Titan Lordz

05-30-2011

i was playing a game with a couple of friends in a pre-made normal game and the whole game crashed for everyone and i got suspended for a week just because i d/ced 3 days ago too even tho i reconnected? this is a little to harsh i mean i love the fact that it stops people from just leaveing games without a penalty so people can just screw up games as they please just to be a jerk but its a little to harsh...

Ruinyan

05-30-2011

I was very far in the game and it was almost the end of the game when my dad called me for dinner. I asked if I could finish this game and he started yelling at me and all that. I was forced to go downstairs and eat and afk. He said if I didnt he would just take my laptop right now. So I went to eat dinner and I rushed back up but the game ended and I got suspended. I think this was a little harsh because either way I was forced to get off and it wasnt even by an internet connection. Some people might have something important to do real quick or have to do something real quick and I just don't think they should be suspended for it.

madwhiskey

06-03-2011

how do i know if im banned or not? when i click play it goes toa black screen, but on page one, it says that it would inform us if and when the ban was implemented when it would be lifted as well. i'll be honest, i have left some games recently to skype with pplz. my comp runs at a awful less than 10 fps with skype up

Eambo

Recruiter

06-03-2011

When you try to log in it will give you a suspension error with a date - if you do not get this, you are not suspended.

Mr Nekan

06-03-2011

If there's a system that auto-bans, is there no reason to waste time using the report button anymore after a game?

It seems pointless to have the autoban system alone..

What I think would work, is keep the system that records a leaver, but don't have that system do anything right away. Instead, the leaver would only be punished if the people in the game reported him after the game.

This way, people that have an emergency wouldn't necessarily be banned. You could just /all "Hey guys, something urgent came up and I have to go, I apologize." And that might be enough to keep the players from reporting. if not, oh well, you're getting banned.

It also would make it better for end game quitting. If your team has NO hope of survival, or vice versa in the sense that if your team is going to win no matter what and you really need to go, you could just quit and nobody would report, because they would say "Well they were screwed anyway."

But yeah, dunno if that would work or not, but it makes more sense then insta-banning no matter the conditions.

Eambo

Recruiter

06-03-2011

The after-game report is more intended for QQers, bad team players, or people who generally upset your game. You can also report for AFKing and Leaving, however no action is taken on that until there's enough reports for it to be considered a problem - in which case they're put in front of the Tribunal for further judgement. The reason for the "auto-suspend" so to speak is to take action as soon as possible.

If there was no system like this I could right now make a troll smurf account, and leave/AFK all my games. That could amount to maybe 5-10 games today I've ruined for fun. Then you report me, and it may not make the Tribunal for another week, or maybe longer? That's another week of me trolling, QQing and AFKing without any consequence. Then my account gets suspended and I do the same thing again, new account, new troll.