[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeke Highwind

12-17-2012

OK, so this one is stupid.

I haven't left a game, afk'd, or disconnected. Leaverbuster just came down and gave me a week ban.

Why?

Zeke Highwind

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3F VaJJ Gluten View Post
Hey i was playing a bot game and when i returned to the home screen there was a Youre account has been banned for inactivity and bugged out . i could still visit shop and friends but the pop up whas still there and when i clicked the close button on the pop up it closed my client and i was banned :/ I do have a screenshot of this for legitamassy but i want someone to check it out so i can get unbanned . I do think this may be because of the S3 patch . And this does give me reason to believe there is some updates needed as i was not afk in that game.
This is exactly what happened to me.

I was playing a game as Kat, lagged for a moment then the game went on as normal. Then I came to the home page and bam, I was banned.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Highwind View Post
This is exactly what happened to me.

I was playing a game as Kat, lagged for a moment then the game went on as normal. Then I came to the home page and bam, I was banned.
But the thing is, you won't get banned because of one leave. It has to happen multiple times.

Zeke Highwind

12-17-2012

I haven't LEFT any games is the thing. I afk'd once in a game. I had a disconnection stupidity another game.

I'm seriously considering quitting LoL if the system decides to ban me for no apparent reason.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

12-17-2012

Quote:
I haven't LEFT any games is the thing. I afk'd once in a game. I had a disconnection stupidity another game.

I'm seriously considering quitting LoL if the system decides to ban me for no apparent reason.
You've just answered why you got busted, though. It may seem like it's not fair but it's not really fair for players who have to put up with a man down, either.

The system is trying to punish players intentionally going AFK or leaving games.

Zeke Highwind

12-17-2012

The afk was due to lag. My ping went to 500 and for 10 seconds I wasn't doing anything. I then come back and I'm dead.

The disconnection I understand, but as you just said... But the thing is, you won't get banned because of one leave.

So if I won't get banned because of one leave because of a disconnection, and the lag didn't even disconnect me, just made me afk for 10 seconds while the lag spike happened, why am I banned?

Orcca

Wrenchmen

12-17-2012

Quote:
The afk was due to lag. My ping went to 500 and for 10 seconds I wasn't doing anything. I then come back and I'm dead.

The disconnection I understand, but as you just said... But the thing is, you won't get banned because of one leave.

So if I won't get banned because of one leave because of a disconnection, and the lag didn't even disconnect me, just made me afk for 10 seconds while the lag spike happened, why am I banned?
It takes longer than a minute disconnect or AFK leave to be marked for leaving. In fact it takes a majority of the match.

There's no one to really convince though. If you think the system is busted, you can tell riot but they don't lift bans, and their system is automatically rooting people out so it isn't any human error that causes it.

Zeke Highwind

12-17-2012

Thanks for all your answers. I'm still pretty pissed that the system can be bugging out, and I am quite disappointed I got banned for a week when I'm just starting to learn how to play Kat, but I guess a week is better than permanent.

Thanks again. And I hope this doesn't happen for anyone else, as this gets quite infuriating.

lunax3

12-17-2012

I have a life! Why should I be banned for that?

If you have a life, why are you on the forums complaining about a game then? Go and enjoy this illustrious life of yours!

But life happens omg parent having a heart attack (ex) ur so going 2 play league over helping them? no u help them.. theres alot u cant control ur not a god :/ p.s if u say games more important then that plz just quit

frost5

01-03-2013

hey,
when i connected to p.v.p the whole loading screen was black. when the game started everything was black except i could see the health bars kinda. i think i found the problem but by time i did that i got banned. the worst part is i just spent $20.00 on skins and didnt even get to use them before this happened.