[FAQ] Leaverbuster Info

12345612 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkKat48

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2011

Will playing custom games and not leaving help build up so in case you do get a DC or what not? Also will this system still be used for the new player vs bots system coming out? Even lets say all players involved DC for whatever reason (bad storm, emergency, mutually agreeing to end the match) or will the ban-hammer still strike its fury for ruining the bots fun?

Wrenchman Golin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Wrenchmen

02-07-2011

Custom games against bots do not count as a game that can penalize you for a leave.

And yes, playing a long string of games without leaving will earn you more IP and lowers your leave "level."

DarkKat48

02-07-2011

Yeah but soon the co-op games are going to be out and I believe from all that I'm reading it is more then just a 'custom game against bots'

DarkKat48

02-08-2011

This thread really should get stickied, as more and more people get banned some simple info about the creature banning them is nice. I didn't see a suggestion box and know Wrenchmen can't tweak it, but might as well toss it out there anyways since I see no better place to put it. I understand the need for a banning system be it DC, frustrated leave, ect...but I think a tweak to allow these players to play custom games and even more importantly training games to improve themselves could take the edge off of being 'banned' for whatever reason. I think that solo training game against one opponent, if expanded slightly with maybe a small creep spot / brush and access to all heros bought / allowed for free rotation as well as the shop items just makes simple sense with a game that has such a steep learning curve. The large 5v5 even alone is just a bit too big to enjoy with minions pushing and what not down three lanes. Just my 2 cents.

Eambo

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKat48 View Post
This thread really should get stickied, as more and more people get banned some simple info about the creature banning them is nice. I didn't see a suggestion box and know Wrenchmen can't tweak it, but might as well toss it out there anyways since I see no better place to put it. I understand the need for a banning system be it DC, frustrated leave, ect...but I think a tweak to allow these players to play custom games and even more importantly training games to improve themselves could take the edge off of being 'banned' for whatever reason. I think that solo training game against one opponent, if expanded slightly with maybe a small creep spot / brush and access to all heros bought / allowed for free rotation as well as the shop items just makes simple sense with a game that has such a steep learning curve. The large 5v5 even alone is just a bit too big to enjoy with minions pushing and what not down three lanes. Just my 2 cents.
I thought I'd mentioned it in the FAQ, but custom games do not give leaves/losses, so they are what I recommend when having network issues.

As for your query on Player vs AI: I'm not sure. If the bots are really as good as they say, then it sounds like you'll need your whole team to play, so it's possible that leaves might be implemented. But this is speculation, I don't know myself.

DarkKat48

02-08-2011

Your FAQ was clear Eambo, was just a suggestion tossed out there for people who are already banned by LeaveBuster. It just sucks sitting here having to wait till the ban lifts before I can play custom games or what not. I understand the need for it, had to try to explain it to my roommate last night. Being blocked from normal / ranked games makes perfect sense though. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my previous post. Thanks for the response.

Eambo

02-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKat48 View Post
Your FAQ was clear Eambo, was just a suggestion tossed out there for people who are already banned by LeaveBuster. It just sucks sitting here having to wait till the ban lifts before I can play custom games or what not. I understand the need for it, had to try to explain it to my roommate last night. Being blocked from normal / ranked games makes perfect sense though. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my previous post. Thanks for the response.
Ah okay, sorry :-) I thought it was directed at me, not others hit by LeaverBuster. It's unfortunate that this is required, however it has certainly reduced the amount of leavers around the place, and a majority of people would agree that it does more good than harm.

DarkKat48

02-08-2011

I agree 100% with you on that, being an old DotA player I know how being down one or two can cripple a match. Just hope in the future temp banned players are allowed to play customs / possible future matches against bots to help improve themselves while they serve their penance. I think it would douse some of the frustration then trying to log in and seeing 'you are banned'

Silver salvation

02-08-2011

I've been playing for x < 3 days and barely have Any games under my belt and with the server crash last night I kinda got lawl face trolled when I saw the leaver status.

I get why this was added to the game and it's a cool system, but with 10 games on my record I can't even stop to help my choking grandma until I have more games.

XP PinPin

02-08-2011

sir how can i get my percentage.?

i have 600+ games and 45+ leaves...

how can i percentage that.... can u teach me?

12345612 ... 37