Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Player bots in normal games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hentai Baka Desu

07-14-2014

Today, I was playing a 5vs5 Dominion game, and I got mad at a teammate for being afk in a match. Turns out he was just lagging really badly, and I told him he should've just told us he was having difficulties instead of appearing afk. He told me that we were the only 2 real players in the match, implying that chatting in the team chat would have been arbitrary. Obviously, I was really confused. But looking at the team matchup roster thing, EVERYONE but me and him had ghost and heal as side abilities. Also, everyone built berserker's grieves, except for us two. And they were much easier to kill than normal players; it almost felt like I was playing a beginner bots game. As for the reason why there are bot players? My teammate said it was for referrals or something.

So after that game, I started looking out for more of those player bots. I played a lot more 5vs5 Dominion after and most of the games I've participated in today were composed of mostly bot players. It's so weird that I never noticed before, how obvious it was that there was a trend going on. It really makes me wonder how many games I had played in the past that were composed of all bots without noticing I was playing alone the entire time. I don't think a lot of people realize they are playing with bots.

But yeah, it's ridiculous that most of Dominion queue is taken up by bots and maaaaybe people should notice more (if people don't already, maybe I'm just really late in being informed). So watch out for bot players in Dominion. It feels so empty when I'm the only player in a game......

Hypnos8

07-14-2014

I didnt even read all the post because i know how this works, and it has been happening from a long time now on. Well, play and win some games, and your MMR will go higher. When this happens, you will never see those bots again

Tiropat

07-14-2014

wait.... isn't this some kind of automated post? I could swear I have read this exact same post like 3 or 4 times.

GeneralStan

07-14-2014

Quote:
Hypnos8:
I didnt even read all the post because i know how this works, and it has been happening from a long time now on. Well, play and win some games, and your MMR will go higher. When this happens, you will never see those bots again

sad but true

playing out of bot-elo is now the dom initiation

Marasm0

07-14-2014

Pre lvl 30 bots in dom are a common sight. Just try and go premades till lvl 30.

wolferer

07-14-2014

Riot needs to remove referral rewards. People will advertise the game without them, there's really no reason to keep them.

Ideally a way to satisfy the needs of people who have legitimate reasons to smurf would be good too.

FDru

07-14-2014

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with referrals. People don't run these things for nothing, they run them for money. Fresh level 30 accounts sell for 30-40 dollars, accounts with lots of IP on them can sell for much more.

If this game was actually free to play, instead of grind horribly to play then this "issue" wouldn't exist.

Hentai Baka Desu

07-14-2014

They should do something about it. I'm not saying they will ever see this post and actually take action, but it would be nice not to play with bots for once. It makes my matches feel so empty and creepy.

I understand now that I'm millions of years late in realizing this.

squirrls

07-14-2014

Quote:
FDru:
If this game was actually free to play, instead of grind horribly to play then this "issue" wouldn't exist.

It is free to play, and grind horribly to play everything, but it isn't a pay to win game. It could be worse (could be better if runes and champions were more realistic to get).

Quote:
Hentai Baka Desu:
They should do something about it. I'm not saying they will ever see this post and actually take action, but it would be nice not to play with bots for once. It makes my matches feel so empty and creepy.

I understand now that I'm millions of years late in realizing this.

I would imagine that RIOT is aware of the issue. How important and/or easy it is to fix is what is the issue.

SircomKase

10-04-2014

I think they if they just took the leveling system out all together, and made runes cheaper the bots would seriously decline. I mean people don't play for the grind they play for the fun. People get bots to get threw the grind.