Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community Discussion - Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Tristana

09-14-2014

Quote:
SerpantsEmbrace:
When we have the rule cemented, then we can discuss specific cases. The outcome of this rule will effect the outcome of that situation.

I'm not quite sure if determining that case ex post facto would be very good either...

Kuronan

09-14-2014

Quote:
Warden of Wards:
I honestly don't know what you're trying to disprove. I never said all new comers are terrible. I said history has shown most of the time champion profiles are tossed around, changing hands multiple times for a while before settling into the hands of someone that keeps them for a long while. I'd rather we avoid that if we can and not put veterans up for immediate expulsion like we're trying to do and have done.

Which brings me to my next point:

While I agree with the proposed ruling, what of the current case of Diana V. Diana? Are we going to give it to Ask the Skorned or let the current Diana keep her profile?

You attempting to discount Krizonar because she's such an amazing roleplayer and has not been here for a year, and then telling her she doesn't count as an argument because she's so good, is what I am trying to disprove. Counting all newcomers as bad is what you were trying to do before I told you Krizonar is the reason why I'm calling your argument for her being an Exemption rather than an Example is a fallacy. We were all new at some point, even you can't deny that.

I actually WANT to see cycling of Champions that are popular, so that we have more examples of how a Champion can be portrayed and have many fun interactions along the way. If we all had the same Swain, the same Nocturne, and the same Maokai from when the forums began I think things would get boring very quickly because everyone would have already done everything they wanted with a Champion. New Champions liven things up, add flavor into the mix, and yes some will leave rather quickly, but I like having new people show up and start roleplaying a Champion because I think that's fun.

You don't have to agree with me (Hell, I don't see eye to eye with you in the slightest but I'll still put up my weak house of cards I call a Case and put it on display for you) but I want new people cycling a Champion if only to keep things interesting.

And to the last bit... Like I said before, I'd like the New Diana to take the role, but as both Swain and Viktor I won't have much interaction with Diana anyway so either way this does not affect me enough to start leading a Crusade.

Warden of Wards

09-15-2014

Quote:
Kuronan:
You attempting to discount Krizonar because she's such an amazing roleplayer and has not been here for a year, and then telling her she doesn't count as an argument because she's so good, is what I am trying to disprove. Counting all newcomers as bad is what you were trying to do before I told you Krizonar is the reason why I'm calling your argument for her being an Exemption rather than an Example is a fallacy. We were all new at some point, even you can't deny that.

I actually WANT to see cycling of Champions that are popular, so that we have more examples of how a Champion can be portrayed and have many fun interactions along the way. If we all had the same Swain, the same Nocturne, and the same Maokai from when the forums began I think things would get boring very quickly because everyone would have already done everything they wanted with a Champion. New Champions liven things up, add flavor into the mix, and yes some will leave rather quickly, but I like having new people show up and start roleplaying a Champion because I think that's fun.

You don't have to agree with me (Hell, I don't see eye to eye with you in the slightest but I'll still put up my weak house of cards I call a Case and put it on display for you) but I want new people cycling a Champion if only to keep things interesting.

And to the last bit... Like I said before, I'd like the New Diana to take the role, but as both Swain and Viktor I won't have much interaction with Diana anyway so either way this does not affect me enough to start leading a Crusade.

I'm still not completely sure what point you're trying to make against me saying Krizz is an outlier, which she is.

I have not said all new comers are bad. I have never implied that. I said, as I will say again if we have a good roleplayer that isn't sitting on their champion, has been here for a while (stability), replies consistently (timeliness), and as generally good skills (RP), we shouldn't be so eager to oust them over a discrepancy like this.

And so you think it's better to have a mixbag of RPers changing in and out of their roles, some of them terrible, some of them amazing, and some of them average, for fear of seeing the same face twice? Really? I can hardly believe anyone actually desires to constantly have to restart their relationships, their founded stories, their canons, with each new iteration of the champ. Don't you see how offputting that is to interact with a champion, with anyone, especially when it's long and thorough, detailing a lot of ground, just to up and drop it? Like that? So anticlimactically, so frustrating? You really don't think that's a terrible thing that people can't keep faith that they're not bound to lose pages of script they poured themselves into in the blink of an eye because we'd rather choose mass variety over stability?

Kuro I'm not asking us to pool all the champs together then divide 122 characters between 4 people. I just want consistency for me and everyone else that's ever taken hours at a time thinking up their headcanons, of all their pairings, relationships, friendships, interactions, stories, ideas for various champions so they feel stable. So they don't fear logging on one day to find out the two-month long scenario they've come home everyday to continue isn't just dropped because some people wanted to oust the current champion RPer out of his/her position.

Do you not have any consideration for those people? I get the importance of new comers. I get it, I do even if it seems like I'm on a pedestal decrying any new blood like some nationalist keeping foreigners out of his country.

alright extreme comparison, but still. But in defense of veterans being treated like their work doesn't give them honorary credit for being so attending to the forums, in defense of the longstanding threads they've set up and all their adventures and all their headcanons that they clearly took a long time to formulate because they've been so interested as to stay here for such a long time, I stand against binary principles that lack feasible outcomes. In defense of those they RP with, aforementioned people looking to interact with their favorite champion, setting up RPs that ooze their creative hearts and minds, I will turn my nose up any time someone wants to try a witchhunt in the name of rules.

Kuronan

09-15-2014

Admittedly I'm going to bed after this but I'll reply to your post now...

Quote:
Warden of Wards:
I'm still not completely sure what point you're trying to make against me saying Krizz is an outlier, which she is.

I have not said all new comers are bad. I have never implied that. I said, as I will say again if we have a good roleplayer that isn't sitting on their champion, has been here for a while (stability), replies consistently (timeliness), and as generally good skills (RP), we shouldn't be so eager to oust them over a discrepancy like this.

And so you think it's better to have a mixbag of RPers changing in and out of their roles, some of them terrible, some of them amazing, and some of them average, for fear of seeing the same face twice? Really? I can hardly believe anyone actually desires to constantly have to restart their relationships, their founded stories, their canons, with each new iteration of the champ. Don't you see how offputting that is to interact with a champion, with anyone, especially when it's long and thorough, detailing a lot of ground, just to up and drop it? Like that? So anticlimactically, so frustrating? You really don't think that's a terrible thing that people can't keep faith that they're not bound to lose pages of script they poured themselves into in the blink of an eye because we'd rather choose mass variety over stability?

Okay, how do you think I feel about Darius, LeBlanc, and Irelia, all dropping their characters? I feel somewhat annoyed, that several days of interaction just up and died on me. But I get over it, and I feel even better because now I have someone NEW to have NEW interactions with.

My view is admittedly biased... the LeBlanc before this one, did less than the current one, and was a hell of a lot less active. I had to get her off her butt to agree to help me with The Black Rose Closed Roleplay I eventually dropped because she wasn't going to contribute and I had too much going on to organize the whole thing and write a proper story.

But I get over the fact I lost my interactions with LeBlanc and Darius, and I'll roleplay with the next person to pick up Irelia, because I don't let myself get too boggled down by these things. So I lost some interactions... NOW I GET NEW ONES! And don't think I haven't lost people I wish I hadn't... I was sad to lose Darius and Sjach dropping Irelia will greatly impact my roleplay involving an Ionian Peace Treaty because I relied so heavily on her character.

BUT I'LL GET OVER THAT and roleplay with the Next Irelia and we will see what happens through natural story progression.
Quote:
Kuro I'm not asking us to pool all the champs together then divide 122 characters between 4 people. I just want consistency for me and everyone else that's ever taken hours at a time thinking up their headcanons, of all their pairings, relationships, friendships, interactions, stories, ideas for various champions so they feel stable. So they don't fear logging on one day to find out the two-month long scenario they've come home everyday to continue isn't just dropped because some people wanted to oust the current champion RPer out of his/her position.

Do you not have any consideration for those people? I get the importance of new comers. I get it, I do even if it seems like I'm on a pedestal decrying any new blood like some nationalist keeping foreigners out of his country.

I have barely, if any consideration for people unwilling to accept the necessary change brought forth by enforcement of rules and regulations enacted to prevent Stagnation. So the champion you were roleplaying with has left... Well, that sucks, because all of your roleplays with them are essentially invalid, but at the bright side you now have a NEW person to roleplay with, a NEW person to share experiences with, a NEW person to tell NEW stories with.

And I like being able to do that, to be able to have new experiences with another roleplayer to weave a tale we may both enjoy. That's what roleplay is, and I would rather go through a revolving door and get new people than tell a story once, sit there awkwardly, and then leave when there's nothing else to do.

This is especially the case of New Roleplayers, because I'm not going to sit there and read all 500+ pages of Riven's old thread to relive tales of people that have long since come and left the forums all together.
Quote:
alright extreme comparison, but still. But in defense of veterans being treated like their work doesn't give them honorary credit for being so attending to the forums, in defense of the longstanding threads they've set up and all their adventures and all their headcanons that they clearly took a long time to formulate because they've been so interested as to stay here for such a long time, I stand against binary principles that lack feasible outcomes. In defense of those they RP with, aforementioned people looking to interact with their favorite champion, setting up RPs that ooze their creative hearts and minds, I will turn my nose up any time someone wants to try a witch hunt in the name of rules.

As much as I disagree with you (and admittedly, how much I HATE you outside of the forums) you have a perfectly valid right to oppose my platform. So does everyone, Tsaa included.

But as a person who values the rules we have attempted to set upon ourselves, I will continue to defend the rules as best I can (even when I suck at actually making a good argument like Cassiopeia can) and seeing them (reasonably) enforced upon everyone.

Ryugi Kazamaru

10-04-2014

Bumping this for relevance to current discussions on the Boards