Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Community Discussion - Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

07-14-2014

Quote:
AsktheThornmage:
Define "excessive use of profanity"

Angry you is effectively the exact definition of what constitutes "excessive profanity."

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that.

@Kuronan

I can add something pertaining to OCs, and or change the time limits on champion claims, but I don't want to touch champion claims without Kamiel ruling in on it. That's his territory.

All I'm doing is trying to catalog everything and make changes where applicable. OC limits should probably be outlined too, but I'm hesitant to touch on that because we have things and persons like FilFire, who will just ignore them anyway.

People wanted a list of rules, and that's what I'm trying to do here.

FilFire

07-14-2014

Quote:
Ask Zyra:
It has been previously established that Fil is a Bastard (there I used your freakin insult for yourself). the pure fact of the matter is people like that just don't care about rules. As it is I barley do.

First off, I would like to thank you for using the proper term. I appreciate it.

Second, I don't follow Rules of Stupid. Unfortunately most of the people here think that some Rules of Stupid are actually good rules.

Also, I don't believe in the idea that rules are absolute in any situation.

The Ball and Ori

07-14-2014

I'm sure it's no surprise, but I'm of course interested in the 2 champions rule. Now I'm done arguing for or against it at this point...I've stated my case. I just want to be sure the community wants this rule in place, and that there's no exceptions, and then I will follow it.

Also, and I know I said I didn't want to state a case here, but there are always available champions, albeit less popular ones. There's really nothing stopping someone else from coming on in and picking up Galio or Maokai or Pantheon or Zilean if they want a champion. But I do agree with hogging champions being seen as unfair...

AsktheThornmage

07-14-2014

Quote:
Warden of Wards:
Isn't it quite clear that a majority, and even if you insist that it was a slight majority, made it known that we don't mind AOD keeping his four champs? In that, the Rule of Two is still being hotly debated and frankly shouldn't be established quite yet.

Or at least to add an exception to the rule under the principle that those who have shown exceptional talent/ability in upholding their load are allowed more...

It wasn't a majority. It was a split. Also, AOD rigged the poll anyway. There should have been only TWO options, not 5 with 3 just being troll picks.

Ask ZedV2

07-14-2014

Quote:
Tyrant Swain 2:
I was more addressing the FORMER Yi who stalled his own replacement for WEEKS despite how little he roleplayed at all.

They do not say, 'And still do.' If you are talking about the former yi and not the current one.

Warden of Wards

07-14-2014

I really really think there needs to be an exception to that 'Rule of Two'. We had a fair vote and should use AOD's case as a precedent. Either to respect veteran RPers that can handle the extra champions or to raise the limit. To ignore his case is to outright dismiss the opinions of upwards of 80 people....

Ryugi Kazamaru

07-14-2014

Quote:
Warden of Wards:
Isn't it quite clear that a majority, and even if you insist that it was a slight majority, made it known that we don't mind AOD keeping his four champs? In that, the Rule of Two is still being hotly debated and frankly shouldn't be established quite yet.

Or at least to add an exception to the rule under the principle that those who have shown exceptional talent/ability in upholding their load are allowed more...

That's why I stated this was a rough draft. Everything I've stated there is, effectively, exactly how things are run now, or should be run now according to the current guidelines.

Changes are what we are here to discuss. I don't at all agree with AOD or Tsaa keeping more than 2, especially Tsaa given that he broke his grace limit of 3. AOD is a recent thing, but still falls under the same category.

Luckily for everyone involved, we now have a means to make real changes to the guidelines via polls, and a requirement for those polls to reach before they can be accepted. 2/3rds majority is almost exactly the same as bills proposed in the US system of government, though they sometimes use 3/5ths instead. 3/5ths, though, is easier to see visually, as it is effectively 60% of the total voters.

Tyrant Swain 2

07-14-2014

Actually Viktor, I'd say 3 picks, 4, 3 or 2 would have been much more decisive. But the vote did end up pretty weird (with members of 'Community 2' voting as well as a few people that never seriously roleplay here.)

My stance has changed and I am glad AOD agrees as long as this is enforced. And I promise you AOD... If you aren't allowed any more than the rules state, no one else is either.

Warden of Wards

07-14-2014

Quote:
AsktheThornmage:
It wasn't a majority. It was a split. Also, AOD rigged the poll anyway. There should have been only TWO options, not 5 with 3 just being troll picks.

It was a near 50 percent lead between 'Keep all four' and 'Down to two, no exceptions'. And how are the others troll picks?

Leo the yordle

07-14-2014

Quote:
AsktheThornmage:

RIGGED THE VOTE!? Do you even understand what that means?

He voted once. Even with that vote discarded, there were still more in favor of him keeping 4 than there were wanting him to drop down to 2.