Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Essence reaver buff idea's? =D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

07-21-2014

Quote:
JustMyBassCannon:
when you sit down and think before writing a reply

You have way too much faith in proven morons.

ItsStout

07-21-2014

Quote:
BodkinsOdds:
I want it to be absolutely necessary. If it wasn't supposed to be absolutely necessary then why didn't Essense Reaver give MP5 to begin with?

Because riot has no idea what forbidden idol is, and it had no mp5 in the recipe. Imagine if warmogs gave no health regen, but had the passive. Wouldn't make sense.

The5lacker

07-21-2014

Quote:
ItsStout:
Because riot has no idea what forbidden idol is, and it had no mp5 in the recipe. Imagine if warmogs gave no health regen, but had the passive. Wouldn't make sense.

If you want to get technical, Warmog's LOSES its health regen as it's a unique passive, which means if you build a second the regen doesn't exist.

BodkinsOdds

Recruiter

07-21-2014

I'm willing to accept that the reason being because this is the same rito that decided to nerf AP Nid by buffing bruiser Nid, but you will have to explain to me what exactly is wrong with an item that gives damage, life steal, and mana on hit being upgraded to an item that gives damage, life steal, mana on hit, and cooldown reduction.

EDIT: What do you mean rito has no idea what Forbidden Idol is? It's part of the recipe for Ardent Censer which was introduced in the same patch as Essence Reaver.

ItsStout

07-21-2014

It has a bad buildpath, and the only viable one that requires little work gives it that in return for less AD.

The5lacker

07-21-2014

Quote:
BodkinsOdds:
This was a serious question, not merely rhetorical. They could have simply given Essense Reaver MP5 from the get go, but instead they gave it a brand new mechanic that only rewards aggressive play. If MP5 was appropriate for what this item was meant for, then why doesn't it already have it?

I'm willing to accept that the reason being because this is the same rito that decided to nerf AP Nid by buffing bruiser Nid, but you will have to explain to me what exactly is wrong with an item that gives damage, life steal, and mana on hit being upgraded to an item that gives damage, life steal, mana on hit, and cooldown reduction.

EDIT: I wrote this while the other replies were still being posted.

Essence Reaver ALREADY GRANTS COOLDOWN REDUCTION.

Can everyone just leave the thread until they know what ****ing item we're talking about Jesus Christ...

BodkinsOdds

Recruiter

07-21-2014

Quote:
ItsStout:
It has a bad buildpath, and the only viable one that requires little work gives it that in return for less AD.

Okay, so the Vamp Scept > Mana Reaver > Essence Reaver is a bad build path? Okay, you could have led with that. What's bad about it, the cost? The fact that it still uses B.F. Sword? I only kept that because I didn't think rito would lower the damage again so soon after buffing it.

Quote:
The5lacker:
Essence Reaver ALREADY GRANTS COOLDOWN REDUCTION.

Can everyone just leave the thread until they know what ****ing item we're talking about Jesus Christ...

I know Essense Reaver already gives cdr, I was refering to my suggested build path.

Wait, did everyone think I was talking about the current build path? That would have been ****ing moronic.

ItsStout

07-21-2014

Because it creates an unnecessary item that already has others that do its job. Tiamat and Phage are the same way.

AeroWaffle

07-21-2014

I also think Riot should change the combination items, right now the build path is identical to BT. For all other end items, you can get a general idea of which one the enemy is trying to build by looking at their small items. By looking at the enemy build path, you can get some sort of insight of how they intend to play.

BT supports a defensive playstyle, ER supports ability spamming. Two very different playstyles. Not to mention that some stats magically appear on ER without the minor items to support them (CD and mana regen passive).

I'm all aboard Forbidden Idol + Pickaxe + Vamp scepter. And either add mp5 + remove a little AD, or just have the mp5 disappear on combine to make room for the new passive.

BodkinsOdds

Recruiter

07-21-2014

Quote:
ItsStout:
Because it creates an unnecessary item that already has others that do its job. Tiamat and Phage are the same way.

I guess that makes sense, but I still don't like the idea of adding MP5 to the finished Essence Reaver. By the time you complete Essense Reaver you're already getting enough mana per hit to keep your mana bar more than half full at all times. MP5 on top of that would be overkill. I don't suppose either of you were proposing to have the unique passive replace the MP5 on the finished item?