Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Essence reaver buff idea's? =D

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poke Burst Kill

07-11-2014

So, as we all know, Essence Reaver is a terribad item. So, hear me out while I attempt to make it viable.

Essence reaver now builds "Mana reaver(New item =D)" and vamp septer.
Mana reaver builds out of a pickaxe, long sword, and two(2) faerie charms.

Now let's look at the numbers.

Mana reaver:
Build path: Pick Axe, Long sword, double faerie charms.
Total cost: 1650 gold Combined cost: 55 gold
40 AD
Unique passive; Essence Drain: Upon auto attacking, or landing a single target spell, 2-10% of the damage is returned as mana. This effect increases depending on how low your mana is.

Essence reaver:
Build path: Mana reaver, Vamp scepter
Total cost: 3200 Combined cost: 750
80 AD
10% CDR
15% lifesteal
Unique passive; Essence Drain: Your basic attacks drain 5% of the targets current mana. (You will always restore AT LEAST 30 per hit.)
Unique active: Drains 15% of the targets maximum mana and reduces the cooldown of all your basic spells by 1 second, while INCREASING the cooldown of all of their basic spells by 1 second. (60 second cd)

Well, guys. Tell me what you think. I think I MIGHT have gone slightly overboard. Maybe. Idk. Tell me what you think.

Supernukes

07-12-2014

Essence Reaver is ~probably~ an item specifically created for Sivir, and shouldn't be used on much else

Lord Dusteon

07-12-2014

First off, it seems really weird you build an item out of mp5, then don't give it mp5.

Second off, no. Why would you put any mana drain. Mana drain is completely stupid. If you hit a mage, great, you did nothing to their mana pool. If you hit a tank, or bruiser, or anyone not itemizing for mana, great, you made them useless.

The5lacker

07-12-2014

Mana drain is a mechanic that does not exist for a very important reason, and you seemed to have taken Riot's "Less just completely replace BT" policy to heart.

TheComedian80

07-15-2014

I dont agree with the mana draining suggestion, but it do agree with the idea of having a base item that supply mana as receipe item: charater like gangplank make great use of this item and could benefit greatly if the item could generate a bit of mana earlier (lowering the combine cost and including faery pendants into it (a la Tiamat) could be a way to do it, rather than have the damn thing just be a cloned route of a bloodthister build)...

Lachd

07-15-2014

I love this sugestion of a Mana drain item that builds out of pickaxe but i feel it should only cost about the same as upgrading a longsword to a vamp scepter so it would be like

Long Sword 360g - Vamp scepter 800g
Pickaxe 875g - Reaver 1325g
Pickaxe 875g

All combined is 3000G so an exta 400 gold for the final combination brings it to 3400

the item would gain 20 damage from the final combination and the CDR so the final stats would be the same as the current one with the exact same cost but you get what you need from it sooner

80 damage
10% life steal
10% CDR
UNIQUE Passive: Restores 2-8% of the damage dealt by basic attacks as mana. The effect increases based on missing mana.

My thoughts on the current rework is that all it achived was pushing back the mana regen (Almost) the whole points of bulding the item another whole 750g thats almost a pickaxe in and of itself thats why I think its a good idea to just make it out of them instead of a BFF sword

Olath Quortek

07-16-2014

I actually just suggested a build path very similar to what KATARINA OR AFK suggested on a different thread, however, I don't think mana-drain will ever work in league. It is too harsh on mana-dependant champs and too useless against mana-less champions. The cooldown effect on the active was interesting but I don't think that will ever fly either.

I say keep the Essence Reaver the same as it is in patch 4.12. The stats are acceptable; it is as AD efficient as Bloodthirster with 10% CDR to compensate for the 10% less lifsteal and gives you mana instead of a shield. They're comparable.

I do however think they should change the build path. It currently build the exact same as a Bloodthirster, which isn't necessarily bad but feels like it lacks variety.

I'd suggest making a new mid-tier item similar to Bilgewater Cutlass to replace the B.F. Sword so that the Essence Reaver builds more like a BotRK than a Bloodthirster. This mid-tier item could be the "Mana Reaver" that was suggested earlier although I think it should build out of Vamp Scepter and be the core item of the Essence Reaver's build. I'm thinking it would give some AD and Lifesteal, obviously, and then maybe some CDR and half as much mana restore.

Lachd

07-16-2014

Yeah rethinking it my idea was still pretty flawed i'm currently leaning more twords just building the mana item out of a longsword like a vamp or the idea of just making it out of a vamp itself but being able to build one or the other first sounds better if you have a healer support like Sona or Sorka

Emmerlaus

07-17-2014

I thought of a new recipe for Essence Reaver to make it usable:

Forbidden Idol - Vampiric Scepter - Pickaxe

===

This way, you can build Forbbiden Idol to resolve the mana-hungry issue in early game. It would make the item so much better this way.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

07-21-2014

Quote:
Venowolf:
The problem with the Forbidden Idol is that give "MP5" and Essence Reaver don't grants this.

"The problem with the suggestion is that the item doesn't grant this stat."

The problem with the item is that it doesn't grant MP5.

P.S. Yes, I know the trick of deleting and re-posting. It's getting a bit annoying now.