xp quints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atimatik

01-23-2011

I'd see these as super strong for any page. If you can out level your opponents you can out damage and really change the game early.

Anyone have some tips on this? Any experience with xp quints?

Arecanderu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

I suposse some people preffer an early game (lvl1) avantage and thatīs why get flat hp quints, or late game avantage (any scale per lvl quint) but I like mov speed quints with some heroes for the utility

Amatzikahni

01-24-2011

You will never be more than one level ahead of your lane opponent(s), so if that one level really means a lot to you, go for it. Also, consider that by hitting 18 your quints become worthless, so any game you play you need to win before hitting the level cap.

It may be nice for gankers that get very low CS and hardly lane, but often I find that other quints are more valuable for fighting than having a slight stat advantage with one more rank of an ability.

There has been a lot of discussion relating XP quints with Zilean, but I don't know the math behind those. I'd say they all revolve around early game champs that can get 20 team-kills by the 15 minute mark to snowball the nexus by ~20 min.

kingluken

01-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatzikahni View Post
You will never be more than one level ahead of your lane opponent(s), so if that one level really means a lot to you, go for it. Also, consider that by hitting 18 your quints become worthless, so any game you play you need to win before hitting the level cap.
even a third of a lvl up on an opponent can be an easy kill if they dont know whats happening. you engage in a battle that looks favorable for the enemy, but you know u are lvling faster and that next minion to die grants you an ult over your enemy. so u quickly rank up the ult mid battle and destroy the enemy lvl 5 champ. he respawns walking back out only to find you are now 2 lvls ahead of him and that is more than one. i would also like to point out that many runes become obsolete at the end of the game, add 15 ap to 600, any regen from runes, any health or mana come on; that basically says all runes excluding % (crit, atk speed, move speed, cd, penn) are worthless. the advantage you gain from gold earned early game in combination with the handicap of fallen enemies created partly by an advantage your runes gave you will carry on until a nexus explodes where the base effects may not. xp runes have their place.