Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked VS. Normal/Team Builder: Is Normal Easier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lexer

07-10-2014

I am a Silver 5 player, and in ranked I tend to play like the rest of the silver 5s. In ranked matches, I win 50% of the time with other players between B3 and S3. In Normal/Team Builder, I win a little more than 50% of the time, and I tend to play against high silvers up to low Plats. So my question: Is normal easier?

qreamy vagboob

07-10-2014

If you are playing against them, you are also playing with them. Thus having a good chance at having better people on your team that outweigh the people on theirs, if that makes any sense.

The Lexer

07-10-2014

Quote:
2qreamy:
If you are playing against them, you are also playing with them. Thus having a good chance at having better people on your team that outweigh the people on theirs, if that makes any sense.

Yeah I get this, but I feel like I am playing just as good/better against the golds than against silvers and people of my own rating. When I play, I feel like I am in Silver 5, but when I play normal, I feel like I could be in Gold.

Matthias9119

07-10-2014

Quote:
The Lexer:
Yeah I get this, but I feel like I am playing just as good/better against the golds than against silvers and people of my own rating. When I play, I feel like I am in Silver 5, but when I play normal, I feel like I could be in Gold.

The more likely explanation is that those high-ranked players are either chilling out and not "tryharding" in Normal matches, or they're practicing champs/roles they're not as good at (this is very likely in Team Builder) or experimenting with new builds, etc.