Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Concerning Ping Issues and Bugsplat/Cannot connect to Server Error

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApepItsirk

07-10-2014

I am here to discuss about two unrelated issues I have with this game. Although I do not experience any ping spikes in game I do notice that there is sometimes a delay in activating my abilities. I also have experienced my character freezing and jumping into another place after a short time frame almost as if trying to catch up to the commands one made right before the dc. This issue seems to extend to just pure latency issues for some people and it seems to me that it is getting worse. Ping is indeed an everlasting problem. However, this delay in activating abilities seems to be an awfully new issue. I can imagine it is connected to ping issues however at the same time this delay only applies to activating abilities not character movement. Perhaps there was something wrong with my keyboard or hotkeys however checking both I found that these two are not the source of the problem. Lastly when this delay happens my recorded ping in game seems fine and consistent.

The next issue I would like to bring to your attention is, what seems to me, a bit rarer. Now this is a issue that has been extended over many patches. Some patches the issue does not exist all together while at others the issue only gets worse. When one chooses to start a game, the screen turns black as if should to go to the loading screen. However there is no blue swirling cursor to suggest loading and the player portraits are non existent. One then obtains a bug splat error. The game has crashed and one must try to reconnect again. A variation of this issue is the pop up "cannot connect to servers." Sometimes players, me included, obtain both. It takes a long time of persistent restarting and doing more reconnect attempts to get in game. I enter the game at around 6-10 minutes in. However, oddly enough, this happens the first time I play a game for that day. This means that I have this issue once per day pretty much. The current solution is to let the issue persist but let it happen in a bot game or custom game or something like that.

I hope you found this informative and I hope you take a read at this and provide some insight on these issues. I don't expect solutions immediately just acknowledgement that these are in game issues and you are looking into fixing it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApepItsirk

07-10-2014

Bump