Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Recent Losing Trend: Teammates Not Closing Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MicKretz

07-10-2014

Hey guys,

Just looking for opinions for my recent losses IN RANKED that i tend to see a trend. Despite my recent 2v5 game, i been mostly losing games cuz we have the opportunity to take game changing objectives OR do a baron and end the game, HOWEVER, my teammates of late rather choose to PLAY LEAGE for longer and longer until we lose the game.

Like....its worst then a gambling addict, they just wanna play with the lead and get kills over and over as opposed to just end the game at 25-30 mins when we easily could.

ANY ONE been in this situation over and over and can offer me advice to help my teammates be more WIN/OBJECTIVE FOCUSED? or is this just a curse of solo que ranked?

CountPain

07-10-2014

Unfortunately, failure to realize when it's time to close a game is a major problem in both Bronze and Silver, as well as the lower divisions of Gold. Most people can't easily recognize the signs of a sure win if they push a certain objective or win a teamfight at a certain point in the game. So, they go back to farming lane or clearing the jungle, because it's what they're familiar with. It's something they can do alone, instead of relying on their teammates to back them up and finish the game as a team.

You wouldn't believe the amount of times I've seen a great early lead thrown away in the late game, but I've also been on the opposing team and felt the thrill of a major comeback. It's just one of the things that happens in the lower elo tiers, and after a while, you can usually tell how a game is going to go pretty early on. Most of the time, if I see my team is winning early, I know to watch at around 20 minutes. If we continue pushing down towers at that point, it's a good sign, but if we start looking for kills, we'll throw that game 80% of the time.

IPlayTenors

Recruiter

07-10-2014

Unfortunately teammates not closing games happens to even the best of players. What I tend to do when my teammates are not willing to end the game is I be the loudest person in the room (metaphorically). What do I mean by "loudest person in the room?"

Here's an example of how I made my teammates end a recent game: (me): "TAKE THE MID INHIB AND END", "****ING GROUP AND END", and calmly, "guys we need to end before we throw"

You need to shotcall and you can't just start shotcalling late into the game. Ping ALOT and do your part to end games as quickly as possible (before your teammates even know they're ahead).

I don't like to shout (or whatever the caps lock equivalent is) but sometimes it's necessary to be the solo queue team leader. Remember to type "Towers/Inhibs>Kills" as that will often times remind someone that this is an objective and team based game. It might be rude to CAPS LOCK ORDERS TO EVERYONE but I can guarantee that your eyes gravitated to the capitalized words very quickly and your teammates will notice them too.

CyanoPirate

07-10-2014

I would say just ping a lot and be polite. What I like to do is point out why we need to win. Reminding your team that you're playing against jax or nasus is sometimes enough to encourage them to siege up and take the game. If you just yell and curse and say it needs to be over, that's not very convincing to certain personality types; approach it like a discussion, not a command. I often say "shouldn't we end this before nasus gets any bigger and can 1v5 us?" or "I think we could've ended there. Next teamfight, let's try to take nexus afterwards." Even with all that, though, sometimes, you're just going to be out of luck.

League is a team game, so if your teammates aren't smart enough to know to end the game, you will likely lose. That's just part of it. There isn't a rank at which you win every game that you played well. You're going to lose some because of your team, and there's nothing to be done about it except shrug it off and keep playing. Or shrug it off and play something else. I'm a believer in taking breaks from team games. Sometimes it's just too infuriating, and that's what you have to do.