Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Atmas Impaler Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supernukes

07-22-2014

I think you guys are going about Atma's wrong, still trying to tweak around its broken concepts.

A nice MR equivalent, of what I think the new Atma's should be (forget those ADCs a moment, they have enough options), is Maw of Malmortius.

The Maw gives MR, AD, and carries forward the hex drinker shielding concept which it builds from.
The Maw of Malmortius is beautifully balanced, neither too powerful or too weak, yet situationally very useful and a perfectly valid item to build.

I would envision an AD/Armor item loosely based on the Maw. Flat stats and a flat unique passive with a flat internal cooldown. Scaling a mechanic, any mechanic really (i.e., how HP is on Atma's now), is posed to the risk of item builders such as you who is reading this to experiment with the concept of "min/maxing", which can lead to exploitation. Gross explotation. Stat stackers and other gimmicks. This is why the AD scale from HP is so tragically low, because to raise it opens up some very scary Volibears. So why wait? Stop the scaling madness today!

Just slap some AD, Armor, and a passive that creates a physical shield when below xx health, and let it be the Maw's doppleganger? Forget the crit. Forget the HP scale. Forget the old Atma's.

The5lacker

07-22-2014

Quote:
Supernukes:
I think you guys are going about Atma's wrong, still trying to tweak around its broken concepts.

A nice MR equivalent, of what I think the new Atma's should be (forget those ADCs a moment, they have enough options), is Maw of Malmortius.

The Maw gives MR, AD, and carries forward the hex drinker shielding concept which it builds from.
The Maw of Malmortius is beautifully balanced, neither too powerful or too weak, yet situationally very useful and a perfectly valid item to build.

I would envision an AD/Armor item loosely based on the Maw. Flat stats and a flat unique passive with a flat internal cooldown. Scaling a mechanic, any mechanic really (i.e., how HP is on Atma's now), is posed to the risk of item builders such as you who is reading this to experiment with the concept of "min/maxing", which can lead to exploitation. Gross explotation. Stat stackers and other gimmicks. This is why the AD scale from HP is so tragically low, because to raise it opens up some very scary Volibears. So why wait? Stop the scaling madness today!

Just slap some AD, Armor, and a passive that creates a physical shield when below xx health, and let it be the Maw's doppleganger? Forget the crit. Forget the HP scale. Forget the old Atma's.

Champions who deal physical damage to not function in the same way as champions who deal magical damage. They're functionally different. They do not function the same. At all.

So, why should two items designed to counter the two of them function the same? That's a ludicrous idea, and you're a lazy, uninspired moron for suggesting that like it's a good idea.

Melvear

09-29-2014

Armor and crit don't go together. Crit is an assassin or adc stat, armor is a tank or bruiser stat. To have an AD/Armor item that's fonctional and desirable, you can't mix those 2.

Have an item build from pick axe + chain vest. 30 AD, 50 armor, unique active: Impale target champion, causing X% of your maximum health in physical damage over 5 seconds. The bleed effect reveals the target for its duration.

There you have it, an AD/armor item with stats that a bruiser would want, and an HP scaling damage component that has a use (anti-juke) outside of just pure damage.

Venowolf

09-30-2014

At least put HP in his recipe and increase % of total hp:

Stats:
+200 HP
+45 armor
+15% critical strike chance

Passive UNIQUE: You gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum health.

Item cost 2500g (580g)

Chain Vest + Avarice Blade + Ruby Crystal + 580

This turn the item more viable and also grants extra +4 AD by the 200 HP.

If you have 5000 HP you gain +100 AD so is a fair priceinstead the actually +75 AD with 5000 HP