Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Atmas Impaler Idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cFlame

07-09-2014

The Atmas Impaler gives ad based on total health, what if instead it gave attack speed? This would work great on Renekton building his furry, or Aatrox healing, and Tryndamere going tanky. 2% of your maximum health is added on as attack speed. This would proc more of Frozen Mallet, and Black Cleaver.

ItsStout

07-09-2014

I don't think you understand the problem with Altma's.

The5lacker

07-09-2014

Yeah, gotta proc more Frozen Mallet, gotta proc that non stacking slow as many times in a second as you can.

For Frozen Mallet's passive to have a 100% uptime you need an attack speed of 0.667. I don't think there's a champion in the game other than maybe...Nautilus who doesn't reach that by themselves at level 18 or earlier.

cFlame

07-09-2014

Quote:
The5lacker:
Yeah, gotta proc more Frozen Mallet, gotta proc that non stacking slow as many times in a second as you can.

For Frozen Mallet's passive to have a 100% uptime you need an attack speed of 0.667. I don't think there's a champion in the game other than maybe...Nautilus who doesn't reach that by themselves at level 18 or earlier.

I'd imagine that teammate or player was terrible of they didn't slow them or stun them. You don't move across units when you make an auto attack, and enemies can take advantage of that.

TheRottenCrow

07-19-2014

i think they should just give it an active that doubles its bonus crit and AD stats. without trying, by level 18 your gonna have atleast 35 bonus AD, although hopefully closer to 40-50. the active would give you 70 bonus AD and 30% crit chance, which is a decent chunk of damage.

if you actually build for it, it could be devastating on the right champion

ItsStout

07-19-2014

The problem with Altma's is not its DMG...

Its the HP to AD ratio.

Lord Dusteon

07-20-2014

Quote:
Venowolf:
At least put HP in his recipe and increase % of total hp:

Stats:
+200 HP
+45 armor
+15% critical strike chance

Passive UNIQUE: You gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum health.

Item cost 2500g (580g)

Chain Vest + Avarice Blade + Ruby Crystal + 580

This turn the item more viable and also grants extra +4 AD by the 200 HP.

If you have 5000 HP you gain +100 AD so is a fair priceinstead the actually +75 AD with 5000 HP
So with this item, it gives armor and a decent amount of hp, along with crit chance and free AD. I fail to see how this wouldn't be bought on literally every bruiser ever.

Neowolf24

07-21-2014

My number 1 issue with Atma's is the fact that it gives critical hit chance at all. Atma's shouldn't be used as a bruiser item, bruisers don't benefit stack as much health as tanks do. It is an item that is built to give tanks a source of damage. Garen is really the only true tank that even benefits from crit chance, since Judgement can crit. A lot of tanky champions (Darius, Jarvan IV, Rammus, Volibear, Warwick, and Wukong) have very limited use for crit chance other than boosting auto attack damage. For most of these guys, this would be the only crit item they would even have (except for the occasional Statik Shiv, which is really more of a bruiser item anyway.) This means they would only have a 15% crit chance, which really doesn't help much. I like Venowolf's idea of granting health, it makes it much more useful for tanks. My concept for Atma's Impaler will make it more expensive, but it will also make it a much better damage option for tanks. Basically, I am tossing out the crit chance and giving it health instead. This makes the item much more useful to tanks while making it less useful for bruisers, many of whom need a nerf anyway *cough Jax *cough.

Atma's Impaler

Chain Vest + Giant's Belt + Pickaxe + 305 gold (2900 gold)
+400 health
+45 armor
Passive Unique: You gain attack damage equal to 2% of your maximum health.

Venowolf

07-21-2014

Quote:
Neowolf24:
My number 1 issue with Atma's is the fact that it gives critical hit chance at all. Atma's shouldn't be used as a bruiser item, bruisers don't benefit stack as much health as tanks do. It is an item that is built to give tanks a source of damage. Garen is really the only true tank that even benefits from crit chance, since Judgement can crit. A lot of tanky champions (Darius, Jarvan IV, Rammus, Volibear, Warwick, and Wukong) have very limited use for crit chance other than boosting auto attack damage. For most of these guys, this would be the only crit item they would even have (except for the occasional Statik Shiv, which is really more of a bruiser item anyway.) This means they would only have a 15% crit chance, which really doesn't help much. I like Venowolf's idea of granting health, it makes it much more useful for tanks. My concept for Atma's Impaler will make it more expensive, but it will also make it a much better damage option for tanks. Basically, I am tossing out the crit chance and giving it health instead. This makes the item much more useful to tanks while making it less useful for bruisers, many of whom need a nerf anyway *cough Jax *cough.

Atma's Impaler

+400 health
+45 armor

So your idea is change the critical by HP and also increase the AD bonus passive. I don't think that this work's because with the new Spirit of Ancient Golem and building items that grants HP(Spirit Visage, Warmogs, Randuins etc) a champ like Volibear or Mundo can reach 6000 of HP and gain 110 of free AD so a bite of the bear ot masochism of Mundo is so ridiculos pwr. I like the idea to remove the critical but I don't know if replacing by Hp is a good idea.

17inchcorkscrew

07-21-2014

Quote:
Neowolf24:

Atma's Impaler

+400 health
+45 armor

[sarcasm]... because bruisers loved Atma's for the crit chance[/sarcasm]