Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do I lose more Lp than I gain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bright Red Hats

07-09-2014

So i hit promos for Silver 1 and lost them, so i get 80lp. I win and get to 97 lp, but then the next game I lose and fall to 77 lp. What does lp depend on? I have over a 51% win rate which leaves me confused :O

Delete Teemo

07-09-2014

That means your MMR is lower than Silver 1, but you league hasn't caught up with it yet. If you keep a good W/L ratio in silver 1, this will go away

Bright Red Hats

07-09-2014

Quote:
Delete Teemo:
That means your MMR is lower than Silver 1, but you league hasn't caught up with it yet. If you keep a good W/L ratio in silver 1, this will go away

That kinda makes sense, but I'm silver 2 xD

Delete Teemo

07-09-2014

Quote:
Bright Red Hats:
That kinda makes sense, but I'm silver 2 xD

oopserino

DieFleeRetreat

07-10-2014

Essentially, riot thinks that you're overrated, so they're pushing you down via LP, since they're trying to silmultaneously give you a 50% win rate, so that you will continue to enjoy playing the game.

The alternative would be to continuously lose to people that you're rated similarly to, which would be a really disheartening game.

(I just wasted like a full minute of my life writing this post. Lame.)