Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High MMR ARAM Stream

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

What is a Wolf

07-09-2014

Please read before doing anything silly like clicking the link.

This is an educational stream I decided to do during my summer break. I started streaming from my main account but due to long queues, it wasn't convenient enough. Additionally, I have received feedback that some people would like to know how it's like to climb up solo queue games. So I decided to start over and give it a try.

I didn't want to start a brand new account from level 1 since I would be way higher mmr than 1200 by the time I reached level 30. So I am using a very old account of mine that has a mmr of 1130 that I will use to slowly climb up the elo ladder and go through what you guys would normally go through. This account has a whole bunch of bad champions and bad runes, so it's not tailored towards aram games at all. I will be solely solo queue'ing and since it's a level 30 account with almost 0 aram games, it's a fresh start.

I will be streaming the games and also help educate my viewers on what's going on and how to deal with certain situations. Once the stream is over, I will save and make a playlist of the videos I have created while streaming in order to have them archived for your viewing pleasure if you missed it/want to re-watch them.

Here is the link to the live stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/wulflol

Here's the direct link to the playlist of all my past games:
http://www.twitch.tv/wulflol/profile/pastBroadcasts

I will be posting in this thread whenever I start the stream. I will interact with my twitch chat if you have questions o just want to chill.

Tips you can expect from the stream:
- Itemization (masts/runes/item sets)
- In-game and post-game analysis
- Advice about the role of each champion I roll and what should be the game plan
- Interaction with teammates

What is a Wolf

07-09-2014

I am now streaming ABAM games. Feel free to join them!

amorasaki

07-09-2014

Do you find that the queue time is longer when you have multiple people/premade? I'm sure at that high of an MMR, the matchmaker will have to make compromises and you'll end up playing with people who are less likely to win. Sort of like how people at the bottom will always be facing better opponents, you might always be facing worse ones.

Unless you're playing against the same people literally every time, which may be the case if it takes 10+ mins every queue.

What is a Wolf

07-09-2014

Quote:
amorasaki:
Do you find that the queue time is longer when you have multiple people/premade? I'm sure at that high of an MMR, the matchmaker will have to make compromises and you'll end up playing with people who are less likely to win. Sort of like how people at the bottom will always be facing better opponents, you might always be facing worse ones.

Unless you're playing against the same people literally every time, which may be the case if it takes 10+ mins every queue.

My queues are shorter when I premade. Whenever I solo queue, I never get a game before a wait of at least 50 minutes regardless of the time I queue at.

amorasaki

07-09-2014

That's insane. I watched your stream for a bit; ABAM seemed pretty noob-stompy so I got kinda bored. Since your ARAM queues are so long, you would probably have more viewership by just recording and uploading those matches to youtube.

Yugheriz

07-09-2014

you forgot to mention sick 9k+ elo urgot plays in your expectation list

What is a Wolf

07-09-2014

Just started a full premade queue for ARAM. Come join us in the 40 minute wait :O Good music and many insults included.

Quote:
amorasaki:
That's insane. I watched your stream for a bit; ABAM seemed pretty noob-stompy so I got kinda bored. Since your ARAM queues are so long, you would probably have more viewership by just recording and uploading those matches to youtube.

You are 100% right. However there is no reason to all hang out at the same time :P But I will upload the important games we come across on youtube.
Quote:
Yugheriz:
you forgot to mention sick 9k+ elo urgot plays in your expectation list

I bad X_X

What is a Wolf

07-10-2014

Queue'ing up for some solo queue aram. Join me in my 30 minute queue!

edit: alright after 1 hour of wait I have decided that I should only stream after 18h00. Otherwise queues don't pop and it's just wasting everyone's time.

rfken310

07-10-2014

Quote:
What is a Wolf:
Queue'ing up for some solo queue aram. Join me in my 30 minute queue!

edit: alright after 1 hour of wait I have decided that I should only stream after 18h00. Otherwise queues don't pop and it's just wasting everyone's time.

Why not play a smurf that's at a lower MMR? Almost no queue time, and you'd have lots more to talk about mistakes made by people in the game, and strategies to carry. I think that would be very educational. I would love to see how climbing Elo is done by a high MMR player.

What is a Wolf

07-11-2014

Quote:
rfken310:
Why not play a smurf that's at a lower MMR? Almost no queue time, and you'd have lots more to talk about mistakes made by people in the game, and strategies to carry. I think that would be very educational. I would love to see how climbing Elo is done by a high MMR player.

I considered this in the past but didn't end up doing it for several reasons:

1- When you first start playing aram, the first 50ish games are complete stomps since I don't get matched against players in my own mmr, so there's nothing to learn from or gain in those games.

2- Once those 50ish games are played and managed to keep a high winrate, I go back to hour long queues just so they queue tries to gather as many players as possible that are around the same mmr as me (usually aram smurfs). The problem with this process is that it takes about as much time to find a game as if I would queue on my main.

3- THEN after I go against other smurfs and still managed to keep a high winrate around lvl 15, this is where my queues just stop popping. GrosPigeon once mentioned in another thread than I once had a 9 hour long queue on my EUW smurf. He didn't lie. I want to play but I just can't; my queues don't pop.

The only solution against this would be to dumb me down and purposely lose my games to maintain a winrate of 50-60% while staying in the same mmr. But even so I doubt people would like watching me when I'm not trying my best since this is for educational purposes. I'll try to figure something out.