[Guide] Being A Better Teammate: Don't Be "That Guy"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzuDuzanra

01-15-2010

nicely done, and no its not long

forcibly jamming common sense into people usually takes way longer

Rosham

01-15-2010

The one thing I cannot abide by from "that guy" is when he starts badmouthing teammates, especially early in the game. One, you may actually be grouped with some noobs, they need help, not harassment.

I always get a bad feeling about a match when a guy starts being an ass during champion select. "we better win" and "I hope you guys don't suck" are sure fire ways to set me off. At that point, my goal usually switches from winning the game to making "that guy" miserable. I try to play well enough where I can back up my heckling, but I'll die a couple of times while taunting him.

I suspect my method of dealing with "that guy" isn't the most constructive.

RokPaprBazooka

01-15-2010

another thing to note is those players who do not use needed abilities during battle because they need it for their last hit. An annie on our team refused to use any of her moves during any fighting situation until a hero was below 15% hp. Hate that ****. Her excuse for not using her abilities any time else- "need to secure it, dawg."

NukedWhale

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by servedogg View Post
Don't be "That Guy" goes both ways. LoL is a new game with tons of new players still learning the effective tactics. Unless you only play 5 man premades you will end up with a less experienced player on your team occasionally. Give helpful and constructive criticism.

Nobody tries to die or tries to feed the other team, but it will happen. There is nothing more pointless for an experienced player to say than "don't die" or "stop feeding."
I agree with you, but I'm not sure if you're agreeing with the original poster or posting criticism. The original poster does have a section called courtesy which talks about things like this.

Sadness Assassin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

@Rosham - Sometimes we just can't help ourselves. =D

@FeignFeign - That might be a good idea to add to the guide. I'll work on it.

@servedogg - Thanks for your insightful comments. I'll expand the Not Dying to include more helpful suggestions to avoid feeding/dying often. I'll also add more to the courtesy guide concerning constructive criticism.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

i wanna be that guy. the one who is passionate about winning, who tries hard to rally his team. the one who shows his care his team and stands first in line against the enemy army. the one who sacrifices himself for the sake of his allies. the scapegoat, the leader, the savior.

so you die. so you feed. so you get flamed. you're still the hero.

Sadness Assassin

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
i wanna be that guy. the one who is passionate about winning, who tries hard to rally his team. the one who shows his care his team and stands first in line against the enemy army. the one who sacrifices himself for the sake of his allies. the scapegoat, the leader, the savior.

so you die. so you feed. so you get flamed. you're still the hero.
The one who's passionate about winning, rallies the team and cares for them, and stands hard against the enemy isn't that guy. He's a hero. What you write here i don't consider to be that guy. Whenever I charge into a team fight with Sivir, I tend to get targeted quickly and go down in a blaze of flaming glory. Sure, I rack up deaths, but since I did my best and help our team gain victory it's not a bad thing. So trust me when I say, you don't want to be "that guy".