Rune Pages, worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Final Momento

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-23-2011

Are the extra rune pages worth it? if so how many would be required?

Petrichor1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2011

imo not really, have one rune page be caster, one be melee based, one jungle you should be fine

if u have 6300 ip sitting around with all champs unlocked than go for the extra rune page

edit: I am just waiting until Riot wins another contest and hopefully they will give us another free rune page.

xDesertRainx

01-23-2011

They're great if you play ranked extensively, and even if you don't I suggest you get at least three.

One for jungling, one for a DPS carry, and another for AP champs. I've set up my jungle runepage so Tanks can use it as well.

If you were around since a few months ago, Riot gave out a free runepage to everyone so people who've played since before then should have three anyway.

Jaghut Tyrant

01-23-2011

yea, they really are worth it, once you have alot of runes and really specific rune setups for certain champs. it's wildly helpful to have at least a general caster page, a general attack damage page, a mana-less champion page of some sort, a jungler page with attack speed + armor/or armor pen. it's not essential (you could win without runes, or with ridiculous rune pages), but it will def. give you that small edge

you can win games by being able to play a variety of champs/roles, and if you wanna play those champs IN STYLE, youre gonna need several rune pages

RVz

Recruiter

01-23-2011

Depends who you played LoL. If you want to play for fun, you don't need the pages, but if you want to become like the best player than yeah they are great.

Darkdays

01-23-2011

depends on how many different types of champions you play and how specialized you'd like them to be. For example, if you want to play Akali and Rammus often, you'd need two completely different rune sets. If you stick a Kennen there, you can use Akali's rune page set, OR you make one of his own. That's 3 pages. You can then set off to the caster part where you play Annie, and she would require a whole other set of runes to play effectively.

Basically depends on how different the characters you play are. If you generally stick to one type however, say, tanks, then you usually won't need more than 1 or 2 rune pages.

midiout

01-23-2011

I got annoyed with having to completly remake a page everytime I wanted to play a different champion that didn''t fall into my general 3 pages.

So I bought the 7 page bundle.

Legendariez

01-23-2011

While I haven't bought extra rune pages, I do think they are necessary. Maybe not 7 but at least 3 more. For example, I have a standard ArP Marks/Mana Seals/CDR Glyphs/Health Quints, MrP Marks/Mana Seals/CDR Glyphs/Health Quints and AS Marks/Flat Armor Seals/CDR Glyphs and Health Quints....

First rune page allows me to play most casters in the game, in fact i could probably play all casters with just CDR and MrP. Although, let say you play Vlad, or Akali, Kennen or Katarina? Where does my mana seals go? To waste....

Same thing with my second page, I could play almost every melee/ranged ad carry with just ArP and CDR. However, some may be soo squishy and not much benefited by CDR when you could carry MR per level glyphs. What about mana less ad carries? Tryndamere or Garen comes to mind (or even just released Renekton).

What about jungle pages? What about tank pages?

It all depends on how broad your champ selection is and how many roles you play.

ZergHydra

Master Recruiter

01-23-2011

the 7 page bundle is very worth your money compared to buying champions / skins.

in terms of money to RP ratio.

Sythion

01-23-2011

I'm starting to see why I tank every game...