Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it rude to call roles in ranked queue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ukhai

07-08-2014

I can play any role in ranked, though I prefer support. I'm socially awkward and don't call support because I'm afraid of seeming mean to others.. then others call support and I have to play a different role.

I'm thinking of calling support for ranked queue but I always have this innate fear of coming off as rude. Do you guys care if people call roles?

Koi Nami Only

07-08-2014

I think just saying "support pref" would be the best bet as it shows that you prefer a role but people won't try to call you out for "calling a role" (albeit most people don't even play support).

Ukhai

07-08-2014

Quote:
Koi Nami Only:
I think just saying "support pref" would be the best bet as it shows that you prefer a role but people won't try to call you out for "calling a role" (albeit most people don't even play support).

Thanks! I'm in ranked queue and it just worked. You gave me confidence. It wasn't that bad after all...

Koi Nami Only

07-08-2014

No problem friend!

PeJaY

07-08-2014

You probably already know this, or maybe you don't Idk but you are not going to come off as rude for calling a role. More importantly, there isnt really a thing as "table manners" in league or online specifically. Things you do either dont matter or make you seem like a giant dick such as saying gg easy or being racist. There is no inbetween. Its not like in real life where your actions, gestures, and manners are judged. Be confident.

Redamntion

07-08-2014

Yeah, it's helpful to your team to let them know what role you prefer, and gives you a better overall chance to win. As Koi said, it's not so much a "call" as it is letting them know your preference.

I typically start ranked differently depending on pick order.

ie.
I'm first or second pick: "pref mid > jung"
I'm 3 pick: "pref mid > jung > top"
I'm 4th or 5th pick: "pref mid > jung > fill"

If you're a later pick it will provide some relief to let your team know your willing to fill. But it is also helpful for them to know what you're good at. Say some early pick is equally skilled at adc and support. They see you say "pref support > fill" as last pick. Then they know to pick adc.

Simply preceding your comment with "pref" or postfixing it with " > fill" does wonders to get things off to a good start in champ select.

Echo5kw

07-08-2014

There's nothing wrong with saying what you prefer to do, just don't be a ******bag about it.

"mid pref, will fill whatev" is my typical sentence in champ select, and seems to, in general, go over fine.

"i'm going mid because my last 3 mid laners just fed hard and sucked" is a great way to get someone to troll you. don't go that route.

Here2Stay

07-08-2014

I just say "anything but support, unless I get Blitz"

ElectroBlade

07-08-2014

It's more helpful to the team if you call a role so people know what you're good at.
What would really be rude is saying stuff like "supp or feed" or getting angry at people if someone takes support.

Koi Nami Only

07-08-2014

Quote:
Here2Stay:
I just say "anything but support, unless I get Blitz"

*proceeds to hook minions* lol (or at least I would if I played blitz ;p)