i got banned because my computer crashes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihatenamingday

09-03-2012

well i got banned because my computer crashes and then the games thinks i left on purpose. yes sometimes i have to go afk because i put my life over a video game but most of my "leaves" are my computer crashing. however it never happens on my internet it happens when i go to a friends with my laptop. usually the screen freezes and my computer makes a weird noise like when you get bad reception on a tv. my computer will not respond to anything and i have to take the battery out so it disconnects from the game. is there anyway to lift the ban if you have been experiencing technical difficulties. thanks

MrGutWrench

09-03-2012

unfortunately there is no way to know if someone's leaving is for technical problems or not.

ihatenamingday

09-03-2012

i guess it's time to make another account. i still wish they would make it so if somebody has a valid excuse they don't get banned.

Arcanition

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

Your computer crashing repeatedly is not a valid excuse. Think about it, is it fair to your team to have to go 4v5 because you won't fix your computer?

Crashing occasionally is understandable, and the ban system gives you several chances with no repercussions. If your computer crashes so frequently that the system is banning you, then you deserve it, sorry.

ihatenamingday

09-03-2012

wow it really is true that the LoL community are a bunch of pretentious *******s. don't you get it it is not my fault that my computer crashes. lol i should fix it? 1 i'm not a computer genius 2 i don't have the money to get a better laptop. 3 and i do reconnect but the disconnect still counts against my record. 4 i guess you would feel alright if you got banned for multiple computer fails. 5 if i should fix it do tell me computer genius what i should do. 6 yes it is fair because it would be unfair for me to pay 400$ so others can enjoy a game.

ihatenamingday

09-03-2012

and before any body says anything i did get carried away by calling you a ******* and pretentious sorry

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

You don't get it, do you?

Regardless of WHATEVER reason you had to afk, walk away, computer crash, etc, you're not playing the game. That means that 9 other people are in a negative position because of YOU. 4 of them are out of a team mate, and the other 5 are no longer having a fun, competitive match because they outnumber your allies.

It doesn't matter if your computer crashed, you had to go eat, or your cat is on fire... either way, you afk'd, and you're creating a negative experience for 9 other people, and that just can't be tolerated. There is never a valid reason for leaving or afking during a match; if it happens rarely, you won't get banned, but if you got banned, then you're a frequent offender.

ihatenamingday

09-04-2012

i'm not playing competitive and what so if i need to perform "There is never a valid reason for leaving or afking during a match" lol so i should leave people my dog to starve or piss all over the place because of a game. and it can't be tolerated that my computer crashes and causes me to go afk for 5 mins before i reconnect so what 9 people have to deal with a negative experience for 5 mins so i can get my computer back online. guess what people creating negative experiences for others happens in big corporations all the time and it's for thousands of workers having to go work 70 hours a week on 7.80$ an hour you don't see them getting banned. and also i have frequent computer crashes which leads to the ban. others should be able to deal with 4v5 pub matches while i reboot my computer. i have afked once or twice but it seems you're telling me to deal with it so why can't others deal with it for five minutes? lol i was right the LoL community really is full of narrow minded idiots. i mean it doesn't take much to see whether a guy was afk vs having technical issues just based on time you can tell if someone went afk disconnected reconnected or just left. afk about 20 mins a leave the whole game, and technical issues: disconnecting reconnecting multiple times disconnected reconnected in 5 mins all it would take is a simple program to weed out the liars and idiotts

Ridley

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenamingday View Post
so i should leave people my dog to starve or piss all over the place because of a game.
Not to sound like a 'pretentious' ******* as you would put it, but couldn't you do all those things before you start a game? I have three cats and they get fed at regular intervals. Likewise I know people with Dogs who play this game and they never have had that trouble.

Also if you know your computer is crashing all the time, don't do a normal or ranked game of LoL. Do a Custom or a Bot game. You're ruining experiences if you're knowingly going into game with a chance of disconnecting. Hell when I had my internet access being really bad, all I did was Bot games and some custom games.

Crevox

09-04-2012

Quote:
so i should leave people my dog to starve or piss all over the place because of a game.
Yes actually, this game demands that of you. When you start a match, you set aside the next 20-60 minutes for a game of League of Legends. If you leave during that time, then you are abandoning the game and you deserve to be punished.

Don't play if you can't stay and play. That's all there is to it.