Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hextech Sweeper.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Quote:
JedditeFTW:
Actually, I did specify why the items are balanced.

You mentioned it being switched from an AP item to tank item. That has literally 0 to do with the passive that I'm saying should be removed. That means again, you're not talking about balancing the item. You're ignoring the whole point of why I dislike the passive.

Lastly keep being toxic. I'm sure that will get you so very far in the game...

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

Acutally, I did mention why it was balanced: because it's one item that offers counter-play to stealth and traps in the absence of pink wards. Again, you're so emotionally invested in your Bronze V tirade that slipped past you. Or maybe it didn't slip past you and you're just doing exactly what I said you were doing: ignoring any rational for the why Hextech Sweeper is balanced because YOU LOST A GAME and you're going to cry your little eyes out until Riot removed trap-/stealth-detection items (they won't).

Since I'm so generous, I looked up the match you're crying about. Your team was all AP against a bruiser-heavy team. And the Thresh on the other team has the presence of mind to build a Hextech Sweeper. So you lost because a bruiser-heavy team built magic resistance and you refused to change your strategy when it became apparent that covering the lane in mushrooms wasn't going to work for your team. But your brittle nerd ego can't accept that -- so here you are, crying about the Hextech Sweeper. Pointlessly, I might add.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Quote:
JedditeFTW:
Acutally, I did mention why it was balanced: because it's one item that offers counter-play to stealth and traps in the absence of pink wards.

They can keep the active but the passive is too op. It's literally a NEVER ending pink. That's not a "counter" it's a "I'm to bad to walk around where they placed shrooms. So I'm gonna complain and get Riot to give me a never ending pink so I can never worry about stealth ever again." This is why they should just remove stealth completely if people can't learn how to play against it.

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

Quote:
This is why they should just remove stealth completely if people can't learn how to play against it.

So curious how the problem is other players and not, y'know,... you. Like I said #ThisIsWhyYouAreBronzeV

Like Wolf said, Hextech Sweeper doesn't make Teemo worthless anymore than building a Frozen Heart makes Vayne useless. But you refused to adapt your playstyle and you lost. So, like most Bronze-lings, you came to the forums to cry about it. Instead of, y'know, maybe having the presence of mind to not build LOLFULLAP Teemo on an AP-heavy team. You deride AD Teemo, but high-lariously, this match you lost is a great example of when building AS/OH Teemo might have been a better choice than going AP and expecting to win by covering the lane in mushrooms.

What is a Wolf

07-08-2014

Quote:
Foxxyness:
The sweeper has a passive that detects traps. That means they see traps all the time. They don't have to activate it, and it has no cd because it's a passive. So instantly they're taking away shrooms completely just by having this 1 item.

That destroys AP Teemo because other than a few blinding darts which is a fairly high cd he has to rely on very little damage from auto's. Because of this AP is useless and you might as well go ad.

You can't detect traps in bushes unless the sweeper wielder is in the bush. That's what I meant by saying "put traps in bush entrances" that way the second they set foot in the bush, it explodes on your face.

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

I just built a Hextech Sweeper as Braum. Why? Because the enemy team had a Shaco. The better to protect my Twitch with.

What? Braum twice in a row? ZOMG RANDOM ARAM IS RANDOM WTF RANDOM!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

But I didn't build a Hextech Sweeper this time. All AP team lololololol.

NinjaToad99

07-08-2014

Quote:
Foxxyness:
The other item is twin shadows

Actually, for traps it is a little item called Light Bringer.

awholepie

07-08-2014

i always build a hybrid teemo, with a focus for whatever i am that game. When AP, i try for Rylais/laindrys/triforce/gunblade. I always seem to take like halfhealthed damage when im poking, so i like the sustain.
I focus on popping the Q which triggers rylais/liandry. shroomies are 2nd option that forces the enemy to build a certain way.

Hunter Orion 7

07-08-2014

Quote:
Foxxyness:
The sweeper has a passive that detects traps. That means they see traps all the time. They don't have to activate it, and it has no cd because it's a passive. So instantly they're taking away shrooms completely just by having this 1 item.

That destroys AP Teemo because other than a few blinding darts which is a fairly high cd he has to rely on very little damage from auto's. Because of this AP is useless and you might as well go ad.

Actually the passive only applies to a certain range around the person who has the item, its not global. Also, the traps cannot detected if the user doesn't have vision of the trap, so face-checking is the only way to see traps in the bush. So Wolf meant that you use the active (with a cooldown) on the bushes so the person doesn't face check and die. after they use the active, then replant the traps. but by no means is the passive global nor can it always see traps regardless of vision.

BLU Medic

07-13-2014

Out of all the items you could complain about, you complain about the one that counters by far one of the easiest to use, most infuriating ultimates around? With very little space on the Abyss, without this item, Teemos would utterly dominate. They're still fairly good right now because they can do a lot of damage over time.

Thing is, Howling Abyss is really narrow. If you plant a minefield of shrooms and there's no way to counter it, you essentially beat the entire enemy team for zero effort. Really, how hard is it to place shrooms when there's no one around? It's a piece of cake. You want to complain about something, complain about Chalice or something worthwhile.