Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hextech Sweeper.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Hextech Sweeper needs to be removed from ARAM. This item is pure toxic, and renders all Teemo games an instant loss when trying to defend. This item makes the game easy mode. This item is used only by people who would rather use a cheap shot to win a game, rather than learn how to actually play the game.

The only way I can describe how op this item is is by saying imagine your favorite champion. Then imagine your champion's ult being rendered useless because of 1 item... The game instantly becomes boring because now you have no ult, while everyone else's ult is still of some use.

Lastly this item needs to be removed because it's a slap in the face to all Stealth users. Might as well just remove stealth from the entire game rather than render it useless.

Bonfire

07-08-2014

I actually just had the same problem, I spent a good 15 minutes setting up a minefield because we were losing, and after it had just come into effect, someone got a hextech sweeper and killed the entire thing. At least put the item's trap detection as a use item, or some sort of cooldown.

What is a Wolf

07-08-2014

>wtf Teemo is a dumb champion noone can do anything about his 2000 dmg traps!
>wtf Sweeper is a dumb item, when im playing Teemo I cant do anything!

herp

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

Hextech Sweeper being changed from an "AP" item to a tank item was an excellent idea. Yeah, I was skeptical at first (and there's still no decent version for APC's now...), but with the armor being removed from the Locket, a Sweeper + Locket build is a solid idea for a tank. Health, mana, armor, magic resistance, CDR, and two excellent item-actives. Fantastic.

As for the pointless crying, this is why you don't go OMGFULLAP Teemo and Shaco if your opponents aren't morons. Hextech Sweeper is fine. Counter-play isn't bad -- get better.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Quote:
JedditeFTW:
As for the pointless crying, this is why you don't go OMGFULLAP Teemo and Shaco if your opponents aren't morons. Hextech Sweeper is fine.

Ah. So destroying full ap Teemo because of people doing "pointless crying" about too many shrooms. So instead of forcing people to learn to avoid bushes and health relics where Shrooms are always placed they give in to "pointless crying." Also my reasons are not pointless. Destroying a viable build such as ap Teemo on ARAM while allowing it on SR is just stupid. Like I said might as well remove all stealth if people want to refuse to learn how to beat a champion like Teemo.

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

Yeah, it's pointless crying. You're catching on -- slowly. There's a whole TWO ITEMS (You dont even know what the other one is, do you?) that can counter stealth and traps. So, yeah -- pointless crying. Playing LOLFULLAP Teemo doesn't mean you get to control bushes and health items with impunity. Maybe that's how it works in the ARAM equivalent of Bronze V, but yeah -- it's pointless crying to whine about one (of two) items that counters traps and stealth in the absence of pink wards.

Pointless crying. Get better. No amount of crying on the forums is going to make you better. That's why you're Bronze V.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Quote:
JedditeFTW:
Pointless crying. Get better. No amount of crying on the forums is going to make you better. That's why you're Bronze V.

The other item is twin shadows, and it should be removed to. Lastly what does rank have to do with aram? You're not even coming up with a legit reason why the items are balanced. You're just being rude, and acting like one can be good at aram.

Please do not respond if you're going to be toxic. Also please only state reasons why items are balanced vs talking about rank. Which btw I'm S5 because decay. Was S4. Last season was S2. (support main btw)

What is a Wolf

07-08-2014

Quote:
Foxxyness:
Ah. So destroying full ap Teemo because of people doing "pointless crying" about too many shrooms. So instead of forcing people to learn to avoid bushes and health relics where Shrooms are always placed they give in to "pointless crying." Also my reasons are not pointless. Destroying a viable build such as ap Teemo on ARAM while allowing it on SR is just stupid. Like I said might as well remove all stealth if people want to refuse to learn how to beat a champion like Teemo.

A Sweeper doesn't "destroy" AP Teemo just like armor items don't destroy AD carries. You just have to modify your itemization and how you play.

Instead of going max cdr with void and deathcap when you know what you're doing doesn't work, try lichbane or nashor so that way you don't entirely depend on people right-clicking on your traps. Also Sweeper has an cooldown on the active. They can clear the health packs with their detection, but nothing stops you from trapping bush entry points and re-trapping them if they clear it.

Foxxyness

07-08-2014

Quote:
What is a Wolf:
A Sweeper doesn't "destroy" AP Teemo just like armor items don't destroy AD carries. You just have to modify your itemization and how you play.

The sweeper has a passive that detects traps. That means they see traps all the time. They don't have to activate it, and it has no cd because it's a passive. So instantly they're taking away shrooms completely just by having this 1 item.

That destroys AP Teemo because other than a few blinding darts which is a fairly high cd he has to rely on very little damage from auto's. Because of this AP is useless and you might as well go ad.

JedditeFTW

07-08-2014

Quote:
The other item is twin shadows, and it should be removed to. Lastly what does rank have to do with aram? You're not even coming up with a legit reason why the items are balanced. You're just being rude, and acting like one can be good at aram.

Actually, I did specify why the items are balanced. You're just A) too dense to notice; and B) not going to accept any reason because you're emotionally invested in "OMG HEXTECH SWEEPER IS TOXIC" and cannot be reasoned with. So, instead, I will mock you. (Quite effectively, I might add.)

Oh, and one can be good at ARAM. That you don't understand how that is possible is just another reason why you're ARAM Bronze and complaining about an item that offers counter-play to stealth and traps.

Quote:
Please do not respond if you're going to be toxic. Also please only state reasons why items are balanced vs talking about rank. Which btw I'm S5 because decay. Was S4. Last season was S2. (support main btw)

That's not how the internet works, kiddo. If you want to control who can respond to you, post your whiny screeds on your FaceDURRRK account. This is a public forum; I will respond how I choose. And you will react how you choose (which, I note, you chose to respond whiningly).

Nobody cares about your Summoner's Rift rank. That's why I said "the ARAM equivalent of Bronze V". Because that is what you are.